• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
sorry I don't follow league at all, I mentioned that it was 'intersting' not "surpising". From what I understand Tepai plays in the forwards in league, isn't this a very different skill set then what is required in the union back line. Of the players that 'switch' between codes do they usaully play in a completely different poistion? Even with my limited understadding of league doesn't a fullback/winger in league serve essentailly the same purpose (and would therefore need the same skill set) as in union?
It seems the key skill to being a league winger is to be completely bamboozled by the second man play / second man play come in off your wing, get no body, and have the opposition score effectively unmarked in the corner... When it happens once, fair enough a bad read, when it keeps happening in the same game and week after week....you have to question the use of league winger and skill in the same sentence...

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
When they changed from inside/outside centres to right/left centres.
second rowers started playing in the channel that inside centres used to occupy.
Most back rowers in Mungo have the same ball playing skills of a crash balling 12(not much).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
For another thread, but if you can count to five and catch a ball, you can play Loig.

Like you I also do not follow Rugby Lite, but at times the Junior Jarses have dabbled against my better judgement.

There is very little in common in the "job description" between Rugby Lite position and Rugby position even though they may bear the same name. That being said it is probably best not to drag this thread into a Mungoball vs Heavensgame thread.

Back to footy. The terrible twins from NEW can be intimidating to many, but their effect can also be nullified with clever strategy and individual skills.

This years competition will be won by a school that has the best depth, strategy, fitness and skills.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Where are you getting these stats from? My year at New (I came from Lindfield), every single boy from Lindfield went over to Stanmore, the same with the year aboveand the year below (late 80s). Last year of the 20 or so boys at Lindfield Prep yr 6 at least 14 went on to Stanmore.
well 14 isnt all. i would call that more than half. The culture at Lindfield especially is low at the moment with the new Headmaster leading the school in a completely different direction to the past (who had a successful reign)

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
well 14 isnt all. i would call that more than half. The culture at Lindfield especially is low at the moment with the new Headmaster leading the school in a completely different direction to the past (who had a successful reign)
Well 6 going elsehwere isn't "most boys". What's the problem with the new Head Man?

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Well 6 going elsehwere isn't "most boys". What's the problem with the new Head Man?

The Headmaster of Lindfield is Chris Wyatt. From what Ive heard, he spends most his time overseas doing training courses. He is well into the IB (a strong program at the senior campus) and is focusing the staff's teaching methods towards IB practices. Apart from being away often, it seems he is just at Lindfield to improve his CV so he can later pursue an IB based career. This knowledge was obtained from a bunch of parents of boys at the school. It would be interesting to knoww however, how the junior schools sport is going?

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
Ok as we are only 4 days away from round 1 can we try and get team lists for round 1 (yes i am a boarder in riverview boarding house and if people are interested i can write a report for riverview games if wanted? team lists every week with the limited amount of bias possible)

1st XV VS Newington 3:15 (Home)

1. Jack Bowditch
2. Hosea Fotukava
3. Nathan Kelly
4. Lincoln Whiteley
5.Beau Petterson
6. Jack Hayson
7. Angus Higgins/ Conor menzies (under injury cloud)
8. Ben Hunt (C)
9. Mike Kennedy
10.Jack Mcgregor
11.Sam Mete
12.Tom Molloy
13. Henry Hutchison
14. Charlie Mckay
15. Bill Freeman

2nd XV VS Newington 2:00 (Home)

1. Tom Spill
2. Evan Pritchard
3. Alex Hancock
4. Jack Meincke
5. Nick Meagher (C)
6. Tom Johnston
7. Josh Mackaness
8. Patrick Weston/ Angus Higgins
9. Joe Stageman
10. Jim Lance
11. Tom Mckellar
12. Mitch Butler
13. Nick Falvey
14. Sean Drennan
15. Conor Hurley

