• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
For View, i think they were just unlucky to come up against a very smart Joeys side and can defiantly get a big win if a team can't shut down there big 3.

We can use the word 'unlucky' on the trial rounds but in the competition round - they were not 'good enough' to beat Jthe oeys team. It's a 15 players game and they can't rely on their big 3 all the time.

Lomu

Bob McCowan (2)
Kings looked flat, Pulver was outstanding...Shore deserved the win and Kings threw it away with a large count of errors. Good to see a team that has grown together since year 7 beat a team that has been put together. The Shore forwards were more hungry and Kings were lucky not to lose by more!

E

elcapitano

we will see i guess, joeys forward pack looked to cover three aus reps pretty well

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
2s results anyone ? Joeys and View drew 17 all. Joeys scored on the bell but missed the kick to win it.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yowsers - over confidence?

Whilst some schools will undoubtedly underestimate Shore, I think it would be a gross insult to the Shore boys to suggest that their victory today was primarily due to King's over confidence. The Shore forwards dominated the Kings pack and the backline defended outstandingly, despite the impressive Kings backline (Lalaki Foketi looked dangerous whenever he touched the ball). More to come later, but now I'd just like to say one thing:

The Shore team this year have a fire in their belly that I haven't seen within the Shore 1st XV for a while now, and no doubt they will stop at nothing this season to knock down the teams that have doubted them in the past, and will probably continue to do so. They showed great resilience and discipline to come back after King's late try, and demonstrated great team cohesion as the forwards rumbled their way up the field, where they were justly rewarded by a strong snipe from Pulver. They will definitely be interesting to watch this year.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The ref should should make the call if it went over more than 1.5m then the pushing should stop otherwise penalty will apply. If not they will keep pushing competing for the tighthead. Other option to take was to call the uncontested scrum early after a few scrums.
The obligation to stop pushing is on the players but they will not respect that obligation if it is not policed from the get go.
The law does not require the ref to intervene by "making a call": they are not allowed to push more than 1.5m. The imposition of a free kick does not, in fact, depend on the ref saying anything.
They are not permitted to "keep pushing competing for the tight head" once the scrum has travelled 1.5m.
Joeys learnt years ago that this variation minimizes the value of big boppers in schoolboy rugby.
As a matter of interest the variation to the law states:
"Maximum 1.5 metres push. A team in a scrum must not push the scrum more than 1.5 metres towards their opponents’ goal line.
Sanction: Free Kick"
http://www.irb.com/lawregulations/laws/index.html/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

Shore Link

We looked great against King's the boy's dominated them at the breakdown, King's front row were clearly MIA and I overheard some King's parents saying the boy who got the yellow against Shore almost went again for a dangerous tackle. Pulver and Clancy had great games but it was our forwards who picked up easy yards at the side of the ruck. Kings backs looked good when the ball wasn't being dropped but up front they were poor and couldn't hold the dominant Shore boys out. It seemed the same in the 2's but King's no 10 tore it up and all their points were out wide. The 2's went down badly. Playing King's tight is clearly the way to beat them.......Go Shore.....well done boys !!

Lomu

Bob McCowan (2)
[quote="Shore Link, post: 391073, member: 8153" It seemed the same in the 2's but King's no 10 tore it up and all their points were out wide. /quote]

AGREE...give him a run in the ones! What is his name? I thought he played better than the firsts fly half!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Whilst some schools will undoubtedly underestimate Shore, I think it would be a gross insult to the Shore boys to suggest that their victory today was primarily due to King's over confidence. The Shore forwards dominated the Kings pack and the backline defended outstandingly, despite the impressive Kings backline (Lalaki Foketi looked dangerous whenever he touched the ball). More to come later, but now I'd just like to say one thing:

The Shore team this year have a fire in their belly that I haven't seen within the Shore 1st XV for a while now, and no doubt they will stop at nothing this season to knock down the teams that have doubted them in the past, and will probably continue to do so. They showed great resilience and discipline to come back after King's late try, and demonstrated great team cohesion as the forwards rumbled their way up the field, where they were justly rewarded by a strong snipe from Pulver. They will definitely be interesting to watch this year.

As I indicated in my round preview a win by Shore would not be a shock and it was in fact thoroughly deserved. Their forwards were outstanding and dominated everywhere except in the scrums where Kings front row were the stronger - but the game was won at the breakdown where Shore turned over Kings ball numerous times and was otherwise lost by Kings through too many handling errors and a lineout that just didn't function as it should have. This cost them dearly in terms of time in possession and lost opportunities when they were on the attack out wide.

Despite playing well below their best Kings nonetheless hit the front for the first time in the match with about 10 mins left in the game. Shore though were not fazed by this and continued to do what they had done for all of the match - their relentless commitment at the breakdown and an undiminished desire for victory at home saw them score from a Pulver sniping run with about a minute left on the clock.

Full credit to Shore for their enthusiasm and commitment - they will create plenty of problems for many of the more fancied teams in this competition.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Great game it was harvey... to other news, the grammar 2's beat knox 19-12 and the 16's beat newington's 16 a's 22-0. very impressive.

I must confess I heard some funny sledging in the game, punctuated by one of the newington front rowers whether it was david vea or willie ahosivi calling grammars prop anthony penklis "tubby". that is the richest comment I have ever heard. Full credit to them for stringing a two syllable word together though. A gutsy game from grammar.
Mssrs Pot and Kettle?

Status
Not open for further replies.