• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Do Riverview students get to keep their student e-mail address once they leave school?
Hi Reg.

As someone who has worked in two AAGPS schools the answer would be no.

Schools generally deactivate student emails after graduation so those who are posting rubbish mostly are at school. As you well know, these rogue students cause issues every year. It would be hard to blanket ban students as I feel those who are follow the rules add great insight. Most of us dinosaurs have only glimpses behind the curtain at their schools.

I wish I could help more than just ignore them.
As I have said before while I am the Prince of darkness my powers are mostly ceremonial

This is the power here.

Cyclopath 1.gif

Gheeza6711

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone know who will be filming the schoolboy games this year for both NSW and QLD GPS because last year i believe it was Cluch but they went bankrupt, I wouldn’t mind seeing Fox Sports or Stan Sports broadcast the games just like Sky Sports does NZ Schoolboy Games.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Hi Reg.

As someone who has worked in two AAGPS schools the answer would be no.

Schools generally deactivate student emails after graduation so those who are posting rubbish mostly are at school. As you well know, these rogue students cause issues every year. It would be hard to blanket ban students as I feel those who are follow the rules add great insight. Most of us dinosaurs have only glimpses behind the curtain at their schools.

I wish I could help more than just ignore them.
As I have said before while I am the Prince of darkness my powers are mostly ceremonial

This is the power here.

View attachment 18613

We had a couple of sons attend 'View as country boarders, our last son left a couple of years ago and I can confirm their emails are deactivated as they leave school. I assume most other GPS Schools have a similar policy?

Schoolboy comments are fine in my opinion, like others; as long as they are constructive, (can be humorous), and respectful

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
We had a couple of sons attend 'View as country boarders, our last son left a couple of years ago and I can confirm their emails are deactivated as they leave school. I assume most other GPS Schools have a similar policy?

Schoolboy comments are fine in my opinion, like others; as long as they are constructive, (can be humorous), and respectful
Agreed.
My son left Kings last year.
Their access to the School Portal and each boy’s email address was shut down at the end of January.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Does anyone know who will be filming the schoolboy games this year for both NSW and QLD GPS because last year i believe it was Cluch but they went bankrupt, I wouldn’t mind seeing Fox Sports or Stan Sports broadcast the games just like Sky Sports does NZ Schoolboy Games.
AAGPS used these guys for the 1st time to broadcast the Head of the River at Penrith.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

This is my approach as moderator.

Confirming Joker is not one. Is been banned more than most to be honest.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
This is my approach as moderator.

Confirming Joker is not one. Is been banned more than most to be honest.
Correct. Have fallen through the ice on occasions over 12 seasons. Comes with the territory when you stick your head above the trench wall.

InsiderScoop

Chris McKivat (8)
This was the team Shore was going to run out with in Canberra

1. Jamisone Lyne
2. James Warner
3. Felix Harvison
4. Ethan Hamilton
5. Ed Baxter
6. Gus Gordon
7. Marshall Lemaitre (C)
8. Angus Reardon
9. Jack Binnie
10. Jai Callaghan
11. Nick Wendt
12. Henry Conick
13. Lewis Kingdom
14. Charlie Francis
15. Alex Segart

Unavailable

Rex Bassingthwaite
Ollie Mackellar

These two will back back shortly

Shaping out to be a strong contender with a strong and big (one of the biggest in the comp) forward pack
Will be interesting to see who plays 10/15 for shore considering Jai Callaghan and Rex B both played 15 for GenBlue.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Term 2

Sat 4th May
Trial 1 Kings v Waverley @ Kings

Sat 11th May
Trial 2 Kings v New @ New

Sat 18th May
AAGPS Rd 1 begins