• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

overs and unders

Stan Wickham (3)
How would you police that?
If they sign one, done deal... the schools know they have - just ask New who turns up at reception with Sunny Bill Williams... can't hide it so have to divulge it... the league clubs advise the schools as is, the coaches just have to acknowledge it. Its not for sheep stations its bout strengthening the right stock for the years to come, Mungoes win by the investment by ARU and laugh afterwards... doesnt make any sense!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Or just a team list?

Isn't there an exchange student turned natural rugby player playing in Grammar 1s? or just rumours.

No.
That wasn't even a rumour: TruBluAussieBattla made it up for his own purposes.
I guess there'd be a team list at the school but i haven't been there for 34 years so I cant help you. Depending on whether New put their 3rds in the "program" they might be there.
Is there a particular position you're interested in - I have sources.

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
No.
I guess there'd be a team list at the school but i haven't been there for 34 years so I cant help you. Depending on whether New put their 3rds in the "program" they might be there.

'Big Brando' has unfortunately had to withdraw from the rugby program due to an injury my son tells me was from a game of handball. This was not a lie at all, merely me just not being able to foresee a simple playground injury.
Some of the team changes I have heard for this weekend are the return of Jack "The Hero" Digby to number 8. This will surely boost Grammar's side as Digby has widely been rumoured to be one of the best back row forwards in the competition, with GPS and head prefect honours surely on the way. Rice-Brading has failed to recover in time from his knee ailment as previously thought and as a result will not make his first appearance for the season. This is devastating for many as I for one was paticularly looking forward to once again seeing what some call "the fattest boy in the GPS" grace the field. Jameson comes in at outside centre, an unusual choice some might have said 6 months ago when he was just a small bowlcutted boy enjoying the rigours of Grammar's summer fencing program, but a cool new haircut as well as change of attitudes has seemingly helped Jameson take the next step up.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
No.

hahaha well i'm going to the game this saturday and wouldn't mind seeing 'the who's who' of Grammar rugby are these days.

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
hahaha well i'm going to the game this saturday and wouldn't mind seeing 'the who's who' of Grammar rugby are these days.
Keep your eyes out for Bennett, who is potentially playing on the wing for Grammar seconds. From what I hear he may not start due to a dispute with coaches who believe he should stay at prop, but the boy will undoubtedly get some game time and has one of the most exhilarating combinations of pace and size I have seen in my time.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
No.

Is the youngest Tuilagi playing or were they just rumours?

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
Is the youngest Tuilagi playing or were they just rumours?
I believe that was just a desperate preseason attempt by Grammar to find a substitute for Mackie the current 10 who has been nothing short of abysmal. Unfortunately this was not to be and the boy I believe is currently plying his trade in the English schoolboy competition.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)

I'm not sure of this week, but from the program I have from last week's game:

1. Hugo MacDermott-Opeskin
2. Jimmy Wang
3. Dino Tsakiris
4. Tom Westrup
5. Daniel Gorry
6. Sebastian Schwartz
7. Nicholas Krempff
8. Connor McGuinness
9. James Williams
10. Joe Mackie
11. Brandon Tan
12. William Lee
13. Morgan Wagner
14. David Robertson
15. Thomas Sutcliffe

The team has probably stayed roughly the same, though I have heard a rumbling that an U/15s boy will be playing for them this week. Perhaps TruBluAussieBattla or NewMacca could reveal the veracity of this, clearly being the Grammar boys they are.

If you're watching individuals, I would advise you keep a close eye on their loose forwards who are either giving away penalties or pilfering like madmen (as they should do), and their attack down either flank, where they seem quite effective at mixing and matching forwards and backs to get the job done.

And who/what should we be watching for from Newington's 3rd XV?

Edit: I should add that both Tan and Gorry made U/16s GPS in their respective years, so perhaps watch them specifically.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

2. Jimmy Wang
3. Dino Tsakiris
4. Tom Westrup
5. Daniel Gorry
6. Sebastian Schwartz
7. Nicholas Krempff
8. Connor McGuinness
9. James Williams
10. Joe Mackie
11. Brandon Tan
12. William Lee
13. Morgan Wagner
14. David Robertson
15. Thomas Sutcliffe

The team has probably stayed roughly the same, though I have heard a rumbling that an U/15s boy will be playing for them this week. Perhaps TruBluAussieBattla or NewMacca could reveal the veracity of this, clearly being the Grammar boys they are.

If you're watching individuals, I would advise you keep a close eye on their loose forwards who are either giving away penalties or pilfering like madmen (as they should do), and their attack down either flank, where they seem quite effective at mixing and matching forwards and backs to get the job done.

