• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
This forum lacks results other than 1-3 team. Seems it’s just about those teams in the GPS and the other sides don’t matter? I’d like to see scores for all age groups and win rates for the whole school. I think then we can see a picture of where a school stands?
We do that. Stand by as my stats team has been hampered by schools not sharing results

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys v Riverview. The wash up.

32 games played. View are one of the rare schools that come to matching Joeys 44 teams

Joeys: 26 wins (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 16AEF, 15ABCG, 14ACDEF, 13ABCDE)

Riverview: 5 wins (1, 16BD, 15F, 14B)

Draw: 16C

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Joeys v Riverview. The wash up.

32 games played. View are one of the rare schools that come to matching Joeys 44 teams

Joeys: 26 wins (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 16AEF, 15ABCG, 14ACDEF, 13ABCDE)

Riverview: 5 wins (1, 16BD, 15F, 14B)

Draw: 16C
That’s impressive, as View do that to most other schools through depth in the program.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Joeys with a good day of results (as per regular programming) but I saw a number of games that were very good games especially through the 14s and the View 2nds put in a shift against a very good 2nds outfit from Joeys that could have gone the other way. Could have easily been a 19/12 ledger but a hard day away.

Great result for Shore. Watched game and I’m impressed with what they are putting together. View v Shore will be a good one. View will want the win after playing a shocker in the first round.

Newington, Newington, Newington…. Not bad but it’s more of the same.

Kings with the let down game. Taking nothing away from Scots, that showed why I think they start next year as a no.1 seed.

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)
We discuss rugby NOT make negative discussion of schools.
Be better

“good to see some of the argonahce from the king’s supporters gone”

all the talk from view last two weeks aswell directed at kings.

Seems as if the only time you care joker is if it’s agaisnt ur beloved Joeys, which is disappointing.
Great to see some the arrogance wiped from the Kings supporters. Yes you have won the premieship but a draw and you are all very quiet. Watched back the replay and didn’t see the same dominance from their forward pack. One of their forwards even came off the field in a clean jersey.

View boys played a cracking game today - shame they dont get a chance, I think kings will really struggle to get back to last weeks form

@Joker

comments like this are ok but ? God help us

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
“good to see some of the argonahce from the king’s supporters gone”

all the talk from view last two weeks aswell directed at kings.

Seems as if the only time you care joker is if it’s agaisnt ur beloved Joeys, which is disappointing.

@Joker

comments like this are ok but ? God help us
It has nothing to do with him. He does not moderate the site.
If a post contravenes the rules, report it and we look.
And no, none of us read this thread more than we have to unless things get reported.

TheRugbysmoker185

Allen Oxlade (6)
I had a look at the Shore v New game on Cluch last night. An entertaining game and great to see Shore on the positive side of the ledger after some tough years where they found themselves on the receiving end of plenty of floggings.

New looked like a physically big team. I was very impressed by Shore 7,9,10, and 15. A great result for Shore especially on old boys day. Hopefully everyone behaved but no doubt some sore heads among some old boys this morning.
one player that goes unnoticed every week is Tom Galligan, his work rate is amazing and these are the players shore builds their team around.
smoker over and out

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The Riverview 10 was outstanding yesterday. He doesn't look like a 10 but he sure does a great job organising play.
His Kick, Pass and Run decisions are right every time. Smart footy brain who has a lot of potential in the future.

He reads a game well beyond most school boy 10s. His try in the Gen Blue 2nds v Qld white showed it with a quick tap try to win it. Did the same thing v Scots.

InsiderScoop

Chris McKivat (8)
His Kick, Pass and Run decisions are right every time. Smart footy brain who has a lot of potential in the future.

He reads a game well beyond most school boy 10s. His try in the Gen Blue 2nds v Qld white showed it with a quick tap try to win it. Did the same thing v Scots.
Joe does Extention 2 Math as well. Joe claims he "calculates every move to the nearest decimal point", he rounds down though to account for the wind.

Last edited:

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)

Both he and the kings 10 I think this year have had a great season. Last week view 10 dominate the play in 1st half but to his credit the Kings 10 turned his back line around in the second half. Both have great futures

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Round 6 Report
Well we have a cracking finish coming up to the 3rd XV competition in the final round next Saturday. Scots have already claimed at least joint premiership with their win over High yesterday. They sit two points clear of Grammar who they play next week at Bellevue Hill. If Scots win then they become undefeated Champions for the first time ever. They have shared the 3rd XV premiership in 1948, 1960 and 2014 but have never won it outright. This is their chance. Grammar will not be easily defeated as they demonstrated yesterday in their comprehensive performance against Kings at Rushcutters Bay. Grammar need to win to share the premiership with Scots.
In the Battle of the Catholics, Joeys easily accounted for Riverview at Hunters Hill. Where has this form been all season? And TAS came within two points of upsetting Shore in Armidale. It would have been a very good match to watch.

Grammar 38 d Kings 14
I thought that Grammar would win this but would not have predicted the margin and it really was an excellent performance. Grammar starved Kings of possession in the first half and put on four excellent converted tries to lead 31-0 at the break. Kings bounced back in the second half with two very good tries, but Grammar added another converted try just for good measure to finish 38-14. This was a level of intensity and execution well above what we have seen from Grammar this year. And they will need to repeat it next week if they are to have any chance of sharing the premiership with Scots. Kings host Joeys at Gowan Brae next week to finish their season.

Scots 63 d High 7
As expected, the undefeated Scots team continued their run of wins with a comfortable victory over High at Centennial Park. This was the last game for High this season and they finish 2023 without a win, however it has to be said, much better results than last year. If the High rugby resurgence continues, then we can expect even better things from them in 2024. Scots now turn their attention to the final match of the season against Grammar at Bellevue Hill. They would love to win this and go undefeated for the whole season and it will be a cracker of a game regardless.

Joeys 36 d Riverview 14
Joeys dominated this match at Hunters Hill and it could have been an even greater margin but for a Riverview try on the bell. Didn't someone predict Joeys by 30? Not me. I thought it would be much closer, but from where I sat in the southern end of the open stand, it was a pretty fine performance from Joeys with many highlights. Last year they were undefeated after five rounds and fell at the final two hurdles. This year they started with mixed results but have developed into a much better side at the end of the season. They travel to Kings for their final game next week and Riverview host Shore at Lane Cove to end their season.

Shore 17 d TAS 15
A great shame that most of us did not get to see this match. A very close encounter with only a conversion the difference. TAS clearly saved their best for last and almost upset Shore who defeated Grammar a few weeks ago. TAS have already played High earlier in the year, and so their season is over with just one win. Nevertheless it is great to have TAS in the competition and I hope they can continue the strong tradition next year. Shore really have had a mixed year with some good performances and close losses. They travel to Lane Cove to play Riverview next week in their final match.

It should be a fascinating Round 7 next week to finish the 2023 3rd XV competition.

INP

Last edited:

rugbyfan27

Bob McCowan (2)
Can we get some unsung heroes amongst the top GPS teams. I know a lot of the super stars in each team get mentioned week in week out in team of the week - but would be good to hear those who slide under the radar for the top teams (view, joeys, kings).
RF27

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.