• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
While not GPS Fabian Natoli from St Augustines represented in Oz 7s at junior commonwealth games and is currently playing NYC for Manly although I have been told that he isn't under contract with them. He would have to be a very strong chance at NSW Is or IIs
Please refer to SG Ball posting earlier, and tell me this fine young man isn't on contract? Thank you Sir.

Bill McLean (32)
Please refer to SG Ball posting earlier, and tell me this fine young man isn't on contract? Thank you Sir.

Brian,

ILTW is probably on the money here with regard to Natoli not being under contract to Manly as they are notorious for being very tight with money when it comes to their junior. They have a geographical advantage in that respect.

I will confirm this for you all early next week as I am having a meeting with a person would have been there if in fact Natoli had signed! I'll keep you posted.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Brian, while I don't pretend to know much about league contracts unlike some, I do have a son at St Augustines who knows the lad in mention and who has said on more than one occasion that he isn't on contract with Manly. That's good enough for me. Should you wish to refute it then please provide evidence to support your claim.

Bill McLean (32)
Brian, while I don't pretend to know much about league contracts unlike some, I do have a son at St Augustines who knows the lad in mention and who has said on more than one occasion that he isn't on contract with Manly. That's good enough for me. Should you wish to refute it then please provide evidence to support your claim.

I believe Brian is only asking, and hoping it isn't the case that the lad is!

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
My
My mistake, misinterpretted the nature of the response. Sorry Brian as I did say only taking it from what he has told my son.
Sorry guys, just watched Dateline... Scary stuff re EUFA. I am not pointing fingers at F. Natoli, but at the system. What about the coast boys? Young Blake Harrison, Nick Paul, Will Pearsall, Nick Lynn et al? None of these lads are GPS either, but are signed from an early age from within the CCC and CHS. Are they commuting from the Central Coast 4/5 times a week for no fiscal benefit?

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
My
My mistake, misinterpretted the nature of the response. Sorry Brian as I did say only taking it from what he has told my son.
No offence taken Sir. I like this site due to the fact we all have passion for our sport.
Thank you for showing your commitment as well.
Cheers to you too Newbie. (I am worried about you and Rugby Mum though) :)

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I have nothing to refute it at all Rugboy.

S

Steve McGregor

To the guys already mentioned, add
Newington's Ben Chahoud and Matt Hood at Cronulla, Alex Vlahos at the Roosters, and the Riverview threequarter Alex Lyons was in the Cronulla Matthews Cup team in 2011. And the fellow someone mentioned a few pages back as impressing at flanker in the Newington 2nds (Lee I think his name is) he was with the Roosters Matthews Cup team a few seasons ago . bound to be more but my memory has more holes than the SBHS defensive line (148-0 what!).

yes the players you mentioned did play alot of league but how many games did they actually play or start being. i did some research and to my findings alex lyons played 2 games thats it, with a team that didnt make the top 8 in the comp check for yourself.

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/2011_nswrl_junior_rep_teamLists.php

alex vlahos played off the bench for the roosters but was a pretty good impact player, matt hood was outstanding fullback for pretty poor sharks team while chahoud struggled with making the team week in week out. i find it quite funny how all these league players names aren't nearly as big as they are in the gps comp

S

Steve McGregor

Anyways let prepair for this weekend fixtures. pretty poor conditions an i expect many of the forwards to have a dig this trial match. backs may be a bit quite

Bill McLean (32)
... ... ... ... ... ... i find it quite funny how all these league players names aren't nearly as big as they are in the gps comp

They're certainly not big names in league circles. And besides being a great league player doesn't necessarily translate to being the same in rugby!

Rugby requires more vision to be honest!

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Are any of the "League players" actually big in league? Or are they just referred to as league players on this forum as they play both codes?

Bill McLean (32)
Bloody hell! there was no parking as usual at Hunters Hill, all the bloody SUV's take up all the room!

Found a spot eventually, courtesy of the lady in the SUV Volvo who realised that you cant park a car like that in Spot just big enough for ford focus!

Anyway went to the boot, and guess what, no umbrella! Not to worry rain was only light and I'll sit in the stand anyway!

Its now 1.15pm back in my car, #%^*€£> soaked to the gills; stand was chockers; who would have thought; so I stood in the rain and then the downpour!

Can someone please post a report! Was so looking forward to this game!

H

HarveyColon

sydney grammar 2's defeated highs 2's 5 tries to 1 in a glorious muddy encounter at rushcutters bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.