• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thinking ahead to '24 already. Think Kings and View as top teams this year are very year 12 heavy, interested to see where the year 11's are moreso than the 16's - some of whom go straight to firsts but not that many generally. Scots and New have a fair few year 11's in 1's already, albeit a lot of backs - they need to get the pill still. I know Joey's class of '24 age group started off slowly but have built some nice depth recently and will have a platform from this year. Shore still a little inconsistent, especially on depth, but still have some outstanding individual talent. Scots on paper look the team to beat but they've got to a) get on the paddock, and b) get some form of parity in the forwards (their potential Achilles heel). If they do their backs will wrack up cricket scores. I also like the New potential in the backs but may not have the depth in the forwards. View next year is an unknown for me, weren't great at the age group level but Opens squad has gone well this year.

Back to '23 - interested to see who runs out for Kings this weekend. May be a few key injuries which could play to New's strengths. An upset would make for a fascinating last three rounds.
Scots have 12 current 1stXV players returning for 2024 season.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Backintheoldday

As I've previously said a few times, View have had an eye on next year and have kept a bulk of yr11 in 16's. Not to say they have not done well this year and may still fight for a premership yet, however I think they are building a good base for 2024. Forwards will be strong and backs will be their usual quick and skillful. Scots will be the favs however as we have seen 10 rounds is a game of attrition.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Fun to speculate but rarely proves accurate as a whole. View were largely written off as filler this year as well as Shore and it’s turned out anyone can beat anyone (Kings holding true to expectations)

A lot in here thought Newington would be up their to lift a shield but now we hear they have turned to Chess to turn it around.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Backintheoldday
... a game of attrition.

eo-2249.jpg

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
Best thing for the comp is for New to stick it to Kings. A few changes with injuries with both their 12 and 15 out. Put them under pressure. Come on New give them hell!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Fun to speculate but rarely proves accurate as a whole. View were largely written off as filler this year as well as Shore and it’s turned out anyone can beat anyone (Kings holding true to expectations)

A lot in here thought Newington would be up their to lift a shield but now we hear they have turned to Chess to turn it around.
My kind of chess....yep, this real.....

Two combatants play alternating rounds of blitz chess and boxing until one wins by checkmate or knockout. It is also possible to win by time penalty as in normal chess, and by boxing decision if there is a draw in the chess round.

Typically, events are held in a standard boxing ring using standard amateur boxing equipment and rules. The chess round is also played in the ring with the table, board, and seating being moved in and out of the ring for each round.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Best thing for the comp is for New to stick it to Kings. A few changes with injuries with both their 12 and 15 out. Put them under pressure. Come on New give them hell!
I’d love to watch New throw it side to side and see what happens. I don’t think you can decide to try and win 15/12. Have a crack and put the pressure on them.

EyesUpFooty

Frank Row (1)
I'm excited to see how Shore perform coming off a loss as the favourites against Auggies, especially against a fairly dominant side such as SJHH.
Personally i haven't had a chance to see the Joeys or Shore lineup, so i am unsure whether either team is at full strength for this weeks matchup. Assuming Shore is the same as last week i predict they will have a cracking game to prove themselves within the comp and come off the field with a runaway win, any thoughts?

Kind Regards,
EyesUpFooty

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Backintheoldday

As I've previously said a few times, View have had an eye on next year and have kept a bulk of yr11 in 16's. Not to say they have not done well this year and may still fight for a premership yet, however I think they are building a good base for 2024. Forwards will be strong and backs will be their usual quick and skillful. Scots will be the favs however as we have seen 10 rounds is a game of attrition.
Cheers, like others have said probably too early for speculation. I am interested to see how many year 11's are carrying through from Open's squads (i's - 3's) this year out of interest. eg Scots look to have a lot backing up next year, Kings probably <10 across top three grades. Generally year 11's wouldn't be in the 16's unless young. The View class of '24 hasn't performed that well in earlier age groups but that's not much of a barometer for Open's.

