• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
TIPS TUESDAY!

View attachment 16227

Well you have seen some of the braver heads here explain their choices and margins.

Do you agree?

Will Kings trample the bagpipes, the Dragon breathe fire over the the Shore men and the Wild Wolves subdue the cattledogs?
So far not many have tipped Scots, Shore or Joeys. Do they know something you don't?

Get in now. Want to change your mind? You can, just message me before midnight Friday.

Tipping closes at midnight Friday.
Kings + 10
View+ 17
New +14

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
TIPS TUESDAY!

View attachment 16227

Well you have seen some of the braver heads here explain their choices and margins.

Do you agree?

Will Kings trample the bagpipes, the Dragon breathe fire over the the Shore men and the Wild Wolves subdue the cattledogs?
So far not many have tipped Scots, Shore or Joeys. Do they know something you don't?

Get in now. Want to change your mind? You can, just message me before midnight Friday.

Tipping closes at midnight Friday.
TKS by 12
Riverview by 7
New by 14

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
On the injury point, could it be that with more trial games, more players are usually rested a bit more, more subs allowed and less loading on players/players pushing through early on for selection. It would all play a part.
RR
I think that’s a fair statement and with 7 rounds to go, this will become a battle of attrition.

Will be interesting to watch all 6 schools back up next week and send there most competitive 1st and 2nd teams back out there on the Thursday for Rd 5.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
On the injury point, could it be that with more trial games, more players are usually rested a bit more, more subs allowed and less loading on players/players pushing through early on for selection. It would all play a part.
True, like we’ve always said here .. there is difference between trial and comp games

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
A very fine Scots team indeed in 2014.
Dominated all season with just a scare against Shore late in the season who came close to an almighty upset.
For those of you who want to relive the season link is below to season highlights.
One of the very best schoolboy highlights reels.
2 internationals in that line up.
Angus Crichton at League and Guy Porter who was capped in union last year for England.
Might also notice a shaven headed Toby Rudolf in the No.1 shirt scoring against Kings
View attachment 16231
And put 100 on New with a clean sheet

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
On a completely seperate note in relation to last weekends Kings v View game- i has very impressed as an old boy to see there were more View boys at the game in support. Even for a home game with about half the school boarding the turn out for Kings must be pretty disappointing for their players to see the lack of spirit.

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
On a completely seperate note in relation to last weekends Kings v View game- i has very impressed as an old boy to see there were more View boys at the game in support. Even for a home game with about half the school boarding the turn out for Kings must be pretty disappointing for their players to see the lack of spirit.
View crowds have been excellent as of late

This is due to the school introducing 3 “warcry leaders”

it’s no Iggy the moocher but it’s a step in the right direction

Dustyy

Peter Burge (5)
View crowds have been excellent as of late

This is due to the school introducing 3 “warcry leaders”

it’s no Iggy the moocher but it’s a step in the right direction
I know Kings have 'compulsory' attendance days where boys must attend and they have limited to 3 weekends out of the 5 home games but it never seems to be a full crowd. It must be disappointing for the players on a home ground to see the opposition have more supporters. No doubt the school is being bombarded with 'excuses' why boys cant attend this weekend for the first compulsory game this weekend against Scots.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
A very strong schoolboy side. Who would come close to them? Kings 09-10, Joeys 19?
This team was better.
1923 Joeys 1st XV

1923.jpg

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Wednesday Tip Day

By now we can see a trend with the cattlemen, Lane Cove swamp monsters and the Wookies of Stanmore looking strong.
Only one fearless pundit so far has tipped a blow out in any of the games and this is testament to how close 2023 is.

Get in now, think of the margins (they will play a role as you have seen)

1685489686298.png

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
A very strong schoolboy side. Who would come close to them? Kings 09-10, Joeys 19?

Joeys 2019? Definitely not. Wasn't even the best team that year. There are MUCH stronger Joeys teams.

Kings 2020 was ridiculously strong. I believe every single back +1 in that team now has at least a professional development contract. Wilson (Tahs), Poolman (Force), Little (Force), Penisini (Eels), Sua'ali'i (Wallabies), Blackmore (Brumbies) plus I believe Hemsworth now has a Tahs development contract too?

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
I've also heard a theory that for a few seasons very little game time due to Cov19 and now we have gone back into full swing players bodies aren't seasoned toughened hence the amount of injuries that are occuring.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think that to the extent that players pushed through some minor injuries during trials and made them worse there is an element of truth to this. When they might have rested they didn’t. However it is not the quantum of rugby played, that is more or less the same year on year.
It's a good question, the worrying aspect is the injuries aren't sprained ankles etc (1 week out) allot of season ending injuries ACL etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.