• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxsports reporting "Jesse Mclean is an outside chance of making an NRL debut" for the Panthers.

Does show the standard of the comp that boys are playing to a such a level. Max J being fantastic for the Tahs and the performance of many in the U20s just gone who are only 1-2 years out.
Lessssss go! Go new! newington are producing some very talented young players. Jesse is still 18 and should still be in school as he was young for his year. Still lots more talented kids coming through at the moment. Hemasi makasini, casey maclean( jesses brother), matt humphries, Toby rodwell, callum grantham, cormac mooney just to name a few. Really good to see. Go New!!

RugbyHead213

Frank Row (1)
Could be good. I think it's on Stan or Kayo but the series following Nudgee is a pretty good watch from a couple of years ago.

Edit: Called 'The Season' can find it on https://www.rugbypass.com/video/ if anyone is interested. 10 seasons of it now with Nudgee, Brisbane Boys College, Hamilton Boys High, Patricks College and Milford College involved.
Great production...did hear that it costed 250k which is quite crazy when you put it into perspective. Not sure what bag this kid is gonna get out of it, considering he is still in Y12, I'd assume not 250k ;)

If anyone has any links to his videos please do send. I can't remember his name which doesn't help.

Thanks, Rugby Head

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Andrew Latham

Many have said that New have and are producing very talented individuals which you have mentioned and even in the last 5-10 years. They have had some success from 2010 however have fallen away in the last couple of years ( last year the team played well but were beaten by a very very good Joeys team ). The usual question arises with New : With the talent you mention, Why do they struggle year to year ? From a passionate New supporter that you are, would like your opinion.

Joker

Since you've commented on the 2018 video, I guess we can all have a crack.
The View winger MAY have been "unintentionally"bumped/shoved, however an adult Old boy doing that is NOT good either way you look at it. This behavior ( and others in the past ) have ultimately cost View boys playing their game against their old foes Joeys at the Swamp and the authorities deem it safer/wiser to play it at Leichardt. How can you go against that judgement if this behaviour has and may happen again ? Even at Leichardt, I recall it was the Joeys Old boys that fell from the stand. Yes it was an accident but it was the Old Joeys boys. He "assumed" it was deliberate. Well the old boy wasn't going to pat him on the back. What do you think the View boy was going to do ? He MAY have thrown a punch and shoved a few of them but it looks like he was well outnumbered and probably a bit scared. Did any punishment fall onto the Joeys Old Boys or was it only on the View Winger who was shoved "accidently" and had to fend for himself ? He reacted "violently". Well I tell you, if it was my son I hope he did react because he should never have been put in that position in the first place and if that View winger got any punishment other than a good talking to, it's a shame on the View teachers.
Young old boys from all schools behave badly. No excuses and they should all be ashamed of themselves in the sober morning. That said, I don’t understand why some want to rehash yet again incidents from 5 years ago. Should we bring up the Scots old boys that tipped beer all over me as a 12 year old in ‘87? The Shore old boy that tripped my son as he ran onto the field this year? What else? There are plenty of examples of young men forgetting their manners, no school holds that infamous trophy on their own.

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Just to add @bullocks the total number of hired security that game was three.

In 2017 the total number of security at Joeys was 12 included mounted and local police from Ryde command.

Again…..I say Joeys old boys were in the wrong. The View winger should not have been put in that position. SJC management wrote to the multiple identified old boys. Some I even taught. The letter contents I am not sure of. I can imagine it was terse and blunt.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
I assume that the love of rugby goes past old school ties in this forum ( my old tie certainly wasn’t a GPS one) but it you want to see a classy individual from the GPS system I suggest the following.
- If you have Clutch Tv go to Sydney colts1’s from Saturday with Eastwood v Syd Uni.
- Joey Fowler with 1 minute to go kick for uni from 10 metres in from the sideline to win the game.
- Successful ( unfortunately ) and no reaction to the Eastwood crowd directly behind him.
Now that is class.
For the old boys who gave the Kings winger racial abuse on the weekend ( who I have known from playing Eastwood reps with my son since he was 10) you should hand back a cheque to your parents because it was a waste of money for your education. He is and always has been a fantastic, humble young bloke.
You exemplify the fact that money can’t buy class

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
100% agree AroundTheAnkle.
Didn't bring it up, but more than happy to put my two cents worth in although don't think it matters because some still don't accept that every school has and will have their old boy problems. Can't "blame" players. That's a cop out.
Move on

Whataflanker

Stan Wickham (3)

In 2017 the total number of security at Joeys was 12 included mounted and local police from Ryde command.

Again…..I say Joeys old boys were in the wrong. The View winger should not have been put in that position. SJC management wrote to the multiple identified old boys. Some I even taught. The letter contents I am not sure of. I can imagine it was terse and blunt.
surely you are joking. how many security would you have had to stop that incident??

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
849198D2-101F-448A-B590-E8BDF2B4B676.jpeg

Boats and Hoes

Bob McCowan (2)
was wondering what was happening on the other side, I was standing on the hill next to the kings fellas and you could actually not hear the mic due to its volume not being the greatest.

Saw some prefects from kings once they realised something was going on they got all the boys to be quiet and still couldn’t hear the microphone. We actually believed it was a minute of silence from where we stood.

Comparing old boys yelling racial abuse and some kings boys talking during a speech which nobody other then those right next to the mic could hear is ridiculous.
To answer this. Barely any monitors were . My son told me that not many monitors show up to the games, which has infuriated some of the boys . It was up to the War Cry Captain to calm the boys down. Pretty hard to do for one person to shut the whole crowd off.

RugbyHead213

Frank Row (1)
Great production...did hear that it costed 250k which is quite crazy when you put it into perspective. Not sure what bag this kid is gonna get out of it, considering he is still in Y12, I'd assume not 250k ;)

If anyone has any links to his videos please do send. I can't remember his name which doesn't help.

Thanks, Rugby Head
No worries, got one of my boys to send me the link...https://www.tiktok.com/@house0fkings?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc if anyone else wanted it

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Did anyone see the fight in the Newington 2nd xv game? Thoughts?
yes and watched it again on replay. There was a lot of niggle from Newington 2's all day. The earlier incident that resulted in a ball boy leaving the field in the medicab came from a very late hit on the Joey's 10 (he was sent flying into the ball boy and was also forced off the field himself). The later incident was a complete over-reaction by the New player to a solid but fair hit from the Joey's winger. The New player came running out of the ruck to attack the Joey's player and that spilled up the hill.

Up and In

Allen Oxlade (6)

Security numbers, never required in the day, is no excuse for that behavior. Disappointing deflection

Lepale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Disappointing show from the Kings boys prior to the 1s game. A Riverview boy was speaking over the microphone about MND and the importance of the charity for the boys. Many Kings students made noise and were screaming at their players to ‘fire’ them up during his speech. Quite disrespectful to the boys who clearly put a lot of effort to raise money for a great cause.

The view old boys may not be the best at times but I don’t think they were the only ones misbehaving that day.
Mate thats a lie that didn't happen at all

Status
Not open for further replies.