• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
Double dislocation of the ankle so I'm reliably informed by a Shore 1stXV parent.
Not quite as bad as the ankle break & dislocation that happened to another Shore boy - Angus Sinclair, I think, - a number of years ago, also coincidentally on the eve of GPS selection announcements. ( Think Pat McCutcheon's ankle injury for the Waratah's earler this year......but worse !).
Undoubtedly gone for the season - more's the pity. Shore's pack had been stepping up to their more fancied rivals, if comments herein were anything to go by.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Double dislocation of the ankle so I'm reliably informed by a Shore 1stXV parent.
Not quite as bad as the ankle break & dislocation that happened to another Shore boy - Angus Sinclair, I think, - a number of years ago, also coincidentally on the eve of GPS selection announcements. ( Think Pat McCutcheon's ankle injury for the Waratah's earler this year..but worse !).
Undoubtedly gone for the season - more's the pity. Shore's pack had been stepping up to their more fancied rivals, if comments herein were anything to go by.

Just had a stalk of Angus's facebook and found a photo of the injury. Wish i hadn't.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
It took me a while to work out why you made this comment; then the penny dropped: you thought I was having a go at you. I was having a go at me because I worked out why my loose description could have been unclear.

Can you not see a case where my "obviously I should have" comment was not a cheap shot?

I still reckon that it's easier to get out of the scrum as a LHP. Kees Meuws told me that about 10 years ago when I asked him the differences between playing the two positions and that was one of them.

We will have to agree to disagree about the matter.

Lee I accept your explanation of your comment.

If you read my posts I wasn't disagreeing with you that it was easier for a LHP to exit a scrum than a THP - only the reason why. You suggest it's got something to do with the props arms - having stuck my head in far too many scrums at the deep end I know it's because a THP's head and neck are engaged between that of the opposing hooker and LH whereas LHP's is not.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
CTPE thanks for your summary of the trial matches to date, very good, I was wondering, does your skill at stats go as far as half time scores?? which would give an indication of which teams hang in there and finish well etc ???
You may not like my points of view, BUT, if you are attending tomorrow, can you keep updates flowing please CTPE?
Thanking you in advance
Your humble Brian :)

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
CTPE thanks for your summary of the trial matches to date, very good, I was wondering, does your skill at stats go as far as half time scores?? which would give an indication of which teams hang in there and finish well etc ???

Good point but I can't help there. You'd think though that by the time of round 1 in about 5 weeks all teams should be raring to go fitness and injury wise save for those poor buggers who have copped long term injuries.

W

Wowsah

Not quite as bad as the ankle break & dislocation that happened to another Shore boy - Angus Sinclair, I think, - a number of years ago, also coincidentally on the eve of GPS selection announcements. ( Think Pat McCutcheon's ankle injury for the Waratah's earler this year..but worse !).

Ouch!, surprised it isn't broken it looked a lot worse than that. It gave me the shivers just looking at it. What a shame though, saw him play a couple of times and was impressed on both occasions. So a blow to Shore no doubt. From what I saw on the weekend, and with respect to the kid who does replace him, it would seem that it will be a pretty difficult task to do so.

btw that ground (northbridge) always looks like a bloody terrible surface to have to play on.

J

Jazzman

Who has sustained season ending injuries thus far , there can't be too many

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
The first change for the GPS team...........
Murphy (J) out of the GPS 1's for tomorrow's match - Randall called up from 2's I understand.
Not sure who is moving up the chain thereafter.

Cheers
The Hound

N

Norse Man

David Morris from the reserve to the 3rd.

I can't believe that David Morris was only a reserve. Quality player with so much talent. Good to see he has a starting spot tomorrow, but doesn't bode well for AICES that players of this quality are playing GPS 3s. Expect a one sided thrashing. Ironically, his opposite number is his long time Norths team mate and hooker Donnelly. Not sure why he is playing at 7 but expect that they will have some hearty exchanges before kissing and making up!

G

G-78-XV-V

no Grammar players in run on teams. Hard to believe.
Eternal optimists, Grammar supporters.....I think SGS is doing well considering they haven't won a competition game in recent memory (Sorry High) and last year Barratt was reserve/thirds hooker(in a very strong year for hookers) and Jones played 2nd's, and now this year, his brother, Harry Jones is in the ones, as he spent 6 years at Grammar you could probable claim him as well !!! Now there's an idea ...a State OF Origin for schoolboys !!!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
According to the GPS Website...

