• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

johnredman

Bob McCowan (2)
Got a bit of information from my nephews mates at Joeys, this is coming from a Shore old boy so he may have been pulling my leg for some of these picks. This is shaping up to be the round one team.

1. Foster (3rds)
2. Ghattas (16A)
3. Negline (3rds)
4. Green (16A)
5. Greer (1sts)
6. Massey (Inj)
7. Logan (1sts)
8. Justice (1sts)
9. Brown/Cornish (3rds/4ths)
10. Fowler (1st/2nds)
11. Sleeman (2nds)
12. Gough (2nds)
13. Hart (2nds)
14. Minto (2nds)
15. Tombs (1sts)

Injured:
Prior - Arm (16A)
Cusack - Possible groin tear (3rds/Inj)

Few new additions:
1. Foster, Hearing out of Joeys camp that they call this bloke "fozzy bear." He's and absolute animal who will be 'the saviour of Joeys rugby'.
3. Negline, Could be in for a big year for the Joeys first 15 if his academics don't get in the way.
6. Massey, Heard he's a freak. Think he's a Gordon representative and a great player on his day.
Tombs had a great season last year for Joeys but I wouldn't rule out Jack Barclay to take his spot #15 this year. Heard he's had a big offseason and would back him to play out the back over Tombs as he's dangerous in open space

The TAIPAN

Banned
Why do you think Kings will go so well?

-Footyhead

I believe Kings Will do well because of the pure depth of the younger boys in Kings. With Kings Taking the 15a's premiership undefeated Talon Risati, Hasani Bloomfield, Rennas Oncu, Toby Davies, Connor Durbidge all in top shape. And also the recent success of the UK and France Rugby tour. It is looking good for Kings Rugby In my opinion.

- Regards, FootyHead

From The Taipan

Backs ball

Frank Row (1)
Tombs had a great season last year for Joeys but I wouldn't rule out Jack Barclay to take his spot #15 this year. Heard he's had a big offseason and would back him to play out the back over Tombs as he's dangerous in open space
Tombs did have a cracker of a season last year, will be interesting to see how the joeys backline plays out. Sounds like a bit of movement with tombs been mentioned at 15 instead of 13 as well as minto in the centres/wing

lineoutlion

Bob McCowan (2)
Tombs did have a cracker of a season last year, will be interesting to see how the joeys backline plays out. Sounds like a bit of movement with tombs been mentioned at 15 instead of 13 as well as minto in the centres/wing
where is palmisani in this conversation, thought he was a rockstar for the 2nd XV last year with some clutch moments. I believe both minto and tombs will feature in the joeys 1XV, but dont rule out plamisani.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
@Joker ban this account, he is obviously taking the mickey. Green and Gold isn't the place for this behavior.

On a brighter note, does anyone have any predicted AAGPS 1st XV teams. I will have a go first, a lot of Scots boys as you can tell. My favourites for the Premiership this year.

1) Hayden Lavercombe (Kings)
2) Oscar Tremlett (Scots)
3) Joel Jacobs (Scots)
4) Isaac Fonua (Kings)
5) Toby Brial (Scots)
6) Luca Cleverly (New)
7) Marshell Le Maitre (Shore)
8) Justice Tameopeau (Joeys)
9) Angus Grover (Veiw)
10) Leo Jaques (Scots)
11) Jay Mckenzie (Scots)
12) Zach Fittler (Scots)
13 Ontini Large (Scots)
14) Tom Hartman (Veiw)
15) Rex Bassingswathe (Shore)

Let me know your thoughts

- THE BEE
The Bee- good team, maybe Jacques would play 15 not 10. Few others to through into the mix may be Greer (J), Ulqou (S) and Bartlett (S). But allot of talent in the team.

123squeeze

Frank Row (1)
Jack Barclay??? As in the first cricketer who couldn't catch a cold??? Put him at 15 against max sopoeno's Torpi bombs and see how that goes.

the one who knocks

Frank Row (1)
@Joker ban this account, he is obviously taking the mickey. Green and Gold isn't the place for this behavior.

On a brighter note, does anyone have any predicted AAGPS 1st XV teams. I will have a go first, a lot of Scots boys as you can tell. My favourites for the Premiership this year.

1) Hayden Lavercombe (Kings)
2) Oscar Tremlett (Scots)
3) Joel Jacobs (Scots)
4) Isaac Fonua (Kings)
5) Toby Brial (Scots)
6) Luca Cleverly (New)
7) Marshell Le Maitre (Shore)
8) Justice Tameopeau (Joeys)
9) Angus Grover (Veiw)
10) Leo Jaques (Scots)
11) Jay Mckenzie (Scots)
12) Zach Fittler (Scots)
13 Ontini Large (Scots)
14) Tom Hartman (Veiw)
15) Rex Bassingswathe (Shore)

Let me know your thoughts

- THE BEE
Knock, Knock

Interesting list, Oscar tremlett? What team was he in last year. Leo jaques is a fullback/wing/13 why is he at 10. I think louis fenwicke from Kings or Connick from Shore could be a good chance to make one of the centre spots aswell as Jonty fowler from joeys at 10. Also interesting with lots of Scots boys, will be a strong team but we could see the emergence of some dark horses amongst the competition.

