• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
Shore has had good performances in the past few weeks and could cause an upset against a favoured New side.
--------------
Last year, Shore should win the game in final minute if the conversion was over. Condition - will be the same as last year - wet and muddy so good chance for an upset.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
All the teams have finished training and the young charges are on their way home to the dorm, chateaux or dungeon that they live in....
So teams for this weekend are whom?

Shore vs New ?
Scots vs View ?
Joeys vs Kings ?
Match of the round TKS versus SJC ?
Where should I attend for a days entertainment?

S

Steve McGregor

shore to lose to new. i personally think they will upset them completely. shores centers even though there isnt much to them are outstanding defenders and will conmtain the two from newington with ease to be honest if they aren't intimidated pulver is arguably one of the best 9 in the gps and their foward pack is one to be weary of. each player gives their 100...

and did you say the view backs will struggle? if so how?

they havnt been able to shine at all because of the weather and because they're fowards continously get dominated by the schools they play (joeys, kings). Foward packs need to work tight as a group they are "the engine room" so to say. so why blame it on their backs when key players aren't stepping up or trying to do everything themselves (mitch whitley, harry rorke , dempsey- but hasn't hit form so no impact from him at all) i remember last year view was in the same perdiciment but look what happended...

joeys to beat kings 15-10

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
just on the tepai and milne discussion that they shouldnt be chosen because they MAY choose league when they leave school. Does that mean the GPS have to leave Harry Rorke out of the GPS teams becasue he is contracted to South Sydney Rugby League. I think is totally unfair and especially with a player like rorke who made aussie schools in YEAR 11!!!!!

S

Steve McGregor

harry rorke never played for souths he has been training with the ngs since last year...

while on this conversation how many boys in the gps comp actually play rugby league any clue? names and school please

S

Steve McGregor

and from what i know of tepai was apart of a parramata team so was lussick that didn't even make the top 8 in their comp. milne however played in a roosters team full of queenslanders and was lucky to even hold his spot. who ever said he had an "outstanding" season in sg ball is completly wrong. im pretty certain all boy that play league are form newington. hence why the import!!

H

HarveyColon

well.....the game that's got everyone talking this week is the grammar vs high encounter at centennial park. I'm sure the venue will be awash with selectors: look out for angus bishop, andrew mitchell, antonio penklis in the forwards and daniel gautschi, rhett coleman and karl pratley in the backline. a small but very fast outfit.

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
and from what i know of tepai was apart of a parramata team so was lussick that didn't even make the top 8 in their comp. milne however played in a roosters team full of queenslanders and was lucky to even hold his spot. who ever said he had an "outstanding" season in sg ball is completly wrong. im pretty certain all boy that play league are form newington. hence why the import!!

dear steve mgregor can u please stop being so arrogant in your opinion. I assure u harry rorke and Sam Gerrey Burgess from St Ignatius both played and are signed by South Sydney. so please think before u post so confidently

Bill McLean (32)

I'm the one who said Milne had a great season! How do you know he didnt? This then begs the question; how many SG Ball Roosters games did you go out and see this year? Me? Well I watched 5!

For a start the Roosters have always been notorious for importing Queenslanders at the U/18 level, which is no secret. And let me give you heads up; not all the NSW based players come from Newington. Nevertheless let me again assure you Milne didn't struggle to keep his spot in the team at all!

In fact out of the 9 rounds of SG Ball season Milne was selected in the NSW Rugby League News' 'TEAM OF THE WEEK' no less than 4 times! Let me assure you this not a half bad effort! In addition he was named as the starting centre every week for the entire season; yeah that really tells a story of someone who is trying to hold his spot in a team eh!

You sir need to ascertain your facts before you come into this room and start casting aspersions that someone is under performing. If you're going to make such statements at least try and support them with some factual basis!

Bill McLean (32)
harry rorke never played for souths he has been training with the ngs since last year ... ... ...

dear steve mgregor can u please stop being so arrogant in your opinion. I assure u harry rorke and Sam Gerrey Burgess from St Ignatius both played and are signed by South Sydney. so please think before u post so confidently

GPStyle you are 100% correct!

Steve McGregor, your arrogance is only surpassed by your complete and utter ignorance! Once again you have been caught out supplying incorrect facts!

I like others post on this forum with the expectation that our fellow posters will act with sincerity and honesty, as a consequence can you please refrain from acting like an idiot and do the same!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm the one who said Milne had a great season! How do you know he didnt? This then begs the question; how many SG Ball Roosters games did you go out and see this year? Me? Well I watched 5!

For a start the Roosters have always been notorious for importing Queenslanders at the U/18 level, which is no secret. And let me give you heads up; not all the NSW based players come from Newington. Nevertheless let me again assure you Milne didn't struggle to keep his spot in the team at all!

In fact out of the 9 rounds of SG Ball season Milne was selected in the NSW Rugby League News' 'TEAM OF THE WEEK' no less than 4 times! Let me assure you this not a half bad effort! In addition he was named as the starting centre every week for the entire season; yeah that really tells a story of someone who is trying to hold his spot in a team eh!

You sir need to ascertain your facts before you come into this room and start casting aspersions that someone is under performing. If you're going to make such statements at least try and support them with some factual basis!

Got a link to that please? thanks in advance...

Bill McLean (32)
Got a link to that please? thanks in advance.

Nusadan,

Sorry I have given everyone a bum steer. He only made the 'Team of the Week' three times. I had two copies of the same week. Nevertheless 3 times is still a great effort.

They were for R4 (as published in Vol.5 No.5); R5 (Vol.5 No.6); and R7 (Vol.5 No.8)

I did find a link but it doesn't publish online. I have provided it below:

http://www.rugbyleaguereview.com/magazine.htm

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
GPStyle you are 100% correct!

Steve McGregor, your arrogance is only surpassed by your complete and utter ignorance! Once again you have been caught out supplying incorrect facts!

I like others post on this forum with the expectation that our fellow posters will act with sincerity and honesty, as a consequence can you please refrain from acting like an idiot and do the same!

Can you provide some sort of evidence that these players are signed to SOuth Sydney rugby league?

Status
Not open for further replies.