• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
What criteria do you think selectors use in order to come to terms with their decisions when, as you said, there are so many deserving players in such a heavily contested position like the back row?
Sometimes wonder if you were selected in previous years you will struggle to get a look in. Hopefully they are picked on this years form not previous selection

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Why has nobody talked about the inflated prices of Bacon and Egg rolls and milkshakes at Newington, it’s honestly a joke. I’m sure Joker would agree.

Cheers
I have yet to sample the culinary delights this season and last at the brick pit. What prices are we talking here.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Rugby Forum, not Economics mate.
Nice though from the tiresome, "look out for Freddie Fatbottom who is making his debut in the 1st XV after starting in the 8ths....."
Yes.....but keep to the rugby. Some people get triggered.

nerds.gif

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
why stop there, let's have magic round at HH (best surface, best viewing over all, best bbq and best after match amenities). Imagine the chaos!

Best BBQ? Check but Shore comes close
Best pies? No. Kings and Scots now dominate
Best playing surface? Oh God yes....Kings with an honorable mention for their pasture improvement
Best changing rooms? No. Old, cramped and cold showers. Gold toilets at Kings win
Best hospitality? Pretty good but best is a tie with Shore/Newington/View
Best Coffee? No. Scots win hands down
Best looking mums? See coffee
Best supporters? Of course but the Wookies of Stanmore, Wild wolves of Lane Cove and the cos play lunatics at the Death Star come close
Best lights? sigh......no such luck. It has been tried but those pesky neighbours.

Rare photo of me at the Kings school after function

1DxK.gif

Last edited:

pocockenthusiast1973

Allen Oxlade (6)
Best playing surface? Oh God yes....Kings with an honorable mention for their pasture improvement
Best changing rooms? No. Old, cramped and cold showers. Gold toilets at Kings win
Best supporters? Of course but the Wookies of Stanmore, Wild wolves of Lane Cove and the cos play lunatics at the Death Star come close
Best lights? sigh......no such luck. It has been tried but those pesky neighbours.

View attachment 16164
Scots has the fittest mums. Must be the Eastern Suburbs demographic

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)

View attachment 16164
Re after match, I was referring to Jacks, I’m not fussed about the cupcakes in the offical reception

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joker have you ever spoken to one of these yummy mummy’s from scots or do you spectate from a distance
I taught the son of this mum at Scots Prep.
Who can name her?
BTW....a class lady who would wear sweat pants and Manly jersey to school drop off.
A real northern beaches girl.

1685000503600.png

The mums were all lovely in their own way. Sure some were trophy wives but they all wanted the best for their sons.
Today I am still in friends with one mother who was one of Australias top models in the 1970's.

I taught the son of this mum at Scots Prep.
Who can name her?
BTW....a class lady who would wear sweat pants and Manly jersey to school drop off.
A real northern beaches girl.

View attachment 16165

The mums were all lovely in their own way. Sure some were trophy wives but they all wanted the best for their sons.
Today I am still in friends with one mother who was one of Australias top models in the 1970's.
Should change the name from Joker to Rizzler, surely used some of this extensive AAGPS knowledge to pull some good sorts from Scots

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Round 1 – 27 May
Well, the trials are finished and it’s Round 1 for the 3rd XV Competition – seven rounds between 8 teams for the Col Windon Shield. Trial results indicate a very close premiership race is ahead, with only a few points separating Kings, Riverview, Joeys and Scots with Shore close by in the trial matches. Much harder to tell how TAS, Grammar and High will fare this year as they have not yet played the other teams, but the first round will sort that out. Kings and Riverview will both be looking to defend their co-premiership from 2022 and go one better to win it outright, but they will not have it all their own way. Should be an excellent contest.

Scots 3rd XV v Kings 3rd XV
This is definitely match of the round for mine – a rematch of the recent trial which Kings won at home by 14-12. But this match is at Bellevue Hill, and I think that gives Scots the upper hand. Kings had a great win over St Pats 1st XV in their final trial so will be well prepared for this match and Scots are coming off a very close trial loss at Riverview last week which will have them fired up. I do like their chance of upsetting the defending premiers at Bellevue Hill but regardless of the outcome we can expect a really good match.
Scots by 2.

