• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Wondering if you actually watched the Kings game this week, Boston was playing fullback in attack, and switched to play 10 in defense, not once did he play 12... not only speaks volumes about what an insane talent the young talent is, but it also speaks volumes about many people in this forum including yourself. Many of you are very quick to jump down the throat of another, insisting your correct, and you usually end up embarrassing yourself.

JoeysBoy1982
I'm happy to accept the mistake about him playing 12, which Jersey was he playing in for the game? Because when I read the Kings lineup it stated he was at 12.

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
New 14 definitely deserves a mention. Excellent on attack and defense. Really happy to see Humphries gain confidence and spark up multiple attacks. Talis McEwen first game in the 15 jersey and playing at Joeys is an extremely difficult task, but he handled the pressure very well. Newington have got a lot of talent, and were deserved winners imo
Just watched the replay, the New 15 was very good in attack. He needs to work on defence though but understandable if that was his first game in 15. It was the 10 / 12 combo that caused all the problems, probably aided by the absence of Young who wouldn’t have allowed as much room to run.

mr_pilfer

Frank Row (1)
Yes such a talent! cant wait to see him TEAR up.

BridgeBoy55
Wow!

What a performance.
In a thrilling match against Shore, Aiden Gow made his highly anticipated debut for the First Fifteen Scots rugby team, leaving spectators in awe with his exceptional skills and natural talent. In a display of sheer brilliance, Aiden managed to score not one, but two remarkable tries, showcasing his remarkable speed, strength, and agility. With only three touches of the ball, he left the opposition struggling to keep up with his lightning-fast pace. Aiden's performance on the field undoubtedly solidified his reputation as a promising rugby player with a bright future ahead. His quickness, strength, and incredible instincts make him a force to be reckoned with, leaving fans and teammates eager to witness more of his extraordinary talent in the games to come.

Wondering if you actually watched the Kings game this week, Boston was playing fullback in attack, and switched to play 10 in defense, not once did he play 12... not only speaks volumes about what an insane talent the young talent is, but it also speaks volumes about many people in this forum including yourself. Many of you are very quick to jump down the throat of another, insisting your correct, and you usually end up embarrassing yourself.

JoeysBoy1982
Mate, I can't help but think you're blowing this out of proportion. A simple query/comment was made and you are ranting. Looking through your posting history, there is some 'poking and proding' behaviours that are simply out of place in a discussion about rugby. Seriously

RBE - SBHS 83

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Just watched the replay, the New 15 was very good in attack. He needs to work on defence though but understandable if that was his first game in 15. It was the 10 / 12 combo that caused all the problems, probably aided by the absence of Young who wouldn’t have allowed as much room to run.
He is a true talent, and will be back for 2024 aswell. His defense is a bit of a liability though something that can easily be worked on. Newington utilised their 12 to a great degree (something that has been lacking for years). Funnily enough, the inside center usually plays 2nd XV but got moved up to the 1sts due to injuries. Will be hard to replace him in upcoming games.

Morning All,

Round 3 Team of the Week.

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 8.23.18 am.png

This week was the hardest week to choose with every game being close.

Choices were so challenging and close for team and I that we have a lot of special mentions for player’s performance.

The players are numbered by school:

Joeys – 8, 11, 14, 15

Riverview – 1, 10, 13

Kings – 9, 11

Scots – 10, 11

Shore – 7, 15

Newington – 6

Congratulations to all the boys who made the round 3 team.

The Import.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
My U16 GPS Team

1. Lavercomb (kings)
2. Gahttas (joeys)
3. Davenport (kings)
4. Green (joeys)
5. Fonua (kings)
6. Massey (joeys)
7. Perrett (kings)
8. Justice (joeys)
9. Grova (veiw)
10. Sawyer (kings)
11. good option from newington,not sure of name
12. Farrah (kings) / Gough (joeys)
13. Makasini (newington) / Tregonning (kings)
14. another good option from scots, unsure of name
15. Tregonning (kings) / Palmisani (joeys)

