• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Joeys 1st XV vs Scots
1. Gordon Durie
2. Charlie O’Kane
3. James Winters
4. Joe Mangelsdorf
5. Arthur Greer
6. Johannes Logan
7. Pat Young
8. Justice Taumoepeau

9. Hwi Sharples (c)
10. Caleb Murphy
11. Kynan Hart
12. Patrick Broe
13. Ethan Tombs
14. Ben Sleeman
15. Ben Chick

Injured: Oscar Jorgensen, Eamon Doyle, Ben Playford, Hunter Fogarty, Paddy O’Malley, Jonty Fowler, Declan Minto, Matt Gough, Ben Whyte.
Coaches: Greg Thompson / Rob Hahn
9 injured, I hope to see some return next term but the boys stepping up are all up to it.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
WELCOME BACK

I am at work (some of us still do) so limited in my time now. I wish everyone a good weekend. Thank you to those who messaged their tips to me plus plenty of thoughts. It was good to chat with you.

Don’t forget your pie this weekend!

B1EF78E2-FB0A-4301-B693-FE373DF5E1C6.jpeg

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Round 3 – 17 June
After two competition rounds, we have only two undefeated teams - Grammar and Scots. Round 3 match ups are very interesting with a couple of potentially close matches that are likely to influence the final premiership standings.

Joeys 3rd XV v Scots 3rd XV
This is match of the round for mine, as the undefeated Scots team travel to Hunters Hill for a rematch of the trial that Joeys won at Bellevue Hill. Joeys are coming off a one-point win over Shore and must win this game to stay in the premiership race. Scots will want to reverse the trial result and maintain their unbeaten record at the top of the table. It should be a cracking game at Hunters Hill where the Joeys 1sts and 2nds are also playing Scots on the same day. I think that Joeys can win this match based on the trial result, but Scots are on a roll and are meeting Joeys already one loss down.
Joeys by 2.

Shore 3rd XV v Kings 3rd XV
In another intriguing match-up, Kings travel to Northbridge for a must win clash against Shore. Both teams have one win and one loss so far, so the loser here is likely to be out of premiership contention in the 7 round comp, and the winner stays alive in the premiership race. Shore played well in their one-point loss to Joeys while Kings had a big win over High in Round 2, so it’s extremely hard to compare their form. While it appears that Kings have rebounded well from their initial loss to Scots, I am tipping Shore with home ground advantage at Northbridge and vocal Shore support. It should be a really close match regardless.
Shore by 2.

TAS 1st XV v Grammar 1st XV
The undefeated Grammar side travels to Armidale for this highly anticipated annual clash with TAS. I have not had the opportunity to see TAS play this year, but they have endured recent losses to Riverview and Scots. Grammar on the other hand have had two very good wins over Joeys and Riverview to lead the competition. One can only assume that the trend will continue and a win for Grammar is anticipated. Of course, it would be great if TAS could challenge the competition front runners at home.
Grammar by 10.

High 1st XV v Riverview 3rd XV
High are still looking for that elusive first win, following some solid results early in the season, but it doesn’t get any easier for them here. Riverview travel to Centennial Park for this match and look like they are favourites after their very close loss to Grammar at Leichhardt Oval. A win to Riverview keeps them well and truly in the race to retain the Col Windon Shield that they shared with Kings last year. High would be expected to lift at home, as their resurgence continues, but Riverview will be hard to beat.
Riverview by 10

Good luck to all players in this critical round before the holiday break.
INP

Cockatoo Run

Herbert Moran (7)
Hastily cobbled together now we are back online. Thanks Bob Peters for the team list as usual.

And thanks INP for the 3rd XV previews - amazing!

PREVIEW: 1st XV Joeys vs Scots
Joeys enter the second round of matches, and last game of term 2, with the same forward pack that played Kings, but with numerous backline changes.

The versatile Caleb Murphy moves from wing to fly half with injuries to 3 of their No. 10’s in Ben Playford, Hunter Fogarty, and Jonty Fowler. There are also new wings this week with Ben Sleeman and Kynan Hart to come up from the undefeated 2nd XV, with Pat Broe remaining in the 12 jersey to again shore up the midfield.