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The Headmaster of Lindfield is Chris Wyatt. From what Ive heard, he spends most his time overseas doing training courses. He is well into the IB (a strong program at the senior campus) and is focusing the staff's teaching methods towards IB practices. Apart from being away often, it seems he is just at Lindfield to improve his CV so he can later pursue an IB based career. This knowledge was obtained from a bunch of parents of boys at the school. It would be interesting to knoww however, how the junior schools sport is going?
I'll leave discussion of the Head of Lindfield's career propects to others, but what needs to be remembered is that at the moment Newington Lindfield has one class of 25 per year group. This means that it's very difficult for them to field competitive rugby, soccer, cricket teams against schools 3 or 4 times their size. In every sport they field a 12s which is made up of half Yr 5 and half Yr 6 and a 10s team of half Yr 4 and half Yr 3. They're on a bit of a hiding to nothing really. I understand that Mr Wyatt and the College Council are moving to bring an extra class in at Year 5 next year. One of the stated reasons for this is to improve the pool of boys available for sporting teams.

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
I'll leave discussion of the Head of Lindfield's career propects to others, but what needs to be remembered is that at the moment Newington Lindfield has one class of 25 per year group. This means that it's very difficult for them to field competitive rugby, soccer, cricket teams against schools 3 or 4 times their size. In every sport they field a 12s which is made up of half Yr 5 and half Yr 6 and a 10s team of half Yr 4 and half Yr 3. They're on a bit of a hiding to nothing really. I understand that Mr Wyatt and the College Council are moving to bring an extra class in at Year 5 next year. One of the stated reasons for this is to improve the pool of boys available for sporting teams.

Can we please stop talking about this pointless stuff to do with newington prep. NO ONE CARES!!!!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Just don't read it! Plenty of stuff on these threads that I find pointless, I just gloss over them if I'm not interested.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It might not care to a year 12 boarder at Riverview, but it does care to others who peruse these pages. If you wish to perpetuate a sportal-type slanging match against other schools, GPStyle, please take your custom elsewhere. There have been many schoolboys who've escaped from the sportal vitriol and contributed mightily on G&GR, it'd be nice to think you could be one of them. If you act like an adult, we'll treat you like one.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Ok as we are only 4 days away from round 1 can we try and get team lists for round 1 (yes i am a boarder in riverview boarding house and if people are interested i can write a report for riverview games if wanted? team lists every week with the limited amount of bias possible)

1st XV VS Newington 3:15 (Home)

1. Jack Bowditch
2. Hosea Fotukava
3. Nathan Kelly
4. Lincoln Whiteley
5.Beau Petterson
6. Jack Hayson
7. Angus Higgins/ Conor menzies (under injury cloud)
8. Ben Hunt (C)
9. Mike Kennedy
10.Jack Mcgregor
11.Sam Mete
12.Tom Molloy
13. Henry Hutchison
14. Charlie Mckay
15. Bill Freeman

2nd XV VS Newington 2:00 (Home)

1. Tom Spill
2. Evan Pritchard
3. Alex Hancock
4. Jack Meincke
5. Nick Meagher (C)
6. Tom Johnston
7. Josh Mackaness
8. Patrick Weston/ Angus Higgins
9. Joe Stageman
10. Jim Lance
11. Tom Mckellar
12. Mitch Butler
13. Nick Falvey
14. Sean Drennan
15. Conor Hurley

Would you by any chance have the 3rd XV team list as well?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
King's team list for round 1 game v Scots at Bellevue Hill:
1. James King
2. Jono Burke
3. Lucas Bateman
4. George Lehman
5. Ben Stacy
6. Sam Connor
7. Jack McCalman
8. David Ballantyne
9. Rory Davis
10. Corey Tulloch
11. Cameron Mullen
12. Will Davies
13. Charlie Friend
14. Tom Bucknell
15. James Kane

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
Newington has their work cut out for them this year as they hold the championship title. View are looking fit with a few games under their belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.