• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
No good, a few Sydney Schools have played them for 50+ wins

Assuming you are responding to the question re TAS – my understanding is they play against GPS 2nds or 3rds – when they played Newington it was 3rds and TAS got up in a really even contest by 2 points? Hardly 50+ - and I’m told a few of the TAS stars were out that week for country carnival or some such.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Moth, I am glad to hear that New 3rd's are now the benchmark for Schoolboy Rugby.
Yep it was hardly a 50+ win, but you might be surprised to know that TAS have also played with the great unwashed of non GPS schools and were beaten by large margins.
BTW an earlier post stated that Joeys played them with 5 players from 1's 2's & 3's and won 47-14.
I am comfortable that Joeys 1's would beat them 50+.

R

Richm8nd

Pat Curtin (16's) who has been playing in the joeys 2s has been moved to the 1s for kay who is now playing inside
after an injury.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
i havent seen joey's play yet this year so im looking forward to the weekend. Can anyone fill me in on their key players and the key match-ups across the park?

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
i havent seen joey's play yet this year so im looking forward to the weekend. Can anyone fill me in on their key players and the key match-ups across the park?
The biggest match-up will be the two number 8's Wells for View and Kovacic for Joeys, also watch the 15 and 13 for Joeys and another factor will be how Deegan the 10 can handle the big View backrow running at him all day.

S

SmarterChild12

The biggest match-up will be the two number 8's Wells for View and Kovacic for Joeys, also watch the 15 and 13 for Joeys and another factor will be how Deegan the 10 can handle the big View backrow running at him all day.

Joeys will need to play the ball away from 8. Wells and 10. Vaux, as these two run the team together close by each other

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
Moth, I am glad to hear that New 3rd's are now the benchmark for Schoolboy Rugby.
Yep it was hardly a 50+ win, but you might be surprised to know that TAS have also played with the great unwashed of non GPS schools and were beaten by large margins.
BTW an earlier post stated that Joeys played them with 5 players from 1's 2's & 3's and won 47-14.
Do you know how many boys go to TAS?
It is a VERY small school with a great rugby tradition.
4 trys against the all blacks at Eden Park for example! RESPECT

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Kovacic has been getting some good wraps so that sounds like a great match-up.

i hope View can get a premiership outright but they have a track record of choking at this stage of the season...

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Joeys will need to play the ball away from 8. Wells and 10. Vaux, as these two run the team together close by each other
I agree, Joeys should try and spread the ball as much as possible, if they try and go through the View pack they will be dominated like they were against Scots. Also they must have quick ball, if the ball is slow at the rucks then Wells and Dempsey will steal alot of ball.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)

WOW - how a mighty big team like Joey's might carve up a little country school - get over it - no doubt any GPS 1st XV might hand TAS a thrashing (SBHS & SGS maybe excepted) - but that's not the point here - these games are about developing players, not some outlet for your frustration – or perhaps you would prefer that TAS not come to Sydney and provide some additional games – more byes – that’s what we need!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Moth,someone asked what they were like and I told them they had some 50+ scores against them. You came over the top with your "hardly a 50+ game" quote indicating my assesment was way out and that they were a competive team.I stated some facts other than one game you quoted.
That is all, no mention of where and who they should play,no criticising anyone.
It's a bit puzzling to understand what point you are trying to make given your 2nd post completely contradicts your initial post.
Anyway moving along back to the topic of the thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.