• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Who would people say in their opinion is the best NSW GPS Wallaby?

For me I go to Stirling Mortlock.

I expect a Nick Farr-Jones for a few and Phil Kearns

I think Angus Bell has every chance to end up one of the greatest if he stays fit.
Having played against Matt Burke Joeys 1990 he would be right up there. Bear in mind both Farr-Jones and Kearns never played 1stXV rugby at Newington (it's very hard to believe). Great debate. What about the great Ken Catchpole, 4 years in the Scots 1stXV and captained the wallabies when we could beat the mighty Springboks, in South Africa as well, no mean feat!

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bit off topic from the history books, is there a GPS touch team? If so when do they play, how many players and what would a team look like?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I’ve never heard of one but their might be in the near future with Touch being offered as a sport.

The growth of 7s has seen touch get a lot more attention. Negative for Rugby is the fact Touch is owned by the NRL now. Good sport but a very different game to Rugby Union.

Who would you pick for it?

Dillion would be first picked for me the way he ball plays.

Dillon, Tonga, Farr-Jones, Noble Rodwell, Shore 15 (forgot his name sorry), 13 in the Kings 2nds.

Last edited:

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)
I’ve never heard of one but their might be in the near future with Touch being offered as a sport.

The growth of 7s has seen touch get a lot more attention. Negative for Rugby is the fact Touch is owned by the NRL now. Good sport but a very different game to Rugby Union.

Dillon, Tonga, Farr-Jones, Noble Rodwell, Shore 15 (forgot his name sorry), 13 in the Kings 2nds.
Tom Klem (Shore 15) would be my first pick, could also add a Liam Grover (View 13) or Leo Jeques (Scots 15) all seem to be the untouchable.
-Professor

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Tom Klem (Shore 15) would be my first pick, could also add a Liam Grover (View 13) or Leo Jeques (Scots 15) all seem to be the untouchable.
-Professor
Jacques is a good call. Didn’t say Grover at first because I think he’s better through contact and getting on the outside than avoiding getting touched all together.

RushingRob

Chris McKivat (8)

Would instantly pick Onitoni Large, cannot be tackled. If you watch his highlights playing against kids his age, absolutely remarkable his talent.

I think its very beneficial for the backline to play touch in the off season and there are also quite a few local comps offering it as a social sort of game (Manly Touch Association). Klem, Large, Jeques would be my top 3 picks for sure.
-Scrum

anothernudge

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think its very beneficial for the backline to play touch in the off season and there are also quite a few local comps offering it as a social sort of game (Manly Touch Association). Klem, Large, Jeques would be my top 3 picks for sure.
-Scrum
I may be going mad like Rob but I heard that Scots were offering some sort of off-season touch footy for the backs. Would be very entertaining to see those boys play.

InsiderScoop

Sydney Middleton (9)

We’ll find out at the later end of the year. The u18 Aussie 7s side is picked I’m fairly sure for the world schools champs. Hwi, Jorgo, Klem, Grover, Tonga likely to be amongst the Aus side.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
For a Schools championship does it mean Aus U18s in a way reverts to Aus Schools?

Ekanayake would be the best player available for this as he’s already played for the Men’s 7s but he’s out of school now even though he’ll likely make Aus U18s in the 15s.