• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAGPSSUPPORTER

Frank Nicholson (4)
What does TSC need to do to improve, get some sort of consistency?

Is it fitness, is it lack of structure,? They just don't seem to be enjoying playing rugby. Such a talented group of players who find themselves lacking in attack. They find themselves with the second worst for and against only just in front of Shore. Is it time to plan for the future and look to "blood" some boys for next year?

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)

Is it fitness, is it lack of structure,? They just don't seem to be enjoying playing rugby. Such a talented group of players who find themselves lacking in attack. They find themselves with the second worst for and against only just in front of Shore. Is it time to plan for the future and look to "blood" some boys for next year?
Most of the Scots backline cohort is year 11 so I doubt they will blood new players.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)

Got to win up front before the pretty boys show their stuff.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)

Need to improve ball security, such a talented team but we couldn't hold the ball for long and needed some more intensity in defense, needs to be a cohesive and aggressive defensive effort so that we can defend less and have more time to utilize our attacking weapons in try-scoring situations. If we're able to be dominant in the forwards our backs will thrive. I need to see them play a bit more to fully understand what's happening with the team. From what I saw, Toby Brial was Scots standout player and Joe Dillon was exceptional for view. As usual good old Matty from Riverview approached the boys after the game spreading some great misinformation such as "Did you see Kellaway got red carded in the Wallabies game last night" (there was no Wallabies game that night) and "Did you see that Newington beat kings!". Anyways hopefully the boys can crumble the bridge and get up in the North next Saturday, also excited to see the undefeated Scots 3rds go up against Shore in what is a must-win game for the team.

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
I think other schools are far better drilled. During Brian Smith's era, the junior teams going up had a lack of structure and they were poorly drilled. Schools like View and Joeys are taught all about the game and they play with their mates for a win, week in and week out from 13f to 9XV. They want to win and know the game much better. Hopefully, the new coach can rebuild their program for the years coming.

also excited to see the undefeated Scots 3rds go up against Shore in what is a must-win game for the team.
Got up against View, and Shore upset Grammar, three undefeated teams become one- Scots, nice to see there is at least some sort of success there.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Monday tipping

Nothing says confidence than tipping early on a Monday. Who is willing to tip the Shoremen over the Storm Troopers at Stirlingbridge? Is there an upset of the Wookies over the Cattledogs at the brick pit? And finally, who is brave enough to tip the Parramatta Cows over the wild wolves at the swamp?

Share your thoughts.

1690145818142.png

Whataflanker

Stan Wickham (3)

Proof that talent only gets you so far

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

I don't think it's a lack of fitness I think it has a lot to do with what BITOD says below.
Got to win up front before the pretty boys show their stuff.
They aren't setting a platform to work from. From that point they look flustered and lack cohesion and it relies on an individual to make a play over what you saw from Riverview by creating opportunities through flowing Rugby and support play. In a few of the Scots games I've watched this year they float in and out of games and keep the score close through a few very impressive moments. View kept their foot on the throat and didn't let them get within striking distance. I genuinely think the score is closer than what the game was. Tough first 10 mins 0/0 then the last two Scots tries had a bit of a look about them that View had it sewn up.

Brial needs a running mate in the forwards. He goes from whistle to whistle and generally takes two to bring him down. Get another ball runner immediately after and now you have a broken defence and I'd get the ball to the 12, 15 as quickly as possible.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)

first thing to note is 12 of the starting 1stXV will be back for next year at Scots (allot of year young). View are a very very good team and deserved to win. The problem has been injuries and injuries. Like Joeys its hard to build combinations and continuity when you can train and play with the same group week in week out. Best thing for Scots and any school is keep the same bunch for a few weeks train together and build combinations and take that onto the field.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Need to improve ball security, such a talented team but we couldn't hold the ball for long and needed some more intensity in defense, needs to be a cohesive and aggressive defensive effort so that we can defend less and have more time to utilize our attacking weapons in try-scoring situations. If we're able to be dominant in the forwards our backs will thrive. I need to see them play a bit more to fully understand what's happening with the team. From what I saw, Toby Brial was Scots standout player and Joe Dillon was exceptional for view. As usual good old Matty from Riverview approached the boys after the game spreading some great misinformation such as "Did you see Kellaway got red carded in the Wallabies game last night" (there was no Wallabies game that night) and "Did you see that Newington beat kings!". Anyways hopefully the boys can crumble the bridge and get up in the North next Saturday, also excited to see the undefeated Scots 3rds go up against Shore in what is a must-win game for the team.
Scots will be better for that game. This will be the first time this season the team have trained together and played together two weeks in a row this season due to injuries. Unfortunately, it takes time.

BananaMan

Bob McCowan (2)
Safe to say round 10 will be a grand final for the 2nds comp.

kings vs joeys - winner takes all!
That first game was a cracker with both sides playing great rugby. It looked like Kings had the game wrapped up until a penalty was awarded in the last play and victory was snatched away from them when the Joeys 16 year old fullback Max Palmisani slotted what looked like a 40m kick over the black dot, that kid sure has a boot on him and great under pressure.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Great game by View against Scots. As expected, the forwards did their job and the 9 and 10 controlled the game very well. View's backline outplayed the highly fancied Scots backline and used their smarts to finish well clear. Yes, the Scots backline is mostly yr11 but for all the hype, even the most staunch Scots supporters must feel a little disappointed with the backline's defence and overall loose play at times. It seems individual play over team performance. View are confidant and ready for the big King's challenge at the Swamp.
If View can halt the King's go forward andoutlast them, as King's tend to go in and out of games and fade a little towards the end, then View's backline can match Kings, especailly in game management. As a View supporter, I hope they play well and make a good game of it. Their will be plenty of support for them but I tip with my head and Kings have been unbeaten for a reason.

Newington played well in patches but will suffer not having Ata as their main forward. Joeys are looking to revenge their home loss especially with some players returning.

Shore played ok against Joeys and will gain strength playing at home v Scots. Scots, as mentioned have disappointed this year, and will struggle to beat Shore.

Tips;

Kings by 7
Joeys by 12
Shore by 8

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Scots will be better for that game. This will be the first time this season the team have trained together and played together two weeks in a row this season due to injuries. Unfortunately, it takes time.
Agree, injuries/concussion protocols have taken a massive toll on Scots this year. Not saying they are the best team, it is just simply been higher than in previous years. Also I think the boys have learnt just because people tip you to be favoured doesn't make it so.

The great Mark Kenna would always tell us, a 1st XV with all year 12s will beat a 1st XV with all year 11s, 99 times out of 100. Perfect example was the 1993 Scots 1st XV. Just as big favourites for the 1992 premiership but many of the clarinet players were in year 11 and found out just how hard it was to win. So they left no stone unturned for 1993

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
That first game was a cracker with both sides playing great rugby. It looked like Kings had the game wrapped up until a penalty was awarded in the last play and victory was snatched away from them when the Joeys 16 year old fullback Max Palmisani slotted what looked like a 40m kick over the black dot, that kid sure has a boot on him and great under pressure.
My post from 9th June

Just on this topic, the Kings v Joeys 2nds rematch will be a thriller after a forward pass led to 7 points in Joeys 17-14 win resulting in Kings first loss of the season.

Go to the cluch feed 1hr 50 sec.

BananaMan if you know someone with a Hudl a/c take a look for yourself. Very obvious.
THE HAND OF GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.