• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Riverview Won in 2021 as well (Even though the season was cancelled its still a win as they went undefeated after versing everyone once).
Also remove sydney grammar, Sydney Boys High, And the Armidale school as none of them compete in the 1st or 2nd XV premiership anymore. Also Riverview should be above Scots and Newigton as they have more 2nd and 3rd prems and the same number of 1st prems.
how many comp games were there in 2021?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Riverview Won in 2021 as well (Even though the season was cancelled its still a win as they went undefeated after versing everyone once).
Also remove sydney grammar, Sydney Boys High, And the Armidale school as none of them compete in the 1st or 2nd XV premiership anymore. Also Riverview should be above Scots and Newigton as they have more 2nd and 3rd prems and the same number of 1st prems.
Or..........you can spend 18 months researching, contacting seven schools, seeking permission to look at the trophies themselves, read 100's of articles from school archives, speak with dozens of people from across the NINE AAGPS schools all the while receiving no help from the AAGPS.

The table was decided based on 1st XV titles like GOLD medals in Olympics and world championhsips. The recent swimming world titles Australia finished on top even though they had won less medals BUT won more GOLD medals.

2021 was declared NO winners by the AAGPS.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
But they still awarded it to Riverview????
1693552491232.png

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Oh here is a fun fact. In the years of the second world war, the competition was still played, results kept but no trophies were awarded.
IF THEY DID though there was an incredible winning streak in the second XV competition.

Joeys would have won/shared 16 2nd XV premierships in a row (1931-1946)

Here are the results from that era. THIS was the hardest to find. Many hours were spent rummaging through documents in old boxes.

1693553036271.png

FUN FACT. Sydney High was surprised they would have shared the 1st XV title in 1943. They had no record of it! It was also the year they would have recorded a shared 1st and 2nd XV premiership. High's best year in rugby?

SBHS 1943 1st XV

1693615336891.png

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah, we can’t claim 21 as much as I’d be confident to back them to have won it.

It’s like the Shore supporters using the coulda, shoulda, woulda for so many games this year.
One fact I did discover was which school has won the most wooden spoons. I have been requested to not reveal it but it would surprise you. The school that came last in wooden spoons? Can you guess?

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
28 August 2023

AAGPS SPORTS UPDATE

The AAGPS Chairman Mr Mark Ticehurst, and Executive Officer Mr Nigel Price, in consultation with the GPS Headmasters’ Standing Committee, wish to provide the following update regarding AAGPS sporting programmes in 2023:

2023 Winter Competitions
Congratulations are extended to the following Premiership winning teams and schools:

Cross Country
Open: Shore
U16: The King’s School
U14: The Scots College

Football
1st XI: St. Joseph’s College
2nd XI: Newington College

Rifle Shooting
1st Grade: Sydney Boys High School
2nd Grade: The King’s School

Rugby
1st XV: The King’s School (Undefeated Premiers)
2nd XV: St. Joseph’s College
3rd XV: The Scots College

Volleyball
1st Grade: Sydney Boys High School (Champions)
2nd Grade: Sydney Boys High School & The Scots College

The AAGPS Athletics season is now underway, and we look forward to the 127th AAGPS Athletics Championships to be held on Saturday 16 September 2023 at Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre. More event information will be made available shortly.

046ballrunner

Peter Burge (5)
View did not win the prem in 2k21, no one did, however It was going to be a 2 way race between them and Joeys, who despite losing in a close game at lane cove had some serious talent including

Whole GPS 1 front row (Barrett, Burns, Roberts)
Joey Fowler
Max Jorgenson

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
1969 is the last outright for Shore. Average one a decade until 2006.

Competitive is where they need to be. I won’t hold my breath on them becoming a juggernaut since it’s never been the case.

The Chairman

Bob Loudon (25)
1969 is the last outright for Shore. Average one a decade until 2006.

Competitive is where they need to be. I won’t hold my breath on them becoming a juggernaut since it’s never been the case.
For me they just dont invest enough into rugby compared to other sports to form a juggernaut. We have seen how dominant they can be in other sports when they invest the time and effort properly however.