• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overtheball

Stan Wickham (3)
Very surprised by the lack of tips favouring Kings in their match with Riverview. It seems the View men are receiving all the love from from the tipsters.

Yes, their last match up was close. Riverview beat Scots well last week, as did Kings when they played Scots.

Kings look to be the under dog, according to the members here.
Im not in the tipping comp, but I’ll go Kings +12

mr_pilfer

Frank Row (1)
The Scots College 3rd XV has swept through the competition, leaving a trail of defeated opponents in their wake. Their combination of powerful forward play, agile backline moves, and tactical acumen has been a force to reckon with. The team's consistency and adaptability have allowed them to triumph over various playing styles and strategies employed by rival schools. The Scots College 3rd XV comprises a group of dedicated and talented young players who have showcased remarkable prowess throughout the season. Mark Nikas with his charisma and determination, motivates his teammates to give their best on the field. His rapid pace and ability to read the game have made him a standout player, weaving through the defence with mesmerising sidesteps, leaving opponents grasping at thin air. In the world of rugby, a reliable kicker and precise passer can make all the difference, and in The Scots College 3rd XV, that role is expertly filled by Ned Mcarney. Known for his serious boot, Mcarney has been instrumental in converting crucial penalties and scoring points from challenging positions on the field. Additionally, his impeccable passing accuracy has been the catalyst for numerous try-scoring opportunities. Archie Dunstan's reputation as the quickest player in the GPS is well-deserved. Throughout the season, he has consistently outpaced defenders, leaving them in his dust during open-field runs. His rapid acceleration and ability to change direction effortlessly have made him a formidable force on the wing, and he has become a player that rival teams fear when he's in possession of the ball.

Cheers, Mr Pilfer.

SimonPhillips

Bob McCowan (2)
As someone who worked within the halls of Scots College for 14 years I have an insight. I feel it may come down to culture.

i believe that there is an air of predestination that wafts across Bellevue Hill. Personally I have seen plenty of outstanding Scots players in my years but I feel work ethic to push past the AAGPS powerhouses was not as good as it should be. When it comes down to a tight situation it is determined not by who’s daddy has the biggest house in Whistler or what trust fund you will inherit but down to the amount of pain and sweat you gave to get here. Short cuts do not always work. Scots should have won premierships when I was but I felt it was the culture of “turning up is good enough” that denied them success. Schools with half the resources and access to the latest scientific medical advances beat the Lions with simple heart (and time clocks).

I continue to enjoy many Scots friendships since leaving and my thoughts above are shared by other old school staff.

Best wishes to the Rampant Lions this weekend.
Are you trying to make the thread laugh?

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
The year 12 View boys must have something to occupy them during RE lessons.

Not long to go now Joker until the bell rings for end of day. God there's been some dribble in the last 48 hours.

You'd be pretty happy heading to Stanmore to taste their legionary barbecue located beside the Buchanan Pavilion.

Get there early, parking is a nightmare.

As an old boy the talk of going Co-ed is crazy with the already limited space. Interesting that it seems no girls-only schools want to go co-ed.

Last edited:
Not long to go now Joker until the bell rings for end of day. God there's been some dribble in the last 48 hours.

You'd be pretty happy heading to Stanmore to taste their legionary barbecue located beside the Buchanan Pavilion.

As an old boy the talk of going Co-ed is crazy with the already limited space. Interesting that it seems no girls-only schools want to go co-ed.
they still post at night time

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Rudderless

I'm no New old boy but isn't the pavilion you mention called the Glasson Pavilion ?
Anyway, hopefullu Co-ed is a long way off. Won't help New's rugby program and it needs all the help it can get by the looks of the junior results.

Rugby Enthusiast Mat

Stan Wickham (3)
smaller figure? anything is possible in rugby: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheslin_Kolbe
I understand the attituded of rugby that anyone of any size can play the game and dominate as seen in Riverview 7 Benji Noble but in certain instance it does not apply. My nephfew has a genetic disorder with his knees that have affected his growth plates limiting his hight to only 4ft 9. so in this instance I think he is not suited for such a heavy contact game.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Not long to go now Joker until the bell rings for end of day.

God there's been some dribble in the last 48 hours.

Been a tough 48 hours but in among the dribble there have been some great comments. They may be students but never under estimate their ability to analyse their rugby. I don’t mind the students posts. Sometimes there are a few nuggets of gold in there which us spectators cannot see.

bbQ. Straight there on arrival. They do an excellent one so looking forward to it. No pies but this makes up quite nicely.

cO-ED. Leave that for another thread or forum. Discussion of this can turn ugly very quickly and get away for why we are here. Sure we talk about fields, stands, pies but better to leave this alone unless you want a visit from our friend.

Cyclopath 1.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.