• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HarveyColon

kings may be the dark horses of the competition a year earlier than thought.

R

RikuMa'eda

You failed to mention that shores loosehead seemingly snapped his leg 5 mins in followed by a number of other key forward losses in the first half. So what did the New pack actually dominate? Sure, a really well drilled pack however I suspect a much different outcome would have occurred had those injuries not taken place. For anyone there it was plainly obvious why the scrums ultimately went uncontested. New unfortunately didn't get to face a full strength shore forward pack so really not much to take away from that game for them forwards wise.

Out of curiosity does anyone know what happened to the shore loosehead? From where I was sitting it looked pretty nasty. Never a nice thing to see something like that happen.

It was a double dislocation = out for the season

H

HarveyColon

Even if grammar boys aren't on par with the other gps schools in rugby, they can put on a dam good musical.......if i must say so i went this evening and found it most amusing.....nothing better than a bunch of semi naked lads prancing around a stage and enjoying themselves

L

Lachie OzWeights

On a related note, what are some figures from around the GPS community eg. max bench, deadlift, squat, curl etc. (post in kg please)

OsWeights out.

Tom Burke

Bob McCowan (2)
On a related note, what are some figures from around the GPS community eg. max bench, deadlift, squat, curl etc. (post in kg please)

OsWeights out.

Oscar Pryor Lees of Newington College cleans 60kgs which, apparently, is up there as far as records of schoolboy weightlifting goes...
Tom Robertson of St Joseph's is said to be their strongest player in terms of weightlifting, however, i have not heard any figures. Any Joey's boy could provide you with further information on him.

AusBoyRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
My bid is Riverview or Kings for the premiership this year. Both sides have proven their dominance over all the other GPS schools and with their current results, they should be top of the ladder again this year.

Bill McLean (32)
Even if grammar boys aren't on par with the other gps schools in rugby, they can put on a dam good musical...if i must say so i went this evening and found it most amusing...nothing better than a bunch of semi naked lads prancing around a stage and enjoying themselves

Harvey,

Were they the same boys you picked up in your van on the rainy day two weeks ago ... ... ... :)

All jokes aside you are seriously starting to concern me with your comments. I am finding them quite perverted!

LG - Your intervention I seek!

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Harvey,

Were they the same boys you picked up in your van on the rainy day two weeks ago . . . :)

All jokes aside you are seriously starting to concern me with your comments. I am finding them quite perverted!

LG - Your intervention I seek!
Make that two of us. Hey I like a good musical as much as the next, But, you're starting to sound a little mmmmm...
Different?

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Oscar Pryor Lees of Newington College cleans 60kgs which, apparently, is up there as far as records of schoolboy weightlifting goes.
Tom Robertson of St Joseph's is said to be their strongest player in terms of weightlifting, however, i have not heard any figures. Any Joey's boy could provide you with further information on him.
Can you convert all this back to pounds for the oldies please?
And I thought cleaning was what your mum did to your room. What happened to the old "Run 'em till they throw up, and then run 'em some more"?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I here Scots have pulled out of the "Battle of Bellevue Hill" annual game with Cranbrook.
Pity to lose such a great tradition.
Anyone know why?

Pretty sure they already played it in term 2 holidays. Cranbrook won as well i think. Maybe it was Waverly though

Artbeet

Frank Nicholson (4)
I here Scots have pulled out of the "Battle of Bellevue Hill" annual game with Cranbrook.
Pity to lose such a great tradition.
Anyone know why?

I heard that Scots optimistically think they will have 3 of their team in the Aust Schoolboys side that week end. This would mean that they have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Tradition seems to be only skin deep there.

Seems to be indicative of their arrogance and belief in their own self importance at the moment. For most GPS schools, Scots are the one on the nose. They are actively trying to buy their silverware, even cynically bringing in 2 members of the NSW U17 cricket team to start in Term 4 last year.
Perhaps it is a good thing that this game is off, no doubt they would try and poach the cream from down the hill, similar to what has gone on in recent years, offering scholarships to key sportsmen at Waves.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
Pretty sure they already played it in term 2 holidays. Cranbrook won as well i think. Maybe it was Waverly though

Sorry to contradict R2, however having just spoken with a Scots dad, it would seem that a severely congested calendar – for both Scots & Cranbrook – was to blame for the match being postponed.

You may be confusing the match with Cranbrook’s participation in that Scots Rugby 7’s event back in April ?? Scots also played Wavs IIRC - and Waves got up.

The change in GPS Athletics to before the rugby season apparently meant there were few weekends where the “BOH” fixture could be allocated – however, he informed me that a number of alternative dates were proposed by the Scots rugby chap – but which were all knocked back by Cranbrook. So, contrary to some of the rather derogatory comments on the CAS forum….it would appear that BOTH schools should be shouldering a bit of the “blame”.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year…….might actually be a match with a bit of spirit in it !

Cheers
The Hound

Artbeet

Frank Nicholson (4)
Sorry to contradict R2, however having just spoken with a Scots dad, it would seem that a severely congested calendar – for both Scots & Cranbrook – was to blame for the match being postponed.

You may be confusing the match with Cranbrook’s participation in that Scots Rugby 7’s event back in April ?? Scots also played Wavs IIRC - and Waves got up.

The change in GPS Athletics to before the rugby season apparently meant there were few weekends where the “BOH” fixture could be allocated – however, he informed me that a number of alternative dates were proposed by the Scots rugby chap – but which were all knocked back by Cranbrook. So, contrary to some of the rather derogatory comments on the CAS forum….it would appear that BOTH schools should be shouldering a bit of the “blame”.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year…….might actually be a match with a bit of spirit in it !

Cheers
The Hound

Sorry Hound,

It is a bit like Jonestown, they will drink the Coolaid, if told to. The parent is mistaken. I have it on good authority that it was the other way around, Cranbrook sugesting 6 different dates after the Scots cancelled the game only a few weeks ago. My CAS spies tell me that Cranbrook have had to organise another game in the ACT, so their calendar is obviously not effected. But at least less chance of any poaching. Thought Scots might still go ahead to be certain of at least some positive results this season. How the traditions change when ego and money get involved

Status
Not open for further replies.