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
Welcome back

Hope all have enjoyed the break and the 100's of schoolboy alphabet rep games.
This term will be quick but tipping will be tougher with plenty of injured players returning.
Round 10 will be huge! Anyway in the meantime.

TIPS....here we go again.

View attachment 16851
Sorry for the late tips J has been a busy week.
Good to get back into it and keen to watch some good schoolboy footy again!
Joeys+4
Kings+6
View+4

FRIDAY.....GET THOSE TIPS IN PLEASE!

For the remainder of the season I will not be sending reminder messages as I did last term. My new work does not allow me the time to complete such tasks so if you forget you are given the away team. Mind you, this season anything is possible. It is just the margins you miss out on.

View attachment 16910

With four rounds to go the tipping competition is close, very close with early runaway leader @rugbyAU being now only a fraction ahead of a chasing pack headed by @marlins merchant, @dusk and @Aagpsglory. If you are out of it, be bold and try your luck. Who knows, draws can happen, Newington may win at the cow yard and with the Storm troopers playing the Swamp Monsters at the Death Star in a competition for the most pretentious display of wealth and privilege, who knows what handbags will come out on top? I can imagine the car park right now.

View attachment 16911
Evening @Joker

Joeys +5
Kings +8
View +7

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
D

A compulsory attendance for the Kings boys tomorrow should hopefully get them over the line in the Opens with their vocals.

A reminder there will be no Cluch coverage of the 3rds v TAS 1sts from 1pm (same decision for SBH 1sts v Joeys 3rds)
Kings 4th v New 3rds 10am
Kings 5ths v TAS 2nds 12noon

Should be a sunny day in Parramatta with a top of 18 deg.
Hoping the Black and White supporters are in attendance as we tick down to the end of the season.

Last edited:
I'm excited to see how Shore perform coming off a loss as the favourites against Auggies, especially against a fairly dominant side such as SJHH.
Personally i haven't had a chance to see the Joeys or Shore lineup, so i am unsure whether either team is at full strength for this weeks matchup. Assuming Shore is the same as last week i predict they will have a cracking game to prove themselves within the comp and come off the field with a runaway win, any thoughts?

Kind Regards,
EyesUpFooty
I wouldn’t read too much into the loss to Auggies, was very much used as a training run and took a few key players off at half time incl LeM and Klem which let Auggies back in who kept their first choice team on

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots GPS teams, Aidan Gow is out, another huge blow for Scots. Conor Press is also out which isn't good for them either. Blake Steep will replace the injured Mateus Heslin in the flankers instead of the backs. (Pretty sure he would of played backs if Heslin wasn't out.) And Hunter Ryan dropped for the young Geoff Hughes.
not great to see Gow out, excited to see what steepey can do.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Scots GPS teams, Aidan Gow is out, another huge blow for Scots. Conor Press is also out which isn't good for them either. Blake Steep will replace the injured Mateus Heslin in the flankers instead of the backs. (Pretty sure he would have played backs if Heslin wasn't out.) And Hunter Ryan dropped for the young Geoff Hughes.
In fairness conor would have possibly been in seconds allot of boys back which is good news

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
D

A compulsory attendance for the Kings boys tomorrow should hopefully get them over the line in the Opens with their vocals.

A reminder there will be no Cluch coverage of the 3rds v TAS 1sts from 1pm (same decision for SBH 1sts v Joeys 3rds)
Kings 4th v New 3rds 10am
Kings 5ths v TAS 2nds 12noon

Should be a sunny day in Parramatta with a top of 18 deg.
Hoping the Black and White supporters are in attendance as we tick down to the end of the season.
Don't want to start anything but I think it should be known that when it was compulsory attendance against Scots, a Kings Prefect was telling my son that 60% of the students made excuses and got out of it. And it was surprising that Scots had more people there than Kings both times when Kings were home.

Also thought I'd take the time to note that Max Laverty (u16s) is playing for Scots 2s. Should be a great opportunity for the fella to show what he is.

Excited to see the games today of what is a truly important round of Schoolboy footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.