• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tight head Lion

Really?
I had always assumed it involved reciting poetry at someone

That's what I reckon hence I have instructed my students in the past to write "You play teams in sport you don't verse them"

Any news on any other results yesterday?

footychixbeers

Stan Wickham (3)
Riverview seem to be progressing very well. Any idea if they had any players out? (eg those who may be doing athletics still)

The team was missing three key backs; Jack McGregor, Sam Mete and Henry Hutchison to athletics, although fill-ins Jim Lance, Nick Falvey and Joe Stagemen dominated backline play

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Seriously, you went to the free dictionary for verification. I hope you are aware that for some reason words are always added to dictiionary's each year because of popular usage. Doesn't mean they make any sense though.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Seriously, you went to the free dictionary for verification. I hope you are aware that for some reason words are always added to dictiionary's each year because of popular usage. Doesn't mean they make any sense though.
Be careful lily, attacking grammar... Grampa gets pissed orf

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
silence gentlemen. This is a rugby forum, not an english one. Those who get off on grammar, go away, you are not need. Those who get off on rugby, please add your knowledge.

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
watched joeys internal trials last weekend. dylan grant tore the As and Bs trial apart. so strong, evasive and unbelievably quick. he plays manly harold matts. several watching on wondered why he isnt in opens. in another class to the other kids. one to watch.

Footy Writer

Bob McCowan (2)
watched joeys internal trials last weekend. dylan grant tore the As and Bs trial apart. so strong, evasive and unbelievably quick. he plays manly harold matts. several watching on wondered why he isnt in opens. in another class to the other kids. one to watch.
Honestly, if you think that him playing Harold Matthews rugby league is enough to make him a good opens rugby player, think again. Considering Joey's played Deegan up (and rightfully so) when he was in 16s, I would trust their judgement of when a young talent is ready for opens. A lot of boys in the GPS have played Harold Matts, and not all of them have been very successful for their school.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
agree with your take on Grant for opens...there are better players in that Joeys age group that will not be promoted to opens...but none the less it would be good for Dylan to be back to form if that is where he is..dominant in teh 13's..less so in the 14's..and actually struggled against th ebetter sides in the 15's..

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
apparently he had a bad hamstring injury last year which he played with. i didn't see him play then but he toyed with them on the weekend if that is the best joeys 16's either they can't tackle or he was unplayable.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
hamstring might explain the 15's form....do you know if many of the regular A players were involved in the AAGPS meet on Saturday...I suspect the likes of Eddie King , Tom Wright etc would have been at Athletics??

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
dont know about GPS. i asked about dylan and was told he was the 16's 100m champion at the school but pulled out of the athletics because of manly commitments. i saw tom and eddie play in 14's eddie was good, tom had good ball skills but weak in defence. maybe that has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.