• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G&GR News Bot

The 2012 GPS competition in NSW will start next weekend and this season promises to be the closest run thing for years. Anybody who reckons they can pick the winner before Rd. 1 is kidding themselves, and I will be reading the tea leaves when making my tips. There are several changes for in 2012. Because

Click this link to read the full article...

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Must be a record - nearly a whole day gone without a comment and it's season's eve!!

1. Joeys to get up over View at home -

Joeys lost two of their trial matches at home to Newington and Kings but it's likely to be a different story against traditional rivals Riverview. While View have the big three back in Rorke, Whiteley and Dempsey after their Oz Schoolboys duty where they all impressed it's a pretty simple equation for Joeys - man up in the forwards particularly up the centre and close to their line - get at least an equal share of possession and just send it wide. I'm very impressed with Joeys backs and can see them winning if they spin it - too much class out wide for View.

2. Shore v Kings - Kings to get up in a tighter contest than expected

This game has the potential to be a lot closer than many may anticipate and an upset would not shock. Shore went very well in the Trials knocking off Scots and they had some other close results despite a growing injury toll. They in fact had Kings down at home 10-25 mid way through the second half only to go down 35-28. They always defend Northbridge like a fortress so it won't be a walk in the park for King's boys especially if there is any complacency after their 48-5 demolition of Scots at Bellevue Hill last week. King's recipe for success is to dominate at the set pieces and maintain their aggression at the breakdown then simply unleash their 24 carat backline as they did last week. Tulloch's kicking game will have played a big role if they are successful.

3. Grammar/TAS/High v New - New to prevail and go away with it in the 2nd half.

I expect Grammar will deliver a very good first up performance as they generally do plus I'm told that they have some very good talent this year. To have a chance against probably the best balanced team in the competition they need to maintain optimum effort for the whole game. As for New it's quite simple - pretend that you're playing Joeys or Kings and play plenty of the game through the forwards - whilst the contest may be evenly matched early, dominance by their pack will see as many tries scored by them as their centre pairing of Milne and Moeroa.

4. Scots v Bye - a restful start for the Bellevue Hill mob

An easy two points for Scots and not much likelihood of any red cards. Then again.....

G

G&GR News Bot

Everybody likes a winner, but a competition with only a few teams in it can end in a tie too often. And it’s like kissing your sister. Let’s use the bonus point system they use in Super Rugby: a point for scoring 4 tries or more, a point for losing by 7 or fewer, then

Click this link to read the full article...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Yes, there are many more important things. Can anyone reserve Lee Grant a seat at SJC for Saturday? Please let know via Gr & G. ( He also like a coffee, white with one.)
:)
No need. I'm heading off this arvo to bags my seat.

It's a long black actually.

CTPE is right - it's curious that there is not a lot of forum traffic the day before the GPS starts.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
3. Grammar/TAS/High v New - New to prevail and go away with it in the 2nd half.

I expect Grammar will deliver a very good first up performance as they generally do plus I'm told that they have some very good talent this year. To have a chance against probably the best balanced team in the competition they need to maintain optimum effort for the whole game. As for New it's quite simple - pretend that you're playing Joeys or Kings and play plenty of the game through the forwards - whilst the contest may be evenly matched early, dominance by their pack will see as many tries scored by them as their centre pairing of Milne and Moeroa.

words cannot express my profound hope that your are right in your optimism for Grammar - I have not seen them play this year but my son has and he is quite scathing (wonder where he gets that from?)

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Predictions for this week
Joeys vs View - The biggest game of the season comes in round 1 this year. View are at full strength with their big three playing, Joeys are also at full strength. Probably two of the best forward packs in the comp and thats where the game will be won. If Joeys can get enough ball there backs will fire, especially Barclay. View need to really dominate in the forwards to get a result. Joeys 25-20

Kings vs Shore - The game thats going to test Kings premiership chances. A big win (15 or more) will give them huge confidence heading into the Newington fixture next week. Shore with Pulver will compete and an upset wouldnt surprise many. Kings backline just have to much class. Kings 19-15

Newington vs Grammar - again agree with CTPE, Grammar will really push Newington through the first half, but wont be able to stop Tepai and Teane in the second. A comfortable win heading into the Kings game. Newington 46-7

M

Michelle

the grammar boys will defend fortress weigall as if it were a fortress: here they are.......

1 anthony penklis
2 luke sullivan
3 kieran healy
4 adam subau
5 daniel gorry
6 thomas westrup
7 nick krempf
8 angus bishop
9 will lee
10 karl pratley
11 julian antonescu
12 hallam pottz
13 daniel gautschi
14 rhett coleman
15 joseph kang

the backs may start in a different order.

M

Michelle

yes I will be attending with harvey who said he would provide a report on the fixture

G

George Curtin

The biggest game of the year tomorrow when arch rivals Joeys and Riverview go battle at Hunters Hill. Has anybody got the team lists?

longdrop

Frank Row (1)
View

1. Nathan Kelly
2. Hosea Fotukava
3. Oli Barker
4. Harry Rorke
5. Ben Hunt
6. Jack Dempsey
7. Xavier May
8. Mitchell Whitely
9. Mike Kennedy
10. Alex Lyons
11. Bill Freeman
12. Sam Gerry Burgess
13. Jack Redden
14. Tom Molloy
15. Jack Robertson

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys

1. Tom Robertson
2. Ben Carolan
3. Matt Sandell
4. Ollie Bartlett
5. Josh Schwager
6. James Goldie
7. Tom Murphy (c)
8. Declan O'Donohoe
9. Pat Curtain
10. Andrew Deegan
11. Alex Newsome
12. Alex Pay
13. Sam Barclay
14. Josh Wilde
15. Josh Kay (vc)

H

HarveyColon

now that i've seen the joeys line up, i would strongly favour them given that schwager and curtain and sandell have all returned from pre season injuries. also because they are at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.