• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good luck vs. Joeys on Saturday THL! Of course - being belted by a light weight ISA side is nothing special! ( and no disrespect to Auggies there! :) ). Wreckless

Didn't Auggies score more points than Joeys in their last two outings? 45 points put on Scots so my money would be with Joeys if I were a betting person.

therugbyman

Stan Wickham (3)
Joeys team same as last week with the exception of:
-blindside flanker pennisi dropped to 2nds
-second rower Watts to blindside flanker
- the previously injured Dec O'Donehue put in the second row

J

Jazzman

whats happening with schwager ?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys vs Scots this weekend. Scots have some of the best backs in the state (Kellaway, Stewart, Horowitz) yet they are already 0-2 and i believe this is due to the lack of depth in the forwards. In saying that if Scots do manage to get the ball out then they could easily put another 40 on Joeys. Joeys are coming off a solid win over Oakhill where they played some very smart and simple footy. Expect the same this week with Joeys forward pack to shine. Joeys by 10-20.

Any predictions for Kings vs Newington ?

footychixbeers

Stan Wickham (3)
Riverview 1sts vs St Pats 1sts

1. Conor Barnes
2. Oliver Barker
3. Nathan Kelly
4. Tom Cutler
5. Harry Rourke
6. Xavier May
7. Jack Dempsey
8. Mitch Whiteley
9. Mike Kennedy/Charlie Freeman
10. Jackson Bird
11. Charlie Freeman/Mike Kennedy
12. Sam Gerrey-Burgess
13. Jack Redden
14. Bill Freeman
15. Jack Robertson

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Joeys vs Scots this weekend. Scots have some of the best backs in the state (Kellaway, Stewart, Horowitz) yet they are already 0-2 and i believe this is due to the lack of depth in the forwards. In saying that if Scots do manage to get the ball out then they could easily put another 40 on Joeys. Joeys are coming off a solid win over Oakhill where they played some very smart and simple footy. Expect the same this week with Joeys forward pack to shine. Joeys by 10-20.
No way can the Scots forwards win enough ball for the backs to put 40 points on Joeys. Set pieces are a huge problem for Scots.
comfortable win for Joeys

H

HarveyColon

what is all this shit about scots putting 40 on joeys.....all of you get your heads out of your rectums. the fact of the matter is: no matter how much you talk up this scots backline it hasn't progressed since last year and there aint no will millers in the forwards either. stewart and horwitz may be good but they aren't leagues ahead of barclay and kay at all. i would go as far as saying that they are fairly evenly matched.

J

Jazzman

what is all this shit about scots putting 40 on joeys.....all of you get your heads out of your rectums. the fact of the matter is: no matter how much you talk up this scots backline it hasn't progressed since last year and there aint no will millers in the forwards either. stewart and horwitz may be good but they aren't leagues ahead of barclay and kay at all. i would go as far as saying that they are fairly evenly matched.

JIM STEWART IS OVERRATED......and probably over age too

hahah someone wishes he was 30 years younger so he could run out against this scots backline

therugbyman

Stan Wickham (3)
this being said, i expect pennisi to have a blinder this week in the 2s as he has a point to prove

Bill McLean (32)
Newbie this weekends GPS trial games are below. Looks like New v Kings game is at Newington.
Newington v Kings
IMO one of the two abovementioned teams will take out the title this year! Only time will tell I suppose.

Regards,

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
this being said, i expect pennisi to have a blinder this week in the 2s as he has a point to prove

How is Penisi's health/wellbeing/fitness? He was out for a long time in the 16's with an injury(?) - great to see him back playing and I'd back him to go well in the 2's as well!

therugbyman

Stan Wickham (3)
How is Penisi's health/wellbeing/fitness? He was out for a long time in the 16's with an injury(?) - great to see him back playing and I'd back him to go well in the 2's as well!
He was actually meant to play 1st xv last year but the injury forced out of the season. He has recovered well and i personally believe he will be back playing for the 1st xv in a few weeks, perhaps even next week!

SteveMerrick

Allen Oxlade (6)
Scots will be ready. This weekend we start by belting joeys again. beating a light weight isa side is nothing special.

I suspect that you are glad to playing a GPS side this week - the last two outings vs. Waverly and then Augustines haven't quite gone to plan....... Not sure Joeys would be my choice to get the confidence up but I guess whatever blows your boat..

Status
Not open for further replies.