• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is deep sea diving a GPS sport now?

Someone needs to lead the expedition to recover One Australia (AUS 35).

In the spirit of the recent Shackleton re-enactment expedition, why shouldn't someone from NEW lead the expedition to recover AUS 35 from the seabed of San Diego Bay. They would need recompression chamber experience.

for the youngun's see here:
Not a good day for Australian boatbuilders and sailors

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Playmaker obviously wasn't at the View v Joey's game a couple of years ago. More elitist crap. All league players grow up to be moron thugs I think would be one of his beliefs. Read George Smiths book and you'll find that some of the cleanskins aren't always as they appear. Anyway enjoy your opinion I'm sure many others under the age of 17 agree with you.

Deep and meaningful. I agree. It seems stereotypes are taking over our sport, and i believe the Drug isssue isnt helping.

Wolf Out.

G

gilbert15

I heard it was Newington vs Kings before the Tahs vs Lions game. Newington are down to host Kings in round 2 on June 15th which is the same day as the Tahs game so thats probably right.
Well then, THAT would be a competition game so HOW can Kings pull out ???

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
Well then, THAT would be a competition game so HOW can Kings pull out ???

The GPS draw indicates that it's a Newington home game so can they dictate the time and venue for the game or is there some GPS convention for the game to be played at 3.15pm at the home teams school oval? I can see that there may be some logistical issues like where do the 2nds play and how big are the teams 1st squads for the game but I reckon that most boys would jump at the chance to play in a curtain raiser to a British Lions game.

K

kbw

In respect to Newington, where less than 1/2 of the 2012 1st XV players in Yr12 team were offered places in tertiary education then I wonder where the benefits are. Maybe the athletes need to be at this privileged school for 6 years to get whole of education benefits, not just 2 years?

Could it also be that Newington also offers the IB, and those offers/results were not out then

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Could it also be that Newington also offers the IB, and those offers/results were not out then

To be corrected, no 1st XV boys for Newington undertook the IB course. Unless OD who was a forward did I.B???

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Ahhh Gentlemen.

Who is this mysterious OD charcacter, can someone confirm? The first XV for Newingtons 150th birthday is looking strong, players filling in key positions, any chance of a lineup or projected teams for each respective school, from you avid followers of the Sydney GPS?

Wolf Out

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
and does anyone have any idea on the firsts for newington in 2013?

Go back to #424 for some discussion on this. Here was GPSrow's take on things back then - any major revisions/revues G-row?

MY Pick for 2013

1. George Prassas 2nd XV
2. Campbell Shearer/Matt Serhorn 2nd XV, 16A
3. Vuni..(not too sure of his full name, correction will be made if i am wrong) 2nd XV and 16A
4.Anthony Vasilis (1st/2nd XV, got injured early on with a thumb injury)
5.Simon Kennewell (centre to backrow, interesting to see how he goes or if he changes to this position)
6. David Morris 1st XV
7. Jordan Roods/Tom Meaney/Stuart Mill (all strong ruckmen) all 2nd XV members
8. Lachie Cannell (easy rep player if he keeps up his form) 1st XV
9. Joey Lussick 1st XV
10. Ellis Abraham (english lad, strong with the ball and good defender) 1st XV /Lachlan Anderson (small but a key play maker and controller of team mates) 2nd XV
11. Tanne Milne (needs to prove himself in this position, imposing and a good ball runner) 1st XV
12. Josh Mitchell (needs more exposure to the 1sts, great with the ball and a key defender when it counts) 2nd XV
13. Tepai Meoroa (big unit, Aus. school boy rep and hits like steam train) (1st XV)
14. needs to be filled in (any ideas)
15. needs to be filled in (any ideas)

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Ahhh Gentlemen.

Who is this mysterious OD charcacter, can someone confirm? The first XV for Newingtons 150th birthday is looking strong, players filling in key positions, any chance of a lineup or projected teams for each respective school, from you avid followers of the Sydney GPS?

Wolf Out

OD is Olivier Damas - #5 in 2012 Championship team! Finishing IB this year but can't play due to already turning 19! I hear that he will either coach one of the school junior teams or assist with a senior team. Possibly also play colts with Sydney Uni.

GPS Stroke

Bob McCowan (2)
Anybody from lower teams that may be wild cards for 1sts positions? I know Jordan Gillespie from TKS has been prioritising his passing in the hope to run on at 3.15 rather than 12

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
OD is Olivier Damas - #5 in 2012 Championship team! Finishing IB this year but can't play due to already turning 19! I hear that he will either coach one of the school junior teams or assist with a senior team. Possibly also play colts with Sydney Uni.
Thankyou Mr Wreckless, ahh yes he was a wrecking ball was he not, a good running player who struck fear into the hearts of black and gold grammar.

Wolf Out.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Go back to #424 for some discussion on this. Here was GPSrow's take on things back then - any major revisions/revues G-row?

MY Pick for 2013

1. George Prassas 2nd XV
2. Campbell Shearer/Matt Serhorn 2nd XV, 16A
3. Vuni..(not too sure of his full name, correction will be made if i am wrong) 2nd XV and 16A
4.Anthony Vasilis (1st/2nd XV, got injured early on with a thumb injury)
5.Simon Kennewell (centre to backrow, interesting to see how he goes or if he changes to this position)
6. David Morris 1st XV
7. Jordan Roods/Tom Meaney/Stuart Mill (all strong ruckmen) all 2nd XV members
8. Lachie Cannell (easy rep player if he keeps up his form) 1st XV
9. Joey Lussick 1st XV
10. Ellis Abraham (english lad, strong with the ball and good defender) 1st XV /Lachlan Anderson (small but a key play maker and controller of team mates) 2nd XV
11. Tanne Milne (needs to prove himself in this position, imposing and a good ball runner) 1st XV
12. Josh Mitchell (needs more exposure to the 1sts, great with the ball and a key defender when it counts) 2nd XV
13. Tepai Meoroa (big unit, Aus. school boy rep and hits like steam train) (1st XV)
14. needs to be filled in (any ideas)
15. needs to be filled in (any ideas)

Looks like a Solid Team. Lets just hope they can complete the nigh impossible and back up a championship, especially on their 150th year. No notables from my brother for the 14/15 positions, however i will adjust a switch between the bear, Big Joshy and Taane. This will allow Taane more straight line running, and bring more strength in defence to the back three. Lachlan Anderson, if size is built could be placed in the fullback position, his vision and desision making could be excellent for that area. Add another missile on the other wing, perhaps Sepesa Loga-Tarogi from 16's or another athlete, perhaps Ed Pollit? Played Second row in 16's last year but who knows, boys from the 3rd XV coming back, including one who played a couple of games for seconds last year. Will ask my brother for more info, he seems to have a keen insight within the Newington community.

Sorry for the long post fellas.

Wolf Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.