• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Bagpipes?

Sound of cats being strangled. I endured years of listening to this bleating "instrument" while teaching.
I understand that the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made sound never equaled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig.
As the late John Field once told me, "The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't seen the joke yet."

Iggy the Moocher was great #FreeIggie and they have Matty
Shore are just glorious lunatics who keep yelling at me. Plus that bloody drum
Kings have a superhero wannabe out front....can someone explain why?
Newington on their day can be good. Why no Tongan drums?? No really, why not?
Joeys....the North Korea of the AAGPS. "We don't need a drum, we don't a drum"

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
I will be there for sure, will look forward to meeting you
1690368375043.png

jack andrews

Stan Wickham (3)
@Game_Day_Ritual your thoughts on the top 10 players in the GPS going into next season. Players to look out for etc
My list of top 10 players to look out for next yr (Very interchangeable)

1. Leo Jacques (S) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 1sts this year. Electric player, big things to come.
2. Toby Brial (S) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 1sts this year. Great ball runner - carrying scots' pack this year.
3. Marshall Le maitre (E) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 2nds this year. Excellent defender, pilferer and runner for his size.
4. Ontoni Large (S) - Extremely fast and skillfull. Will be yr 11 next year as well. Exciting player.
5. Justice Taumepau (J) - Will be U16's next year but has a massive impact of Joeys pack. Extraordinary player for his age.
6. Luca Cleverley (N) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 1sts this year. Good ball carrier and defender, sticking out for New this year.
7. Tom Hartman (I) - Still 2 years young and doing great things for riverview on the wing this year
8. James Warner (E) - Great hooker coming through shore, has GPS 1s potential next yr
9. Issac Fonua (K) - U16 player playing in a world class Kings forward pack. Great player with great fundamentals.
10. Charlie Ulcoq (S) - GPS 3s, Been very good for scots this year.

Honourable Mentions: Gus Grover (I), Arthur Greer (J), Toby Rodwell (N), Tallis Mcewen (N), Fin Bartlett (S). Plenty more good players for next season. Let me know your thoughts.

Will have a crack, obviously a lot changes between now and next season but I’ve been following the 16As closely and can give a decent shout.

1. Ed Cowdery/Charlie Armati (16As)
2. James Warner (1sts)
3. Felix Harvison (3rds)
4. Ed Baxter (1sts)
5. Charlie Galligan (16As)
6. Angus Reardon (2nds)
7. Marshall Le Maitre (1sts)
8. Ethan Hamilton (2nds)
9. Jack Binnie (2nds)
10. Alex Segeart (2nds)
11. Preston Scott (2nds)
12. Henry Conick (1sts)
13. Charlie Francis (16As)
14. Ollie Mackellar (1sts)
15. Lewis Kingdom (2nds)

Had to consult many team lists to pull out all of these names but this is my best shot at a full XV, obviously other boys who could make it and some players moving positions (14 and 13 swapping possibly). Happy to discuss the team with anyone and most likely have forgotten some deserving boys.
Edit: Did not realise 2nds number 8 was in year 11, he will most definitely be in the 1st XV come next year.
Collector.
What about jamo and ollie arnold?

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
My list of top 10 players to look out for next yr (Very interchangeable)

1. Leo Jacques (S) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 1sts this year. Electric player, big things to come.
2. Toby Brial (S) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 1sts this year. Great ball runner - carrying scots' pack this year.
3. Marshall Le maitre (E) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 2nds this year. Excellent defender, pilferer and runner for his size.
4. Ontoni Large (S) - Extremely fast and skillfull. Will be yr 11 next year as well. Exciting player.
5. Justice Taumepau (J) - Will be U16's next year but has a massive impact of Joeys pack. Extraordinary player for his age.
6. Luca Cleverley (N) - Aus 16's last year, Gps 1sts this year. Good ball carrier and defender, sticking out for New this year.
7. Tom Hartman (I) - Still 2 years young and doing great things for riverview on the wing this year
8. James Warner (E) - Great hooker coming through shore, has GPS 1s potential next yr
9. Issac Fonua (K) - U16 player playing in a world class Kings forward pack. Great player with great fundamentals.
10. Charlie Ulcoq (S) - GPS 3s, Been very good for scots this year.

Honourable Mentions: Gus Grover (I), Arthur Greer (J), Toby Rodwell (N), Tallis Mcewen (N), Fin Bartlett (S). Plenty more good players for next season. Let me know your thoughts.
Fitler?

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wednesday Tipping!

View v Kings have been splitting the tipsters. Will the Parramattta Cows be able to run as freely as they are used to on the swamp lands of the wolves lair? Some are tipping the wild ones will be victorious and spoil the perfect record. No team has done 10 from 10 in the competition. Others though are pointing to the star studded bovine who have the ability to turn the game (and its herd) on its hoof.

What's your tip?

Others seem to have Joeys favorites as the full compliment of cattle dogs are back on deck with the heavy artillery now in place. Scots still has friends but Shore has it fans who sense the Death Star is crumbling and they are ripe for the picking after the thermal exhaust port was discovered. Battle at Stirling bridge will be entertaining.

View attachment 16985
Tips:
Kings +5
Joeys +7
Scots +3

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is this a joke?
Said before would love to discuss what would you change? None of these calls are blasphemous all play 1sts or 2nds, except Felix who made Opens Sydney team and the 16As players all made GPS teams? Not sure how the team can be very different, would love to hear your side however.

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
Said before would love to discuss what would you change? None of these calls are blasphemous all play 1sts or 2nds, except Felix who made Opens Sydney team and the 16As players all made GPS teams? Not sure how the team can be very different, would love to hear your side however.
As a fan of the SHORE side, I have been watching closely to in who would be in the first 15 for the 2024 season. The current year 11 year seems to be/ is a very strong and dominate age group, whilst the u16As are coming second in their respective competition. The SHORE men seem to shape up very strong next year, strong enough to win the prestigious title? Only time will tell.
-Professor

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Real question is:

Who has the best Court?

Best basketball court goes to Barker (bit of a change up from our joke of a footy field, the pitch is awful and atmosphere is rubbish, some of the best viewing though) Shore or Knox, will probably say Barker though because I know for a fact it's FIBA certified (meaning they could host the FIBA World Cup there if necessary) and ex-NBA All Star Kyle Korver has practised there before. This could be the same for the other two as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.