Scots have proven to be the most difficult team to predict this season, with a 24-58 loss to Kings reversed 5 days later with an impressive 29-13 win over Newington last week, providing by far their best defensive performance of the season. They will be confident they need only 40% possession to score enough points with a terrific attacking backline.

The Joeys forward pack went toe to toe with Kings for the entire match last week and it will take another enormous shift to control enough possession and territory to limit Scots opportunities with ball in hand. Last week Kings held the upper hand out wide in both attack and in defence (winning multiple turnovers in the outside backs), so this will no doubt be a target area for Scots. With all the Joeys cavalry finally due back after the term break, for this last match of a difficult term 2 we will likely see Joeys drive their attack through the closer channels and back their own defence to hold firm. Another fascinating battle awaits that’s too close to call.

BobbyD

Peter Burge (5)
does anyone have predictions for gps teams?
As with previous years, it's a numbers game if you follow the form guide (or ladder this year). Breakdown won't be too dissimilar to this:
Kings - 6
View - 3
Scots - 2
New - 2
Shore - 1
Joeys - 1
Follow the formula and insert names ;)

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
3rd XV Round 3 – 17 June
After two competition rounds, we have only two undefeated teams - Grammar and Scots. Round 3 match ups are very interesting with a couple of potentially close matches that are likely to influence the final premiership standings.

Joeys 3rd XV v Scots 3rd XV
This is match of the round for mine, as the undefeated Scots team travel to Hunters Hill for a rematch of the trial that Joeys won at Bellevue Hill. Joeys are coming off a one-point win over Shore and must win this game to stay in the premiership race. Scots will want to reverse the trial result and maintain their unbeaten record at the top of the table. It should be a cracking game at Hunters Hill where the Joeys 1sts and 2nds are also playing Scots on the same day. I think that Joeys can win this match based on the trial result, but Scots are on a roll and are meeting Joeys already one loss down.
Joeys by 2.

Shore 3rd XV v Kings 3rd XV
In another intriguing match-up, Kings travel to Northbridge for a must win clash against Shore. Both teams have one win and one loss so far, so the loser here is likely to be out of premiership contention in the 7 round comp, and the winner stays alive in the premiership race. Shore played well in their one-point loss to Joeys while Kings had a big win over High in Round 2, so it’s extremely hard to compare their form. While it appears that Kings have rebounded well from their initial loss to Scots, I am tipping Shore with home ground advantage at Northbridge and vocal Shore support. It should be a really close match regardless.
Shore by 2.

TAS 1st XV v Grammar 1st XV
The undefeated Grammar side travels to Armidale for this highly anticipated annual clash with TAS. I have not had the opportunity to see TAS play this year, but they have endured recent losses to Riverview and Scots. Grammar on the other hand have had two very good wins over Joeys and Riverview to lead the competition. One can only assume that the trend will continue and a win for Grammar is anticipated. Of course, it would be great if TAS could challenge the competition front runners at home.
Grammar by 10.

High 1st XV v Riverview 3rd XV
High are still looking for that elusive first win, following some solid results early in the season, but it doesn’t get any easier for them here. Riverview travel to Centennial Park for this match and look like they are favourites after their very close loss to Grammar at Leichhardt Oval. A win to Riverview keeps them well and truly in the race to retain the Col Windon Shield that they shared with Kings last year. High would be expected to lift at home, as their resurgence continues, but Riverview will be hard to beat.
Riverview by 10

Good luck to all players in this critical round before the holiday break.
INP

Just a reminder that only 2 of these games will be available on Cluch due to TAS and High declining live footage for the 2023 season.

Tomorrow could those at the games of TAS v Grammar OR High v Riverview 3rds post the halftime and fulltime scores here.

Cheers

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
05946ED9-624B-44A9-AC94-922211B5743D.jpeg
35EB3115-7298-48E1-BA3C-98E0C7673AF3.jpeg
5EB89882-D043-45AE-95F4-D7D97DB1E8E1.jpeg

I see Noble is still out. Big loss for this team he’s a great player. Change at 12 as well. I believe it’s the 2nds 10 at 12 now. He’s played really well for the View 2nds so he’ll do a good job I think.

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just a reminder that only 2 of these games will be available on Cluch due to TAS and High declining live footage for the 2023 season.
Might be a bit late but anyone know the reason for this? Doesn’t make much sense to me, would be feeling pretty sore about it if I was a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.