• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Balmain Subbies

Watty Friend (18)
No it's a new thing this year, apparently the coach Anderson has changed it so it's only sung after a win this year. The players are all against it but it's what the coach said. Also schools like Shore only sing it after a win, and I've never heard View or Newington even sing a song after a game.
I think someone needs to have a quiet word with Coach Anderson, Auld Lang Syne is a farewell song and not so much based around victories. Traditionally at Scots in the 90s & 00s, Auld Lang Syne was sung during 2nds and Flower of Scotland was sung during the 1st

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVERVIEW
The invasion of the Jesuits has become

1716199400168.png

The Chairman

Alex Ross (28)
I think someone needs to have a quiet word with Coach Anderson, Auld Lang Syne is a farewell song and not so much based around victories. Traditionally at Scots in the 90s & 00s, Auld Lang Syne was sung during 2nds and Flower of Scotland was sung during the 1st
Bring back Scotland the Brave. So much more bearable to hear a million times.

propsarespeedy

Ted Thorn (20)
remember pretty clearly Scots singing it last year after there draw to Kings…

don’t mind if they sing or don’t but that’s definitely not the complete truth that they sing only after a win. I understand most schools sing no matter what to thank the crowd
Never said it’s always been that way, but this year they’ve started only singing after wins. Not sure if it’ll stay that way or not.

saladsdon'twinscrums

Bob McCowan (2)
It will be interesting to see how the View seconds and thirds improve this week with 4-5 coming back to the firsts this week and 2/3 coming back for the seconds. I believe after some of the View injuries come back they will have to be ones to watch in all 3 GPS competitions. Especially considering there are a lot of players in both the 2s and 3s that could or even should be playing in the team above the one they are currently playing.

SDWS

tight5

Frank Row (1)
Some of my standouts from the livestream that I saw were.

Scots
- Brial, big name meeting expectations.
- Heinz, Big carries but for as much as they could kings 12 shut him down pretty well.
- 15 unknown of his name, was strong under the high ball being a slippery ball runner.

Kings
- Charlie Baker, strong pilfs and runs.
- 12 Fenwicke, strong carries and defence.
- Isaac Fonua, ofcourse had a big impact leading the team around, was definitely one of the best players on the field if not the best.
- Halfback coming off the bench at 9 had a good impact with quick clean ball. Believe his last names wilson.
Agree, shut Heinz and Fonua down, game will be very even. Where's Ontini Large at? King's packs yet to be consistently tested at scrum.