• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

BOCRuggez

Frank Row (1)
Checking in from Brisbane.
Will GPS games be streamed this year? I've heard that cluch.tv is no longer operating?
Cheers

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
1713350756023.png

This is a labour of love for which I have been running in the past. Normally I start the competition from the first trial game but others think from the 1st comp round. I always include the school rep games which is fun. Would you commit to a full season?

Thoughts? Yes/NO? All games? Comp games?
Let me know.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)

FYI​

TOMORROW, WE WILL PUBLISH THE FIRST IN WHAT WILL BE A SHORT SERIES OF ARTICLES TELLING THE STORY AND DOCUMENTING THE HISTORY OF THE AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS RUGBY UNION, THE AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLBOYS AND NOW ALSO THE AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLGIRLS.​

Tomorrow’s piece is on the 1969 Schoolboy Tour to South Africa, the first ever Australian Schoolboys team and the first ever Australian Schoolboys tour. It will be accompanied by a brief piece by Greg Cornelsen, who was a 16-year-old attending The Armidale School at the time and was selected for the team.

They are a fascinating read.

Over time, we will also include the inside story of a few other key tours, such as the 1973/74 Tour To England, Scotland and Wales, as well as the Australian Championships; Pacific Fiji, Japan, Samoa, Tonga; and the creation of the Australian Schoolgirl Sevens.

In the near future, we will also redesign aspects of the website to include, among other things, a ‘History’ tab, where this and future historical articles, including all official team photos, will live.

We started a video interview process about 18 months ago (which is where the short clip last month with Wally Lewis came from) with a number of our early ASRU teachers and administrators, such as Brother Bob Wallace, Jim Lucey and John Howard, and coaches including the great Geoff Mould. The focus will, of course, be on many of the early players, starting with Ken Wright and the entire 1977 team (only a few more to go), with many more to follow. These interviews will progressively be posted on a new Schools RugbyTV YouTube channel, joining the flash interviews from the Australian Championships.

We are also looking to get some of the old VHS tapes of early matches digitised – at a reasonable price – so we can share them.

These articles and videos are not meant to be Pulitzer or Academy Award winners; they were written and produced by those who were there to capture, preserve, and share our history.

From time to time, we will also be reaching out for photos and memories from you, our readers, who may be able to assist with certain photos or memorabilia, just as Greg Cornelsen did with this article, supplying personal commentary and the news clipping of the day.

As I am sure most of you know, the ASRU, including this website, Facebook, Instagram, TicTok, X, and the PhotoShelter photo archives, is staffed by volunteers only. Not one person at the ASRU is paid, so 100 per cent of funds raised go directly to the Australian Championships, Australian Schoolboys, and Australian Schoolgirl Teams.

This also means we can always use help.

Last edited:

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)

FYI​

TOMORROW, WE WILL PUBLISH THE FIRST IN WHAT WILL BE A SHORT SERIES OF ARTICLES TELLING THE STORY AND DOCUMENTING THE HISTORY OF THE AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS RUGBY UNION, THE AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLBOYS AND NOW ALSO THE AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLGIRLS.​

Tomorrow’s piece is on the 1969 Schoolboy Tour to South Africa, the first ever Australian Schoolboys team and the first ever Australian Schoolboys tour. It will be accompanied by a brief piece by Greg Cornelsen, who was a 16-year-old attending The Armidale School at the time and was selected for the team.

They are a fascinating read.

Over time, we will also include the inside story of a few other key tours, such as the 1973/74 Tour To England, Scotland and Wales, as well as the Australian Championships; Pacific Fiji, Japan, Samoa, Tonga; and the creation of the Australian Schoolgirl Sevens.

In the near future, we will also redesign aspects of the website to include, among other things, a ‘History’ tab, where this and future historical articles, including all official team photos, will live.

We started a video interview process about 18 months ago (which is where the short clip last month with Wally Lewis came from) with a number of our early ASRU teachers and administrators, such as Brother Bob Wallace, Jim Lucey and John Howard, and coaches including the great Geoff Mould. The focus will, of course, be on many of the early players, starting with Ken Wright and the entire 1977 team (only a few more to go), with many more to follow. These interviews will progressively be posted on a new Schools RugbyTV YouTube channel, joining the flash interviews from the Australian Championships.

We are also looking to get some of the old VHS tapes of early matches digitised – at a reasonable price – so we can share them.

These articles and videos are not meant to be Pulitzer or Academy Award winners; they were written and produced by those who were there to capture, preserve, and share our history.

From time to time, we will also be reaching out for photos and memories from you, our readers, who may be able to assist with certain photos or memorabilia, just as Greg Cornelsen did with this article, supplying personal commentary and the news clipping of the day.

As I am sure most of you know, the ASRU, including this website, Facebook, Instagram, TicTok, X, and the PhotoShelter photo archives, is staffed by volunteers only. Not one person at the ASRU is paid, so 100 per cent of funds raised go directly to the Australian Championships, Australian Schoolboys, and Australian Schoolgirl Teams.

This also means we can always use help.
Thanks Rudderless, always appreciate the effort you put in.

Rookie21

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey fellas, first post for me on this years thread. Getting excited for the season ahead. @Joker could you please put me down for the tipping comp this year if entry isn’t closed?

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)

ReeceHodgeOfficial

Stan Wickham (3)
View attachment 18645

This is a labour of love for which I have been running in the past. Normally I start the competition from the first trial game but others think from the 1st comp round. I always include the school rep games which is fun. Would you commit to a full season?

Thoughts? Yes/NO? All games? Comp games?
Let me know.

I vote Comp games and reps.

Still happy if trials are included - I believe it's only three rounds?

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
Per CAS thread (for those that don't read it)
Kings, Newington, Knox three-way trial on Knox 1 this Saturday before the official trials start the following weekend.

1.00pm 2nds Knox v Kings
1.40pm 2nds Newington v Kings
2.20pm 2nds Knox v Newington
3.00pm 1sts Knox v Kings
3.45pm 1sts Newington v Kings
4.30pm 1sts Knox v Newington

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
1714048582190.jpeg

RUGBY LUNCH MC and Panel

We’re thrilled to welcome back the esteemed Australian Wallaroos and NSW Waratahs lock, Sera Naiqama, as our MC for the event. She is such a beam of light ! If anyone came to the lunch in 2022 I’m sure you would agree.

Sera will lead a captivating panel discussion featuring distinguished Old Newingtonians who have proudly represented Australia on the international rugby stage, including:

* Allan Ala'alatoa, the seasoned Tighthead Prop (ON2011), gearing up for his return to the Brumbies in Super Rugby Pacific after overcoming an Achilles injury.

*Angus Bell, the talented Loosehead Prop (ON2018) making a triumphant return to the Newington season launch following his stellar debut in 2023.

* Scott Bowen, the renowned Fly Half (ON1991) actively shaping Australian Rugby’s future as the National Performance Manager for the Australian 7’s teams.