Does anyone know much about Talen Risati? I've heard he's made many rep teams and is destined to play for the U16 Australian Schoolboys. His talent seems promising, and his track record speaks for itself. It's impressive to see someone so young excel at such a high level. Keep an eye on him; he could be a future star in the making.

Regards,
The Sean

WeloveFooty.com

Frank Row (1)
Knock, Knock

Interesting list, Oscar tremlett? What team was he in last year. Leo jaques is a fullback/wing/13 why is he at 10. I think louis fenwicke from Kings or Connick from Shore could be a good chance to make one of the centre spots aswell as Jonty fowler from joeys at 10. Also interesting with lots of Scots boys, will be a strong team but we could see the emergence of some dark horses amongst the competition.
Connick is a good pick, starting for the u18 Waratahs this week against the reds.

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does anyone know much about Talen Risati? I've heard he's made many rep teams and is destined to play for the U16 Australian Schoolboys. His talent seems promising, and his track record speaks for itself. It's impressive to see someone so young excel at such a high level. Keep an eye on him; he could be a future star in the making.

Regards,
The Sean
Outstanding player and was part of the Oakhill juggernaut in that age group until Kings recruiters started circling.

definitely believe that there is some good returning strength coming to the joeys XV, would like to see Lachie Foster and Jack Barclay really give it a shake.

with that does anyone have much of an idea about joeys highlghts? hope its not made by the joker doing the joeys.bts. looks liked its been filmed off his mums iphone.

did hear through the grape vines that young William Fahey is the stronger camera man but a chance at playing in the open squad, might limit his ability to create a highlight reel?

any ideas??

Phillip

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
I don't know who exactly needs to read this (but it's definitely a bunch of you) but "taking the piss", "not being serious" or "clearly a schoolkid" are not reasons to report posts as being inappropriate.

The rules are here. https://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/welcome-to-g-gr-history-and-rules.7341/
1709189704835.png

Talk about open to interpretation! How many times did thread get shut last year?

The TAIPAN

Banned
I think that there are many players that are eligible for the 1st XV, 2nd XV and 16as that can all easily play elite levels of rugby. Player like Duke Milward, Rennas Oncu, Risati and Bloomfield are also in top shape from year 10. the year 12 cohort is also very strong same with the year 11s such as fanua and sawyer.

@Joker Anyone who made there account today is abviously a troll and needs to be banned as it is becoming a trend to ruin these forums.

- The Taipan

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
Term 2 should be expanded into a new waratah shield knock out comp, with ISA, Sports Highs, CAS, GPS and the likes of RBHS and EBHS. Would be cracker and surely would draw some big crowds.

The old tie elitists can still get their GPS comp.
Would love to see a real Waratah Shield return with all schools participating. FA Cup style with soft seeding and the higher ranked schools joining in later rounds to avoid mismatches.
A lot of kids in CCC or CHS schools would love the opportunity for a game against an ISA, CAS or GPS school, even for a hiding.
Expect a few upsets and exposes a broader audience to the game.
Cannot see that ever getting up unfortunately and will be limited to the likes of Randwick Boys and the Sports High Schools.
I've had many ideas on a similar concept to this. Due to the GPS competition's long history, I don't think that it should be altered drastically or altered at all for that matter. However, what if there was a combined competition before the GPS comp starts or after it finishes, where all of the independent schools were categorised into divisions based on how strong their 1st XV is, I think that it could open doors to more selection opportunities for representative teams and be a clear mechanism to determine the strongest 1st XV in NSW. For example, in the top division, you'd have schools like Joeys, Knox, Waverly, Scots, Barker, etc.. (all of the strongest rugby schools), then in the second division you'd have teams like St Aloysius, Trinity, Cranbrook, Oakhill, St Augustine's (most likely none of the main 6 GPS rugby schools) and many others, then in the third division you'd have schools like Kinross, Sydney Boys High, Grammar, St Stanislaus, TAS, St Pius, all the way to the weakest rugby schools.

If this combined comp would occur after the main season, depending on how each team performs in their respective comps, that could determine which division they're categorised into, or, if it would be before the main season simply base it off on how the team performed the year prior in their main competition (although you'd have to consider the changing talent each year within teams).

This would involve the GPS, CAS, ISA and CCC. I reckon this could be done similar to how the English Premier League and Football system operates with how the bottom teams get relegated and the top teams in the lower divisions get promoted. This could then determine the best school in NSW each year, which they could go on to play the best team in Queensland, in which a trophy and annual fixture could be created.

Let me know your thoughts.

The Maulester