• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The good thing is there's a lot of versatility for choice here, but I find that a different application of rugby IQ is needed to be a good 10 or 15 when compared with the other. A lot of 15s increasingly known for their ability to manage and account for the spatial aspects of a field, possible weakpoints etc. Great numbers 10s rather possess that fast and decisive decision making that allows teams to quickly and confidently apply their moves and exploit other weaknesses, whilst yes also having that necessary spatial awareness, but not to that extent.

Ultimately it's down to the coaches, but seeing some great performances from both positions it's important to consider the above in their selection.
Whilst that is true they obviously do share quite a few requirements and roles for instance both 15 and 10 should have good speed and tackling as well as a great understanding and reading of the game and future plays, obviously kicking is also a big part of both positions game.
-Scrum

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)
I believe that Large (S) will most definitely be in the first GPS team next year. Watching him play in the GPS and Schools competition, I could see him playing a 10,12,13 position, he could go anywhere!
-Professor
Yes can definitely see him making 1st gps. A very good talent and can see him making it far in either union or leauge

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone know how Joeys are projected to do next year? You can never count them out but haven’t heard much about them on the forum thus far

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wasn't in his best form for the most part of last season but we know what he can do and he can get into form I think I to wouldn't be suprising for him to be in there.
He was also heavily marked. I saw this by View in both games which opened up space for others to look like they were always making space.
Does anyone know how Joeys are projected to do next year? You can never count them out but haven’t heard much about them on the forum thus far
I’d say it’s safe to predict ‘good’. First time in a while there are probably questions over who will be in certain positions.

propsarespeedy

Ted Thorn (20)
Does anyone have any predictions for next years u16 comp? Should be very competitive, big 3 should be Scots Kings and Joeys in no particular order yet. Scots are going to be HUNGRY after a tough (glengarry affected) season this year, will be great to see that team all back together. Interested to see if anyone goes up to opens. Kings will continue to play their flashy style of footy but IMO need to make more use of their talented pack. Joeys will be good as always, only 2 losses since year 7 and very well drilled cohesive side.

I believe that Large (S) will most definitely be in the first GPS team next year. Watching him play in the GPS and Schools competition, I could see him playing a 10,12,13 position, he could go anywhere!
-Professor
I agree Professor he is a tough man to take down especially with his speed and agility. His flexibility in positions in the backline should give him a very good chance in playing GPS1's this year!
-Scrum

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Late but here is the updated Premiership table.

1693400111160.png

rugby.jpg

Last edited:

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)
Already 30 pages in! keen to see how many we can get to before it gets shut down again in late July. The number i believe is 349. Always remember to keep the chat related and on footy for the 2024 season, plus abiding to the rules of the forum.
-Professor

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
Excited to see Charlie Galligan play this year, brother of Tom Galligan who played 1sts for 2 years running, graduating this year, Charlie will most likely featuring in the Shore 1st Xv, he is outstanding especially in the lineouts specifically remembering the Joeys vs Shore game where he won almost every single lineout for the Shore boys, could be a good call for a GPS team even in year 11.
Collector.