• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
Just got back from bellevue hill to watch the Riverview Scots clash and i'm extremley impressed by the quality these boys showed in this weather.

1sts: Riverview were extremley impressive in the wet today. they seemed to adapt far better than scots who still deiced to spread the ball. standouts: for view 2,4,6,8 and 12. for scots: 2,10,15 score: view 21-15

2nds: Score 21-5 .Riverview are really impressing me as a seconds team they seem to have a lot of depth with quite a domination of scots. Scots played avearage and after watching them last game against shore they just seemed to be off their game today. standouts:for view 4,6,8,10,13 for scots 8,9,10

RUGBYGIRL11

Peter Burge (5)
Newington had good wins against Shore in both 1sts and 2nds. The 2nds won by (approx) 28-10 with Newington coming back from 5-0 down early. New were strong right across the park and dominated all facets of play.
The New 1sts won by 17-13 but it was 3 tries to 1 and New never looked like losing. Indeed, despite scoring a try the Shore boys never looked like scoring a try. Newington were dominant across the park and their defence was frightening, lots of big hits driving the Shore boys back metres at a time. Tepai was out injured so Vlahos moved to the centres and Holey played on the wing and had a blinder.

The Shore 1sts were well drilled and played with discipline and passion. They never gave up and kept plugging away until the death. Full credit to them. They were, however, simply outclassed by a bigger, stronger and faster team.

The News 1sts need to improve their discipline and intensity. They were again on the wrong end of a big penalty count which kept Shore in the game. New didn't seem to get out of 2nd gear for most of the game and there is plenty of improvement left in them.

Based on the games I've seen New play this year against Kings, Scots, Joeys and now Shore this looks like the most even competition in years. Bring on the comp proper !!

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Kings 19 beat Joeys 12. Again Joeys forwards were dominate, especially in the first half, but the backs continued to struggle. Kings just played a smarter game, they kicked well and played effective rugby. Joeys were up 12-5 at half time but Kings fought back in the second half after Murphy came off. Both teams handled the conditions much better than a few weeks ago. In attack Joeys outside backs were fairly strong while for Kings Tourish came into first receiver alot and always found a way through. Joeys bests 1, 7, 14 Kings bests 7, 14,15. With the GPS teams selected tonight i wouldnt be surprised to see Wilde and Jones on the wings and i think Murphy may have won the battle for the 7 jersey. Cant pick a winner between Barclay and Foteki but both had solid games.

M

MDM

Newington had good wins against Shore in both 1sts and 2nds. The 2nds won by (approx) 28-10 with Newington coming back from 5-0 down early. New were strong right across the park and dominated all facets of play.
The New 1sts won by 17-13 but it was 3 tries to 1 and New never looked like losing. Indeed, despite scoring a try the Shore boys never looked like scoring a try. Newington were dominant across the park and their defence was frightening, lots of big hits driving the Shore boys back metres at a time. Tepai was out injured so Vlahos moved to the centres and Holey played on the wing and had a blinder.

The Shore 1sts were well drilled and played with discipline and passion. They never gave up and kept plugging away until the death. Full credit to them. They were, however, simply outclassed by a bigger, stronger and faster team.

The News 1sts need to improve their discipline and intensity. They were again on the wrong end of a big penalty count which kept Shore in the game. New didn't seem to get out of 2nd gear for most of the game and there is plenty of improvement left in them.

Based on the games I've seen New play this year against Kings, Scots, Joeys and now Shore this looks like the most even competition in years. Bring on the comp proper !!

I watched on at Northbridge in anticipation of 2 dominant performances by the Newington 1st and 2nd squads but this did not occur.

I disagree with the above and the somewhat "domination" of Newington, especially in the 2nds game. Although Newington had a big and physical outfit, I believed Shore dominated set piece (especially line-outs scoring 2 tries from drives over the line). Newington scored 3 of their trys against the run of play, mainly due to errors by the Shore team. Full credit to Newington for capitalising on these errors however they defiantly did not dominate "all facets of the game". On another day I believe Shore would be able to get past Newington.

The 1st was a tightly contested game with neither side gaining any real attacking advantage, Newington's size got them over the line in a very intense game. I thought Milne had a great game with the ball in hand, he was very hard to stop and will be picked in a GPS side tonight. For Shore, the fullback Steane Davis looked very fast and mobile, i thought he read the game very well from the back.

All in all, it was a very tight and muddy encounter, I believe both games were arm wrestle's and it will be interesting to see the results when these schools meet again in the GPS season.

footychixbeers

Stan Wickham (3)
GPS Rugby Teams 2012.

Key: Shore (E), Grammar (G), High (H), St Ignatius’ College (I), St Josephs’ College (J), Kings (K), Newington(N), Scots (S)

GPS 1st XV
Oscar Pryor-Lees (N), Ben Carolan (J), Tomas Robertson (J), Harrison Rourke (I), Fergus Lee-Warner (K), Jack Dempsey (I), Tom Murphy (J), Mitchell Whitely (I), Andrew Ferris (K), David Horwitz, (c) (S), Josh Wilde (J), Tanne Milne (N), Lalakai Foketi (K), Harry Jones (K), Andrew Kellaway (S)

GPS 2nd XV
Oliver Barker (I), Tevita Vea (N), Matthew Sandell (J), Declan O’Donahue (J), Callum Buckling (E), Jack McCalman (K), Harry Randall (c) (K), Liam Moylan (K), Angus Pulver (E), Andrew Deegan (J), Alex Vlahos (N), Jack Reddin (I), Sam Barclay (J), Oscar Pople (N), Matthew Hood (N)

GPS 3rd XV
Willie Ahosivi (N), Jackson Fitzpatrick (c) (E), Douglas Streeter (E), Lachlan Cannell (N), Patrick Fishburn (E), George Prassas (N), Xavier May (I), Angus Crichton (S), Tevita Makasini, (J), Corey Tulloch (K), Tom Cleary (J), Sam Gerry-Burgess (I), Steane Davis (E), Will Rayner (S), Max Wyllie (K)

Res
Lachlan Strachan (K), Hosea Fotukava (I), Nathan Kelly (I), Rohan O’Regan (N), James Goldie (J), David Morris (N), Joey Lussick (N), Will Davies (K), Daniel Gautschi (G), Robert Arnold (E)

M

Michelle

the teams are up!!!!!!!!!!!!!the teams are up!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!

jim stewart???
tepai????

