• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Big out if he's not playing Thursday. Looking at Scots team sheet every week, big changes and postional shifts. Injuries aside ( and there are a lot ), not sure changing positions of players from week to week helps continuity. Out of need, I can understand but changing for the sake of losing may not improve the team. View and Kings have been blessed with injury so far but doubt they would change positions of players so frequently as the Scots coaches do. Opinion.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Kings have not been blessed with Injury’s, rather opposite.

two weeks ago kings had 9 backs out who would all contest for a 1st or 2nds spot.

this week, they had starting prop out who would contest for a GPS 1s spot, second rower issac had to pass a fitness test on Thursday to be allowed to play.

Kings are lucky they have large amounts of depth and it is a “next man up” mentality. No matter who is in the jersey they are expected to do a role which we have seen week in and week out.
Big out if he's not playing Thursday. Looking at Scots team sheet every week, big changes and postional shifts. Injuries aside ( and there are a lot ), not sure changing positions of players from week to week helps continuity. Out of need, I can understand but changing for the sake of losing may not improve the team. View and Kings have been blessed with injury so far but doubt they would change positions of players so frequently as the Scots coaches do. Opinion.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
No worries Rugbynbeers. Noted that Kings have cultivated good depth and are using the boys wisely. My point is that unforced positional changes are not ideal and I may be corrected, but I think Scots has changed their team a fair bit and not because of injury.

Gordonguru

Frank Row (1)
Joe Dillon is light years ahead. Watched him play last week for the first time. Great kicking game, defends well, great pass but also takes on the line in attack so keeps the opposition backline guessing, was very impressed with him. If I was a super rugby franchise I would snap him up in a heart beat

InsiderScoop

Chris McKivat (8)
It is.

My wife is a fully qualified Tier 1/2 senior referee who works in the Sydney West Division and she has done many school games up to the seniors level in Kentwell Cup (some colts for West Harbour) . I spoke with her and we watched the play in question numerous times before I asked what she would do in that situation.

To begin there is much debate over the stoppage of the game. The issue seems to be what weight is placed on player welfare in rugby. In the post-school matches there is a considerably less amount of weight placed on player welfare and play is allowed to move on if there is no perceieved danger to the player at that time. In Under 19's player welfare is considerably higher. The decision to stop play is up to the ref's on field decision making.

So lets review my wife's thinking on this event.

Was there a clear head clash? YES
Were there player(s) on the ground dealing with the head clash? YES
Were these players able to protect themselves from ongoing play? small yes. Unsure as both were showing signs of moving and sitting.
Were they located near active play(s) and in danger of more physical harm? YES. Play moved towards them and play ran through them.
Should play have been halted (Under 19 consideration) to deal with the welfare of the two players? YES

Why is was not stopped comes down to the referee decision. My wife knows this referee and has high praise for him in his ability to control grade games in Shute and Kentwell cup matches. (Couple of clangers but this happens) She believes that when a Tier 1 referee comes to the Under 19 laws they often forget that player welfare is paramount in this age then in the adult world.

Hope this helps

It probably didn’t help that the Joeys players were going down with “injuries” and then continuing to play on the game. The ref probably thought they were doing the same thing. He may have been sick of it, as was the crowd with the boos.

InsiderScoop

Chris McKivat (8)
Kings have not been blessed with Injury’s, rather opposite.

two weeks ago kings had 9 backs out who would all contest for a 1st or 2nds spot.

this week, they had starting prop out who would contest for a GPS 1s spot, second rower issac had to pass a fitness test on Thursday to be allowed to play.

Kings are lucky they have large amounts of depth and it is a “next man up” mentality. No matter who is in the jersey they are expected to do a role which we have seen week in and week out.
9 backs out? In the 2nds? Adesh was the only player in the 1s backline out for Riverview. And The 10 was out for Newington.

Just curious who they are or if they were just early injury calls eg. had to pass fitness tests.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Dusk

Saturday June 17 is actually the Final Teams Selections and will be posted on the AAGPS website.

In answer to your question…

Tuesday 20 June: Fixtures at Knox College
3.15 GPS White v Country Juniors
4.30 GPS Blue v Sydney Juniors
5.45 GPS 2 v CAS 2
7.00 GPS 1 v CAS 1

Hopefully the first 3 games will set the tone for the main event @ 7:00pm between GPS 1 v CAS 1.

Any idea of the fixtures & Venue for Friday 23 June???

Status
Not open for further replies.