• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

TBH, although RMS might be full of it, Shore could very well be 3-0, 3 weeks deep after SIC (A), TKS(H) AND NC(H). Then it's a fairly non-intimidating SJC (early call I know) in Round 4 on the Thursday. Egos and droughts aside, Shore could well prove their cocky supporters right heading into the Scots game in Round 5 (at home). Joeys aren't looking like the juggernaut of old and Newington look decidedly wobbly.
nice to see one person on this bloody forum has their head screwed on right.

baabaa.footy

Frank Row (1)
far too long, doesn't give any team enough time to prepare. Especially with many summer sport athletes who haven't been back at footy yet.
-Professor
Kings seem to have new boys into their back so they may be a contention to joeys. Although joeys haven't lost a game in 2 years will be interesting. Riverview will be strong

iloverugby020

Frank Row (1)
Exiting news for the AAGPS, Inside back Lachlan Cox (Joeys) has been back training from an ongoing calf injury, L.C has had a very unfortunate time with injury through his time playing schoolboy rugby with the college. I have heard from my son he is on track to make his first appearance in the Cerise and Blue. Lets hope the best for Lachlan that he stays healthy as he should push for the triple bar and would be a very good addition to the joeys 1stxv backline in 2024.

iloverugby020 signing out.

harvey

Frank Row (1)
First time poster,
Looking forward to the GPS Rugby season. I am a Newington OB and I like their chances this year. They blooded a few young players last year and I think especially their backline will be one of the best in the comp. I hope they have enough grunt,skill in set pieces and fitness in the forwards to enable their talented backs to showcase their skill. As long as the coaches put them in the right positions, then they'll go well. I think Scots go in as favourites but they seem to not live up to expectations although this year could be different. It's a long season therefore Joeys depth always comes into it and View are a smoky. Not sure about Shore. They have some very good individuals but can they go all the way ? and Kings are on the rebuild after a few very successful years.
My Table :
SCOTS/NEWINGTON
JOEYS
VIEW
KINGS
SHORE

On another matter, and I'm sure this might ruffle a few feathers, if Newington go Co-Ed, many New OB are afraid that this will spell the end of Newington's involvement in the GPS Rugby comp especially in the 1sts,2nds and A teams ( like Grammar and High ) because of the reduced number of players to choose from ( as it is, Soccer and AFL are popular and are eating into the Rugby players). This may happen not immediately but if New are getting beaten by large margins, not competitive and a duty of care to the players needs to be thought of ( like Grammar and High ), then they may be asked to leave the Top grade comp. Could this mean another school will need to fill the void ? If so, I predict St Augustines.

Thoughts

Harvey

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't really see why it would change the 1st XV. Look at Barker.

Might be wrong but isn't it more likely they school will just expand over re distributing the current enrolment? They all want more $. Easiest way is to get more students.

Problem with Auggies is the variability they can have in sides from year to year. Some years they have a 1st XV standard side and others they don't with guys who would struggle to make a 3rds or 4ths. I think Oakhill are a school building a program as a whole with depth.

ScrumAndCoke!

Frank Nicholson (4)
First time poster,
Looking forward to the GPS Rugby season. I am a Newington OB and I like their chances this year. They blooded a few young players last year and I think especially their backline will be one of the best in the comp. I hope they have enough grunt,skill in set pieces and fitness in the forwards to enable their talented backs to showcase their skill. As long as the coaches put them in the right positions, then they'll go well. I think Scots go in as favourites but they seem to not live up to expectations although this year could be different. It's a long season therefore Joeys depth always comes into it and View are a smoky. Not sure about Shore. They have some very good individuals but can they go all the way ? and Kings are on the rebuild after a few very successful years.
My Table :
SCOTS/NEWINGTON
JOEYS
VIEW
KINGS
SHORE

On another matter, and I'm sure this might ruffle a few feathers, if Newington go Co-Ed, many New OB are afraid that this will spell the end of Newington's involvement in the GPS Rugby comp especially in the 1sts,2nds and A teams ( like Grammar and High ) because of the reduced number of players to choose from ( as it is, Soccer and AFL are popular and are eating into the Rugby players). This may happen not immediately but if New are getting beaten by large margins, not competitive and a duty of care to the players needs to be thought of ( like Grammar and High ), then they may be asked to leave the Top grade comp. Could this mean another school will need to fill the void ? If so, I predict St Augustines.

Thoughts

Harvey
Just swap newo and shore and you could be pretty close. Nah nah just joking but seriously newo at 1/2 is a very bold and unpopular decision.
-Scrum

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't really see why it would change the 1st XV. Look at Barker.

Might be wrong but isn't it more likely they school will just expand over re distributing the current enrolment? They all want more $. Easiest way is to get more students.

Problem with Auggies is the variability they can have in sides from year to year. Some years they have a 1st XV standard side and others they don't with guys who would struggle to make a 3rds or 4ths. I think Oakhill are a school building a program as a whole with depth.
If Auggies was admitted to the AAGPS then they wouldn't loose so many students to Barker in year 11 each year. Interestingly, when Auggies was established the school had the ambition of joining the GPS, never say never. There would be a solid fee arbitrage for some northern beaches families.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Everyone assumes New will reduce boys numbers. I have been told they are expanding the campus to accommodate the girls. Additionally what sporting comp will the girls go into? IGSA wont let them in as they have already rejected Barker.
Either way News next premiership could come from the ladies as they have a very strong pool of clubs to draw from and the comps are growing. Pymble has over 100 rugby players this year.

Exiting news for the AAGPS, Inside back Lachlan Cox (Joeys) has been back training from an ongoing calf injury, L.C has had a very unfortunate time with injury through his time playing schoolboy rugby with the college. I have heard from my son he is on track to make his first appearance in the Cerise and Blue. Lets hope the best for Lachlan that he stays healthy as he should push for the triple bar and would be a very good addition to the joeys 1stxv backline in 2024.

Saw this young gun play in the 13s (pre calf injury) absolute phenom is extremely confident with ball in hand fantastic game vision !! even at a young age. Will be interesting to see what he can do with the joeys Side considering there poor season last year he is most defiantly a stand out player in that back line.

-Badger

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)

When was the last time he has played? Friendly with his what i believe is his Father Justin back in the day, remember him as a solid player, hopefully his son Lachlan can be the same!
-Professor

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
When was the last time he has played? Friendly with his what i believe is his Father Justin back in the day, remember him as a solid player, hopefully his son Lachlan can be the same!
-Professor
@Professor62 This kid isnt just any ordinary "solid player".
Fast feat accompanied by a firece fend has seen him in the younger years able to get over the line with ease. I have reason to belive that this was bread by a strong coaching staff in the 13 A's (J.lloyd)(S.fay) that let him develop and grow as a player.
Keen is a understatement to watch what this boy does come trial time.

open to all opinions regarding this matter!

-G and R out