H

HarveyColon

josh kay????????
bart rollins??????????
barclay in 2's???????????

very impressed with a strong shore representation.........bout time.......ayyyy someone from grammar made it

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Why is Piggy Robertson at tighthead?
Don't know hughie, but it's probably to get OPL in the team - and I for one will be very interested to see how he goes as a THP, as he is Superman at LHP and probably the biggest certainty for any position for NSW in my eyes until I see the ISA etc. - but as a LHP. And it will be interesting to see if OPL is a real prop, or not, playing in a Ones rep game.

Am not surprised that Barclay missed out on the Ones: he has had good patches but is not a constant threat - not that Foketi was a standout today at Hunters Hill. 12 Stewart must be injured - indeed he limped off against Joeys a few weeks ago. Anybody know the story on Tepai?

That's a strong GPS Ones team with a superb backrow, including 7. Murphy, who was dynamite today, and it's good to see that the selectors looked a bit outside the box. Was surprised about the choice of the scrumhalf and giraffe FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) at lock, but I'll trust the selectors after seeing the rest of the team.

A good win by Kings today. Joeys blew 4 chances by my count, one over the line, but you have to take them in the comp and if you don't in the trials, you have to do something different. They had the same problem against Newington IIRR.

They also tried to play too much rugby in their 22 in those conditions. Once a long pass across the 22 was forward and Kings scored from the scrum. Another time Kings scored from a charge down of a box kick, though it was a forced error.

By contrast Kings played the conditions how they should have been played driven by 10. Tulloch who showed a lot of maturity and good game management. They also took their chances and once they took the lead actually looked like the better team, which they didn't before it.

On most days though their forwards will have to drive better as the Joeys blue heelers were better on the ball and dominant in the scrums. That has to be the best scrummaging front row I have seen at Joeys for years.

PS Harry Randall of Kings was injured and didn't play; so I hope that he is OK for the GPS trial games.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A Crichton (S) in GPS 3 was playing in Under 16 State Cup last weekend. Looks like a good future ahead for this chap.

Does this mean he will be unavailable for NSW Schools U16's?

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
GPS Rugby Teams 2012.

Key: Shore (E), Grammar (G), High (H), St Ignatius’ College (I), St Josephs’ College (J), Kings (K), Newington(N), Scots (S)

GPS 1st XV
Oscar Pryor-Lees (N), Ben Carolan (J), Tomas Robertson (J), Harrison Rourke (I), Fergus Lee-Warner (K), Jack Dempsey (I), Tom Murphy (J), Mitchell Whitely (I), Andrew Ferris (K), David Horwitz, (c) (S), Josh Wilde (J), Tanne Milne (N), Lalakai Foketi (K), Harry Jones (K), Andrew Kellaway (S)

GPS 2nd XV
Oliver Barker (I), Tevita Vea (N), Matthew Sandell (J), Declan O’Donahue (J), Callum Buckling (E), Jack McCalman (K), Harry Randall (c) (K), Liam Moylan (K), Angus Pulver (E), Andrew Deegan (J), Alex Vlahos (N), Jack Reddin (I), Sam Barclay (J), Oscar Pople (N), Matthew Hood (N)

GPS 3rd XV
Willie Ahosivi (N), Jackson Fitzpatrick (c) (E), Douglas Streeter (E), Lachlan Cannell (N), Patrick Fishburn (E), George Prassas (N), Xavier May (I), Angus Crichton (S), Tevita Makasini, (J), Corey Tulloch (K), Tom Cleary (J), Sam Gerry-Burgess (I), Steane Davis (E), Will Rayner (S), Max Wyllie (K)

Res
Lachlan Strachan (K), Hosea Fotukava (I), Nathan Kelly (I), Rohan O’Regan (N), James Goldie (J), David Morris (N), Joey Lussick (N), Will Davies (K), Daniel Gautschi (G), Robert Arnold (E)
no Grammar players in run on teams. Hard to believe.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Is there some macchievellian hold that Newington have amongst the selectors?
The embarrassment that will be shown by playing this kid at LHP will be found out on tuesday. Needs at least 20 more games scrummaging to become at least proficient. Shame selectors and shame to the people that pushed this.

You could be right chewie but talk is cheap - let's see.

I don't mind the odd experiment.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Don't know hughie, but it's probably to get OPL in the team - and I for one will be very interested to see how he goes as a THP, as he is Superman at LHP and probably the biggest certainty for any position for NSW in my eyes until I see the ISA etc. - but as a LHP. And it will be interesting to see if OPL is a real prop - or

PS Harry Randall of Kings was injured and didn't play; so I hope that he is OK for the GPS trial games.
Cannot believe the teams overall LG. Why was Randle not playing today?

I

International Badboy

I was going to say LG I didnt think the 7 today was up to the hype i had been promised of Randle thankfully not him

J

James Wang

Any reports on the Sydney High-Grammar Firsts game? Heard High only lost by a try or so with the 10 quite a stand-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.