GPS I 35 (A Kellaway 3, B Carolan, M Whitely, A Ferris, J Wilde tries) def CAS I 12 (H Wileman, B Flaherty tries, T Wilson con)

GPS II 36 (J Redden 2, S Barclay 2, D O’Donohue, O Pople tries, S Barclay, A Pulver, O Pople con) def CAS II 25 (T Heggarty, Tiumalu Afele, S Kitchen, O Cupitt-Osbourne tries, J Clark con, pg)

GPS III 97 (R Arnold 4, S Gerry-Burgess 2, D Morris 2, G Prassas 2, S Davies 2, A Crichton 2, W Rayner, W Davis tries, C Tulloch 4, S Davies , M Wylie con) def AICES 0

J

joeys2012

any reports on todays games ?

GPS I vs CAS I

Good first half, hard hits, good running, etc. Second half was a lower quality however. CAS opened the scoring, but GPS hit back quickly with Kellaway scoring a rapid double, the second of which was nicely set up by Jones who was impressive throughout. Carolan crossed from close range to put GPS up 15-5 (goal kicking was off for whatever reason). Kellaway scored his hat-trick off a well timed kick from Jones and Whiteley took advantage of a quick tap 5 metres out to make it 25-5. Another GPS try was scored in the corner but i didn't see who it was. CAS would score once more and finally a try was converted. This begun the boring stage of the game, Robertson yellow carded and GPS forced to defend for a large period of time, to their credit they didn't look like conceding again. A late try to Wilde, set up by a strong run from Milne made it 35-12 and a comfortable win.

Standouts:
Dempsey (GPS 6), Jones (GPS 14), Carolan (GPS 2)

From what i've heard the III's game was a complete blow out with everyone wanting to score a try and impress the selectors, 97-0 or something. In the II's, Barclay has really caused a headache for the selectors, bagging a double and having a strong game, looks like experience may have been a wiser choice.

Reactions: nic
P

Pawl

The GPS 1st XV were impressive today. I was particularly impressed with Kellaway (15) and Jones (14), both of whom looked threatening in attack. The centre pairing of Milne (12) and Foketi (13) were solid in defence. Dempsey (6) also had a blinder.

However, the goal kicking needs to be sorted out, as 0 from 7 were converted. I've seen Horwitz kick much better than that. Maybe the pressure got to him?

S

Steve McGregor

How did the centers from each team go? Tanne and lalaki, redden and Barclay, gerrey-burgess and davies?

I understand that 3rds had it easy and was pretty hard to impress but who was the standouts out of the standouts?

Also did “piggy” Robertson shine at his new spot?

S

Steve McGregor

GPS 1st XV
Oscar Pryor-Lees (N), Ben Carolan (J), Tomas Robertson (J), Harrison Rourke (I), Fergus Lee-Warner (K), Jack Dempsey (I), Tom Murphy (J), Mitchell Whitely (I), Andrew Ferris (K), David Horwitz, (c) (S), Josh Wilde (J), Tanne Milne (N), Lalakai Foketi (K), Harry Jones (K), Andrew Kellaway (S)

GPS 2nd XV
Oliver Barker (I), Tevita Vea (N), Matthew Sandell (J), Declan O’Donahue (J), Callum Buckling (E), Jack McCalman (K), Harry Randall (c) (K), Liam Moylan (K), Joey Lussick (N), Corey Tulloch (K), Alex Vlahos (N), Steane Davis (E), Sam Barclay (J), Jack Reddin (I), Matthew Hood (N)

GPS 3rd XV
Willie Ahosivi (N), Jackson Fitzpatrick (c) (E), Douglas Streeter (E), Lachlan Cannell (N), Patrick Fishburn (E), Xavier May (I), David Morris (N), Angus Crichton (S), Angus Pulver (E), Andrew Deegan (J), Oscar Pople (N), Sam Gerry-Burgess (I), Will Davies (K), Will Rayner (S), Max Wyllie (K)

Changes-
1stXV- tom murphy (back from injury)

2ndXV- harry randel (dropped from first cause of return)
Joey lussick (moved up from thirds reserves)
Corey Tulloch (moved up from thirds five eight)
Steane davies (moved up from thirds outside)
Jack reddin (moves from inside to wing)

3rdXV- Xavier may (moves back down cause of injury)
angus pulver (dropped from 2nds)
Andrew deegan (dropped down from 2nds)
Oscar pople (dropped down from 2nds)
Will davies (comes of the bench to start)

Status
Not open for further replies.