I think that sawyer takes out fowler for the fly half spot, as he did make 15 gen blue over jonty. Alot of kings and joeys boys have great potential for the presidents team. I think as the kings boys start to get into older age groups they get well drilled and lot more skill about them. Inside centre could change with both Farrah and Gough out with injury. Large could be and option from scots to play that position.
Ontini Large from Scots who is playing 1stXV needs to fit into the team somewhere maybe 15 or 12.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Has Ata played much Hooker? I know he throws the line outs but I have only seen him at Prop. After seeing View v Kings I'd be picking Ata at 2 if I was a GPS selector due to his throwing.

mr footy head

Stan Wickham (3)
People seem to be looking past the intentional knockdown by the Kings 10 in the 53rd minute that should have been a yellow card. A shocking call by the ref could have had a massive effect on the game especially because it is one of King's key players and without him, I believe the King's attack is much much worse.

Does anyone else agree?

cheers footy head

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Good morning....
Round 4 tips are open.

1685319239756.png

Last week taught us that this competition is very close and any team on their day can upset another.
This week is really no different with the away teams all with a chance.
Is there a gimme?
Good luck with your predictions.

Tips close midnight Friday

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Good morning....
Round 4 tips are open.

View attachment 16220

Last week taught us that this competition is very close and any team on their day can upset another.
This week is really no different with the away teams all with a chance.
Is there a gimme?
Good luck with your predictions.

Tips close midnight Friday
I'll decide with the heart again, motivated by a desire for upsets, strangely I will go against principal and tip Scots for the first time ever.

Scots + 10
Joeys + 5
Shore +3

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Good round of GPS Rugby. Who will lead at the break ? Kings are looking good but can be beaten and will have to play a desperate Scots and possibly a winless Joeys last round.
Tips :
Scots by 5 ( upset of the round. Scots forwards can match Kings for size but can their backs put a score on Kings ? )
View by 7 ( the River boys will be keen to bouce back and keep Joeys winless )
New by 24( at home and after a great win away, possibly with Farr-Jones/Rodwell back, may blow out )

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Three word that should not be said too often however :
I'm off Joeys ( this year !)

They lack size, playing too side to side ( as mentioned in previous posts, need to tweak their attack ) and have had crucial injuries ( Jorgo/Young ) at bad times. Must win every game to have a chance, but can't see it happening. The other schools are smelling victory and it will continue this week against the View boys.
Kings are favs still yet still 7 games to go. Playing well, getting a good lead but may struggle towards the end of season. They have good depth which may see them last.
Shore as always will fight hard and have some talent but .............
Scots hopefully will be the "fly in the ointment" as they have the talent and if things click can beat any school ( ie comeback against Joeys ) but I think it's between the ears for them.
New , if they win their next two against Shore and Scots will go into the break with confidence but will need to beat one or both View and Kings away after the break. Big ask but they've been in both games.
View are still a big chance. Tough loss against Kings but hopefully they'll learn some lessons. Huge game against Joeys this week and a must win as they'll face them at HH after the break. Have the team, heads up boys.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Three word that should not be said too often however :
I'm off Joeys ( this year !)

They lack size, playing too side to side ( as mentioned in previous posts, need to tweak their attack ) and have had crucial injuries ( Jorgo/Young ) at bad times. Must win every game to have a chance, but can't see it happening. The other schools are smelling victory and it will continue this week against the View boys.
Kings are favs still yet still 7 games to go. Playing well, getting a good lead but may struggle towards the end of season. They have good depth which may see them last.
Shore as always will fight hard and have some talent but .............
Scots hopefully will be the "fly in the ointment" as they have the talent and if things click can beat any school ( ie comeback against Joeys ) but I think it's between the ears for them.
New , if they win their next two against Shore and Scots will go into the break with confidence but will need to beat one or both View and Kings away after the break. Big ask but they've been in both games.
View are still a big chance. Tough loss against Kings but hopefully they'll learn some lessons. Huge game against Joeys this week and a must win as they'll face them at HH after the break. Have the team, heads up boys.
Joeys will be very different after the break. There is a possibility that Doyle and Jorgo both return, a number of other players will filter back in as well. So if they can pull a few wins out of the bag over the next few weeks..... it could well be game on. It's not impossible, to have played 3 for no wins and have a differential of -2 tells you how tight the comp is.

Status
Not open for further replies.