• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolverine

Stan Wickham (3)
You're funny. Best field, with daylight not even 2nd, is Joeys. Best viewing is Joeys, Scots, View, Shore and then Kings. If you include Grammar, then Weigall is up there with Joeys as the stands cover the entire field right up on the p
Joeys is clearly the best oval .. from the playing pitch, closeness to the field for viewing and most importantly atmosphere.. 99% of games at joeys have a large crowd because … you guested it .. you’re playing Joeys … so other schools make a effort to show up ..

not knocking kings at all , I always enjoyed playing there, I like the stands and layout .. good hospitality the field is nice (except for the cricket pitch sometime ) .. but.. if it isn’t a full crowd it can feel a little empty..
Bollocks. Best viewing ground by country mile is Iggies. Not saying ground is great but the vantage beats any other ground except maybe Newington which is a piddling version of Riverview.

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Bollocks. Best viewing ground by country mile is Iggies. Not saying ground is great but the vantage beats any other ground except maybe Newington which is a piddling version of Riverview.
So long as you have a good pair of binoculars it’s great viewing rugby at Riverview …..

In fact Riverview is so good to watch rugby ….. they play at Leichhardt Oval …… ???

Last edited:

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys 1st XV vs Newington
  1. Gordon Durie
  2. Charlie O’Kane
  3. James Winters
  4. Joe Mangelsdorf
  5. Arthur Greer
  6. Eamon Doyle
  7. Pat Young
  8. Justice Taumoepeau
  9. Hwi Sharples (c)
  10. Ben Playford
  11. Caleb Murphy
  12. Oscar Jorgensen
  13. Patrick Broe
  14. Ethan Tombs
  15. Ben Chick
COACHES: Greg Thompson / Rob Hahn

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Game_Day_Ritual

When you say "it takes time to build connections and timing ", that's my point about bringing boys up to opens too soon. I know that the young Scots backline are very talented and they will be great next year however if they had played together in lower age group one more year, gained confidance and smashed all the other schools , then they go to opens the connections you are talking about would be stronger and the results may be better. I'm not only talking about Scots but teams in general. 1 or 2 exceptionally talented boys yes, promote them up but not half the team. Obviously tha't's my opinion and there are more ways of skinning a cat and winning a premiership but team chemistry and team confidance is very very important.
As I've asked, what will change next year for Scots if the same players are in the backline ? Yes they would have had a year in opens which is huge experience, but there may be deeper problems.
Playing up in year 11 in the 1stXV is incredibly difficult let alone in year 10. The current Kings 1stXV have been building and building since year 7 for their moment tomorrow if they beat View at View, mission complete. The same can be said for the current Scots year 11, this year is not there year it will be 2024 (Newington will also have a very good team next year and likewise have been building). Playing up a year is very hard but in general it makes you a much better rugby player and generally speaking playing against better older opposition week in and week out will improve anyone rugby. Let's see where the season ends, let the dust settle and then hopefully injuries won't be an issue next year. From what we have learnt this year you need a depth of squad 18-22 players to compete as well.
Cooper Guerin?
Cooper Guerin?
Time = Another season lost. A training camp in NZ and as much training as any other GPs school.
In fairness Scots in reality this season was never going to run anymore than mid table.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
FRIDAY is last chance TIPS DAY

With a very active day behind us (mostly from those pesky View laddies) maybe today we shall hear some tips from those who are lurking in the shadow. Again the punters are not sure on the Lane Cove Lunch Club Ladies v the Parramatta Princesses Party Girls match up. Later this morning a more in depth and totally unscientific review shall follow after my 6th cup of coffee.

In the meantime, the Wookies are starting to sharpen with the bookies and some lapsed catholics are starting to lose faith in the cattle dogs revival. Finally, the battle of Stirling Bridge will of course see the annual best of the north vs the excess of the east in a classic match up in handbags, 4WD and latest Italian fashions. Word has it that you can't get a good blow dry today anywhere east of the Kings Cross Tunnel. While the Northprivledge life continues to glide along smugly just like the imported swans that swim inside their indoor pools.

1690498114702.png

Last edited:

Double Badger

Stan Wickham (3)
Someone on this loop said a good yr12 team will always beat a good yr11 team. You can't underestimate that, its essentially a 2 yr turn around with 12 month older kids being replaced by 12 month younger.
I think its going to take a very well coached outfit to roll Scots next year.
On Shore rugby, ever since they put Dave Mason Jones in charge their improvement across the board has been very impressive, not only that but the way the school has got around it.
Can't wait to see the Kings/Riverview clash tomorrow, enjoy the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.