• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Its just that Shore offer a lot of Boarding burseries - and a lot of the country kids who are lucky enough to benefit from them happen to be outstanding rugby players.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I really don't understand the big drama.
So, these schools may/may not be providing opportunities for some kids to play at a higher level and potentially get them into rugby.
I don't agree with the argument, "taking a spot from a kid who has been there since Year 7". If that kid was good enough, he'd be in the first XV.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I really don't understand the big drama.
So, these schools may/may not be providing opportunities for some kids to play at a higher level and potentially get them into rugby.
I don't agree with the argument, "taking a spot from a kid who has been there since Year 7". If that kid was good enough, he'd be in the first XV.
past mud slinging on this site means we can't talk about it apprently...
Got a few barbs on the Tahs thread when I asked about the Kurtley Beale saga as well. Was told it wasnt appropriate....

I thought 2023 was meant to be Peak Woke.

Last edited:
Agree. Especially when they look like having a red hot side this year already. It’s unnecessary and a slap in the face for the boys that have been there working their tails off over the years to get a shot at making the 1stXV.

Righto. Enough of this oblique chatter about rugby scholarships and recruiting. The "s" word is officially banned on G&GR, and will be strictly enforced here. Deletions and bans beckon.
While rules are rules - when a rule makes no sense, why have it? This is a serious question? Certain GPS schools are openly indeed brazenly flouting the spirit and intention of the GPS. Why is this not a legitimate question for discussion, provided it is done in a respectful and courteous way?

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
While rules are rules - when a rule makes no sense, why have it? This is a serious question? Certain GPS schools are openly indeed brazenly flouting the spirit and intention of the GPS. Why is this not a legitimate question for discussion, provided it is done in a respectful and courteous way?
Because that conversation always deteriorates into a mudslinging of minors.
Let it go now.

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
Nice to see the early first XV predictions for 2024. What a year it’s going to be. I think one of the best GPS tournaments we are going to see in a while. I know most schools have been training pre season for quite a while. Does anyone have any idea which u16 players will feature in 1st/2nd XV teams this year?

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Nice to see the early first XV predictions for 2024. What a year it’s going to be. I think one of the best GPS tournaments we are going to see in a while. I know most schools have been training pre season for quite a while. Does anyone have any idea which u16 players will feature in 1st/2nd XV teams this year?
I know Hamish Bull is training with the Gold squad for Scots currently, and maybe Ashton Large. (Both 16s)

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyway, what are some 16a predictions?

I think the Joeys team are undefeated apart from losing to Scots once in 13s and 14s.
What else?
16a's will be extremely competitive, past results have seen Joeys win in 13s (View Runners up I believe), 14's Joeys win and Scots runners up and 15's Kings win and Joeys runners up. Not sure how it will go this year, each team has at least one player out which has a good shot of playing opens and a lot of others have 2+ that have potential.

Last edited:

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
It is unlikely any 16's players will be promoted to opens at Joeys this year.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
why do you say that?
It just is, there are few if any that could push for a place in 1's or 2's. There were an unusually large number last year because the U16's cohort was exceptional (there would have been more if not for injury). This years 16's cohort is good but not as dominant and probably not good enough to displace an older player in the same position. Perhaps there will be an exception (like a new arrival or someone who has developed massively) but right now I can't think of any.