• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
That's very disappointing!

Joe,

You gotta hate 'Closet' league players! To be honest you should have realised mate, the boys would have had heads like like badly beaten pumpkins when they turned up to school on Mondays ... ... ... lol

Maybe not Rorke as he had been warming the bench for most of the season!

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Joe,

You gotta hate 'Closet' league players! To be honest you should have realised mate, the boys would have had heads like like badly beaten pumpkins when they turned up to school on Mondays . . . lol

Maybe not Rorke as he had been warming the bench for most of the season!
My head is like a badly beaten pumpkin. Do I have to come out of retirement and play league now?
i'm too old for that Sh*t.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
It is, isn't it? What do the selectors do now gentlemen??? Cast the "dual" codies to the wayside and support their own? Is it fair to all the single code players or do you back the bet hedgers?
I know what I would be doing.
Am right alongside you you GC. If there has been ANY investment into the player by either code, the selectors should look at where the player is in the scheme of things and prune or add accordingly. Why should players that are going to defect be given a leg up by their manager saying " oh well you know he IS and Australian schoolboy." just to add to another RL bottom line.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
It is, isn't it? What do the selectors do now gentlemen??? Cast the "dual" codies to the wayside and support their own? Is it fair to all the single code players or do you back the bet hedgers?
I know what I would be doing.

I guess their selection should hinge on whether they have signed up to play for a particular code after school. If they haven't then I think they are fine to play schools...

S

Steve McGregor

For a matter of fact my good friend Arthur Kitinas is a coach for the junior rabbits and I gave him a call to ask about these two boys. Through our chat we established that harry rorke wasn’t a bench warmer at all he played 3 rounds before breaking his hand at training, which left him out of the rest of the season artie said he had alopt of potential just needed to understand the game. Sam gerrey however had a tough time with his preferred position with the 2 centers that were their Aaron gray and Tyrone Phillips (whom both played u18 NSW) were preferred so he was used as a utility playing 2nd row, center, wing and lock through the rounds. He also to was plagued with injury when he was just hitting form. The two however aren’t contracted at all but they are both considered “shoe-ins” for the 20 training squad at the end of gps season is they want to take that path way.

Proof of harry Rorke playing and Sam Gerrey also being moved around only the first 5 round teamlists

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/2012_nswrl_junior_rep_teamLists.php

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
For a matter of fact my good friend Arthur Kitinas is a coach for the junior rabbits and I gave him a call to ask about these two boys. Through our chat we established that harry rorke wasn’t a bench warmer at all he played 3 rounds before breaking his hand at training, which left him out of the rest of the season artie said he had alopt of potential just needed to understand the game. Sam gerrey however had a tough time with his preferred position with the 2 centers that were their Aaron gray and Tyrone Phillips (whom both played u18 NSW) were preferred so he was used as a utility playing 2nd row, center, wing and lock through the rounds. He also to was plagued with injury when he was just hitting form. The two however aren’t contracted at all but they are both considered “shoe-ins” for the 20 training squad at the end of gps season is they want to take that path way.

Proof of harry Rorke playing and Sam Gerrey also being moved around only the first 5 round teamlists

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/2012_nswrl_junior_rep_teamLists.php

Thanks Steve, very interesting. How tall is Harry?

Bill McLean (32)
It is, isn't it? What do the selectors do now gentlemen??? Cast the "dual" codies to the wayside and support their own? ... ... ... ... ... ...

IMO I hope they just pick the best possible team, for there are two evils and the greater of the two is across the ditch in the land which I affectionately call the 'Eastern Australian Islands'!

Bill McLean (32)
harry rorke never played for souths he has been training with the ngs since last year ... ... ...

For a matter of fact my good friend Arthur Kitinas is a coach for the junior rabbits and I gave him a call to ask about these two boys. Through our chat we established that harry rorke wasn’t a bench warmer at all he played 3 rounds before breaking his hand at training, which left him out of the rest of the season ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Steve,

Maybe you should have called your good friend before you recklessly made your first statement (above)!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
IMO I hope they just pick the best possible team, for there are two evils and the greater of the two is across the ditch in the land which I affectionately call the 'Eastern Australian Islands'!

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens to the "dual coders" when the ASRU selects the Oz Schoolboys and Australia A teams. Incidentally both teams are being coached by Queenslanders this year with the deputy coaching positions going to NSW coaches. Coaching, management and selector info can be found at:

http://austschools.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id=190978

Bill McLean (32)
... ... ... ... ... ... Incidentally both teams are being coached by Queenslanders this year ... ... ... ... ... ...

QUEENSLANDERS! Banana benders dont qualify as Australians; surely not!

Ah well Lee Grant and co. might want to update and/or redecorate the 'Bias' thread, because IMO it's going to be given one hell of a workout very soon!

F

Finland Fella

while on this conversation how many boys in the gps comp actually play rugby league any clue? names and school please

To the guys already mentioned, add
Newington's Ben Chahoud and Matt Hood at Cronulla, Alex Vlahos at the Roosters, and the Riverview threequarter Alex Lyons was in the Cronulla Matthews Cup team in 2011. And the fellow someone mentioned a few pages back as impressing at flanker in the Newington 2nds (Lee I think his name is) he was with the Roosters Matthews Cup team a few seasons ago ... bound to be more but my memory has more holes than the SBHS defensive line (148-0 what!).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Just playing for a League team shouldn't disqualify anyone.IMO anyone with a contract should be overlooked.How do they know who has a contract? Don't know, except to say that a few individuals have been reported in the press as having signed,and anyone playing NYC. As I don't believe any club would develop any junior at this level without a contract of some description.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Just playing for a League team shouldn't disqualify anyone.IMO anyone with a contract should be overlooked.How do they know who has a contract? Don't know, except to say that a few individuals have been reported in the press as having signed,and anyone playing NYC. As I don't believe any club would develop any junior at this level without a contract of some description.

While not GPS Fabian Natoli from St Augustines represented in Oz 7s at junior commonwealth games and is currently playing NYC for Manly although I have been told that he isn't under contract with them. He would have to be a very strong chance at NSW Is or IIs

Status
Not open for further replies.