• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Would there be a possibility that Iliyaz Villiamu and Isaiah Sheck will play 1st this year for Newington.Due to Newington lack in forwards and both boys making u15 gen blue and had very strong performances

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)
Would there be a possibility that Iliyaz Villiamu and Isaiah Sheck will play 1st this year for Newington.Due to Newington lack in forwards and both boys making u15 gen blue and had very strong performances
Have heard that no 16s have been training with opens, same case as last year. They tend to bring them up if any injuries.
-Footy haed

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Joeys ... daylight ... View ... rest. Glengary year and not a strong Scots age group
Footyfootyfooty I was making a factual statement, not mudslinging at your Bellevue hill kids. That age group has been at the bottom end of the table since year 7 and they have the compounding factor of Glengary which weakens every Scots 15s sporting team. Hence my summary for the 15s this year, Joeys are a fantastic team, followed by View, then the rest with probably Kings>New>Shore>Scots depending on who has 'joined" since last season.

TheKraken

Bob McCowan (2)
Have heard that no 16s have been training with opens, same case as last year. They tend to bring them up if any injuries.
-Footy haed
Yes footy head, does seem this way...

Makes me wonder why New does this, considering most schools and spectators don't take U16s as a true measure of an age groups talent, as there is typically 1-2 16s boys playing opens at each school.
You'd think their main priority would be getting the best possible 1s and 2s team... but I suppose we will never know.

-Kraken

Yes footy head, does seem this way...

Makes me wonder why New does this, considering most schools and spectators don't take U16s as a true measure of an age groups talent, as there is typically 1-2 16s boys playing opens at each school.
You'd think their main priority would be getting the best possible 1s and 2s team... but I suppose we will never know.

-Kraken
Yes that's what i was thinking it would really benefit the talent at Newington

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
I like the idea of a mixed comp, but it would just simply not be fair. I remember someone saying on here recently that last year Newington flogged a top CAS team (forgot the school) but obviously then came dead last in the GPS comp.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I like the idea of a mixed comp, but it would just simply not be fair. I remember someone saying on here recently that last year Newington flogged a top CAS team (forgot the school) but obviously then came dead last in the GPS comp.
Looking for a bite from our friends on the CAS forum? I like it.

I think you'd find schools would put a development team in like they did 20+ years ago. Nice thing to go win but why risk an injury. Eddies built their fearsome reputation by sending the 1st XV and beating Kings 16As. When they started playing 1st XVs in trials they started getting belted more often than not. Don't see them much anymore.....

I like the idea of pushing the Waratah shield for Rugbies sake. Need to give the CHS, CCC, Country and the like an avenue for exposure and we would see better rep sides picked that might be a bit more of a game for the bigger associations.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Barker, Cranbrook, Newington, Oakhill a good start for a co-ed girls comp.
Also think a few Catholic co-eds like St Gregory's
speaking of Barker girls and the development of co-ed schools rugby. Future Wallaroos captain Piper Duck in the team..

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
@Professor62 This kid isnt just any ordinary "solid player".
Fast feat accompanied by a firece fend has seen him in the younger years able to get over the line with ease. I have reason to belive that this was bread by a strong coaching staff in the 13 A's (J.lloyd)(S.fay) that let him develop and grow as a player.
Keen is a understatement to watch what this boy does come trial time.

open to all opinions regarding this matter!

-G and R out
Talking about his father.
-Professor

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Looking for a bite from our friends on the CAS forum? I like it.

I think you'd find schools would put a development team in like they did 20+ years ago. Nice thing to go win but why risk an injury. Eddies built their fearsome reputation by sending the 1st XV and beating Kings 16As. When they started playing 1st XVs in trials they started getting belted more often than not. Don't see them much anymore.....

I like the idea of pushing the Waratah shield for Rugbies sake. Need to give the CHS, CCC, Country and the like an avenue for exposure and we would see better rep sides picked that might be a bit more of a game for the bigger associations.
Would love to see a real Waratah Shield return with all schools participating. FA Cup style with soft seeding and the higher ranked schools joining in later rounds to avoid mismatches.
A lot of kids in CCC or CHS schools would love the opportunity for a game against an ISA, CAS or GPS school, even for a hiding.
Expect a few upsets and exposes a broader audience to the game.
Cannot see that ever getting up unfortunately and will be limited to the likes of Randwick Boys and the Sports High Schools.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Would love to see a real Waratah Shield return with all schools participating. FA Cup style with soft seeding and the higher ranked schools joining in later rounds to avoid mismatches.
A lot of kids in CCC or CHS schools would love the opportunity for a game against an ISA, CAS or GPS school, even for a hiding.
Expect a few upsets and exposes a broader audience to the game.
Cannot see that ever getting up unfortunately and will be limited to the likes of Randwick Boys and the Sports High Schools.
Make it part of the GPS 3rd XV comp, would even it out a bit, get Grammar and High more interested, plus plenty of ISA etc like Kinross.

Hey Gents,

The 2024 AAGPS 16's competition is looking very competitive this year. Here are some of the up and coming prospects from TKS.

1. Barnaby Munro
An electric halfback from the country, Bingara. He has played multiple games in the kings 15c teams but feels as if he has been stitched up for not being selected in the under 15 gen blue side for 2023. He is going for the 16a's this season, authough the 2023 15as were a very successful team after defeating joeys in the final game to go undefeated, he believes he can triumph over the current halfback and take the spot back ultimately bringing glory home to the sky blue and white by winning the 16a prem

2. Hugh Masters
Another freak from the Country, this time Aubrey. Another prospect from The Kings School 15cs but runs the ball like prime bernard foley. Masters is a versatile player, named as the 15c's joint 'Biff' captain alongside Gus Collins. Hugh has been electryfying for the Kings school in 2023 scoring a triple in every game.

LOOK OUT FOR THESE BOYS IN THE 2024 SEASON

Thanks,
footy.com.au