• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
2024 Gen Blue 1s

1. Leon Mason Bunton (Colts)
2. Max Meghar (Colts)
3. Edwin Langi (Colts)
4. Toby Brial (Scots)
5. Zion Poithia (Colts)
6. Sam Niuala (Colts)
7. Marshall Lemiatre (Shore)
8. Ollie Aboud (Waverley)
9. Ed Carter (Riverview)
10. Alex Conti (St Pats)
11. Tom Hartman (Riverview)
12. Max Donohoe (Mosman - Norths - Sydney)
13. Leo Jacques (Scots)
14. Finn Hannon (Joeys)
15. Mitch Woods (St Pats)

HM: Joe Walsh, Charlie Poynton, James Warner, Angus Grover
A fool’s errand trying to pick these teams, more so 12 months early. Some of these nominations are legit, some are for comedy value …. The only thing I am sure of is that this list will be about 50% wrong.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
King’s way to early prediction 2024

backline was very difficult to pick, probably have made a few mistakes.

I have put the 16As current front row and last years 16As front row into the team as I’m not sure either who will be picked.

this group definitely has the potential to upset a few teams, there forward pack will be the key for them.

1. Ben Davenport/ cooper mcglashen
2. sam Camilleri/ Rocco colosimo
3.Hayden lavercombe/ Marcus younes
4. Issac fonua
5.Anton thiel
6. Rhys perret
7. Charlie baker (captain)
8. Will Rodgers
9. Matt smith/ kai Wilson
10. Ben sawyer
11. Talen riasti
12. Louis Fenwick
13. Viliam vunilpou
14. Will Farah/ Hugo Williams
15. Isamu naito

will we see kings be in with a chance to go back to back?

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
or Manly? IDK but it would be good if union could keep this lad engaged.
I agree.

I get the concept by Rugby but we should just pick the best team available and give players the best Rugby experience possible. Looks at Sua'ali'i, will be back back in rugby by the time he’ll be 22. Nobody is signing a kid to a 10 year deal and the amounts most teenagers sign for aren’t a lot of money. We just hear about the outlier ones that are 6 figures. They will be on the market again by the time they’re 21 in most cases and Rugby should be a desirable option.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
King’s way to early prediction 2024

backline was very difficult to pick, probably have made a few mistakes.

I have put the 16As current front row and last years 16As front row into the team as I’m not sure either who will be picked.

this group definitely has the potential to upset a few teams, there forward pack will be the key for them.

1. Ben Davenport/ cooper mcglashen
2. sam Camilleri/ Rocco colosimo
3.Hayden lavercombe/ Marcus younes
4. Issac fonua
5.Anton thiel
6. Rhys perret
7. Charlie baker (captain)
8. Will Rodgers
9. Matt smith/ kai Wilson
10. Ben sawyer
11. Talen riasti
12. Louis Fenwick
13. Viliam vunilpou
14. Will Farah/ Hugo Williams
15. Isamu naito

will we see kings be in with a chance to go back to back?
Will be close to this. Solid forwards but not much punch in that backline. Might see some quality 10 man footy, bring on a wet and muddy winter ‘24!

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
A fool’s errand trying to pick these teams, more so 12 months early. Some of these nominations are legit, some are for comedy value …. The only thing I am sure of is that this list will be about 50% wrong.
Thought Woods was headed to the Swans?

Will be interesting to see if King's fall off next year, considering 14/15 players won't be there. And, more importantly, the most decorated videographer in schoolboy rugby history, House of Kings, has hinted at the possibility of joining the professional rugby scene...a departure that is likely to tarnish the team.

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)
Can’t you lot go and play on Discord or something? Joeys definitely top 3 next year and will push for the premiership. Have built nicely over the years as an age group. No real superstar but a solid team

never said they would be first or last !

said the truth. which is as a age group the year 12s next year were weak, failed to win many games.

however the year 11s next year have been compared to the team of 2022 so you would assume it is dominated by year 11s in the 1st

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
will be majority of year 11s and 10s I’d say.

the year 12 group was very weak, won very few games.
Forwards will be majority year 12 (I reckon 6/2 split), the backline will be 50/50 year 11/12. There won't be any year 10's. Next years 12 group is actually quite strong however the best players are a year young.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
never said they would be first or last !

said the truth. which is as a age group the year 12s next year were weak, failed to win many games.

however the year 11s next year have been compared to the team of 2022 so you would assume it is dominated by year 11s in the 1st
Incorrect. the 16's age group team was completely dominant up until this year when injuries and promotions to opens put a stop to the thrashings. That team's strongest players include a number of young year 11's.