Edit: I should add that both Tan and Gorry made U/16s GPS in their respective years, so perhaps watch them specifically.
Lee (12) is out and the rumbling concerns his replacement. I think the 8 is now the 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I believe that was just a desperate preseason attempt by Grammar to find a substitute for Mackie the current 10 who has been nothing short of abysmal. Unfortunately this was not to be and the boy I believe is currently plying his trade in the English schoolboy competition.

I hope that the HSC markers are able to tune in to your humour. Imagination like this, and that revealed in your other posts, should not go unrewarded.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)

2. Jimmy Wang
3. Dino Tsakiris
4. Tom Westrup
5. Daniel Gorry
6. Sebastian Schwartz
7. Nicholas Krempff
8. Connor McGuinness
9. James Williams
10. Joe Mackie
11. Brandon Tan
12. William Lee
13. Morgan Wagner
14. David Robertson
15. Thomas Sutcliffe

sorry primetime but I'm not a Grammar insider, I gather info from Newington, as my name suggests. My younger brother has been reserving for Newington 3rds and was simply interested as to whether Tuilagi was at Grammar and if he'll be playing him this saturday

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
.ealisation that rugby has passed the point at which the schools can be expected to produce the ARU's canon fodder?

Unless powers that be acknowledge Union players v Mungos they will always chase the tail. Age brackets should be adhered too, Year 10 unless an absolute legend like Bel or a Kellaway they wait there turn, if you have signed a league contract then see you later in all ARU rep contests other than school, let those that want to play play and capture them after year 12. In its current format 5 this year in Aus Schools are gone to Mungos, the 5 spots they took chance of players probably giving up for education .. wouldn't you. its all a joke.
If you sign why do they keep bothering with them, half of them can not pass a ball from left or to right - just wrong!
The Best side should be picked regardless. Unless the rules change they are schoolboys who can compete and they are still representing their school. I think having League Boys in there gives it a bit of extra, maybe a Benji Marshall step, a little Flick pass etc. Especially in the Tackling Dept. Where the League Boys can do very well, especially against those Big Kiwis and Fijians running at you. Lol.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/fridays-rugby-news-17/

"The starting side features a number of new faces, including Waratahs debutants Jack Dempsey at 6"

Thought it might be of some interest to some of you, as Jack Dempsey only left Riverview last year and is now touring in an understrength Waratahs squad in Argentina

Yes - and he played in the Oz Under 20 team this year in France as did Jonah Placid, Lalakei Foketi, Tom Staniforth, Jake McInytre and Angus Pulver - from last year's Oz Schools team.

He is a natural talent and as a senior player I think he will be wearing the 7 jersey.

Not to the point, but I mentioned in some thread that we should be seeing Andrew Kellaway (Scots) for a while after he leaves school, as we will Harry Jones (Barker) and Jonah Placid (Oz Schools 2012).

These back 3 players were born within six months of each other.

But I digress.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys 1st XV vs Shore
1. Jono Hardy
2. Tierney Glasson
3. Matt Sandell
4. Linden Deans
5. Koim Wingti
6. Josh Canturi
7. Nic Penisi
8. Paddy O'Brien
9. Tevita Mackini
10. Connor O'Shea
11. Luke Ryan
12. Willo McDonnell
13. Kurtis Bennett
14. Timothy McCutcheon
15. Brodie Bailey

3 injuries for the Joe boys this week with Aus Schoolboys stars Deegan and Hanigan both still sore but expected to return. Latrell has a shoulder injury but may make a return in a few weeks.

Tips for this weekend
Joeys vs Shore - Joeys will be under strength but full of confidence after an outstanding performance last week against Scots. Expect new 10 O'Shea to star after some amazing performances for the 2s last week. Shore will be strong and always lift against Joeys but won't we good enough, although this is a real chance for them to get a win - Joeys by 8
Scots vs Kings - Wont be as big a blow out as many expect with Scots still sore from last weeks blockbuster - Scots by 20
Newington vs Riverview - New by 15

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Joeys

3 injuries for the Joe boys this week with Aus Schoolboys stars Deegan and Hanigan both still sore but expected to return.

Joeys vs Shore - Joeys will be under strength

As random2 indicates: O'Shea has been in red-hot form for the Twos and deserves a shot playing flyhalf in the Ones - where he will shine next year, I'm sure.

Hanigan plays no.8 for Joeys and was missed last week but the backrow subs have played well this year and the shifts in position haven't affected them too much either.

But their opponent, Shore, is reeling with injuries and all of these players could be out tomorrow - and several longer than that:

1. Streeter
3. Pedrana (maybe)
4. Oliver
5. Cater
8. Lucas
10. J. Clancy
12. Duncan
14. Connolly
15. N. Clancy

the offside

Frank Row (1)
This week we will see the return of Riverview vice captain and halfback Michael Kennedy. After being out for almost a month due to ligament damage it will be interesting if he can face up against newington.

Also this weekend we will see Riverview Captain Ben Hunt on the bench as he has once again pulled a muscle in his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.