Shore 3rd XV v High 1st XV
Shore held Joeys for much of the game last week in their final trial at Northbridge. It was 10-10 in the second half before Joeys ran away to win 27-10. Shore showed some good resolve and were right in the contest for much of the game, so they are well prepared for the competition season. High travelled to Armidale last week and despite losing 17-5, they are a vastly improved team from last year. High has also demonstrated the ability to score points in the trials and that is definitely in their favour. Having seen Shore play last week, I think they could prove too strong for High, but the 2023 High 1st XV will not be easily beaten and it should be a great match.
Shore by 7.

TAS 1st XV v Riverview 3rd XV
Riverview travel to Armidale for their first competition round match. TAS are coming off a good win over High last week in the early round 7 clash. Given Riverview’s extremely close trial match against Scots last week I am expecting a very close contest here, but I think Riverview should prevail in the away fixture and commence their title defence with a win.
Riverview by 5.

Grammar 1st XV v Joeys 3rd XV
Grammar’s trial form has been hard to read – they have had three losses to non-GPS teams before an easy win over St Pats 2nd XV last week. Joeys on the other hand have had a couple of tough trials against St Greg’s 1st XV followed by recent wins over Scots and Shore. So, I am picking Joeys here on the basis of their runaway win at Shore last week, but it is always a close match at Rushcutters Bay where Grammar have won the last two competition matches, most recently in 2020 for the premiership.
Joeys by 7.

Good luck to all players and teams for the competition season.
INP

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Round 1 – 27 May
Well, the trials are finished and it’s Round 1 for the 3rd XV Competition – seven rounds between 8 teams for the Col Windon Shield. Trial results indicate a very close premiership race is ahead, with only a few points separating Kings, Riverview, Joeys and Scots with Shore close by in the trial matches. Much harder to tell how TAS, Grammar and High will fare this year as they have not yet played the other teams, but the first round will sort that out. Kings and Riverview will both be looking to defend their co-premiership from 2022 and go one better to win it outright, but they will not have it all their own way. Should be an excellent contest.

Scots 3rd XV v Kings 3rd XV
This is definitely match of the round for mine – a rematch of the recent trial which Kings won at home by 14-12. But this match is at Bellevue Hill, and I think that gives Scots the upper hand. Kings had a great win over St Pats 1st XV in their final trial so will be well prepared for this match and Scots are coming off a very close trial loss at Riverview last week which will have them fired up. I do like their chance of upsetting the defending premiers at Bellevue Hill but regardless of the outcome we can expect a really good match.
Scots by 2.

Shore 3rd XV v High 1st XV
Shore held Joeys for much of the game last week in their final trial at Northbridge. It was 10-10 in the second half before Joeys ran away to win 27-10. Shore showed some good resolve and were right in the contest for much of the game, so they are well prepared for the competition season. High travelled to Armidale last week and despite losing 17-5, they are a vastly improved team from last year. High has also demonstrated the ability to score points in the trials and that is definitely in their favour. Having seen Shore play last week, I think they could prove too strong for High, but the 2023 High 1st XV will not be easily beaten and it should be a great match.
Shore by 7.

TAS 1st XV v Riverview 3rd XV
Riverview travel to Armidale for their first competition round match. TAS are coming off a good win over High last week in the early round 7 clash. Given Riverview’s extremely close trial match against Scots last week I am expecting a very close contest here, but I think Riverview should prevail in the away fixture and commence their title defence with a win.
Riverview by 5.

Grammar 1st XV v Joeys 3rd XV
Grammar’s trial form has been hard to read – they have had three losses to non-GPS teams before an easy win over St Pats 2nd XV last week. Joeys on the other hand have had a couple of tough trials against St Greg’s 1st XV followed by recent wins over Scots and Shore. So, I am picking Joeys here on the basis of their runaway win at Shore last week, but it is always a close match at Rushcutters Bay where Grammar have won the last two competition matches, most recently in 2020 for the premiership.
Joeys by 7.

Good luck to all players and teams for the competition season.
INP

kings thirds will be tested, with lots of there playing moving up due to injury’s it seems as if they have a whole new backline.

will be placing a 4ths lineup in a thirds game almost, very risky but can’t wait to watch on clutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.