• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
There are two kids on bursaries in the current firsts for Riverview. One has been signed up since 2007, and the other has spent most of his rugby life down in the d's, e's and f's. They provide bursaries for over 30 boys and only a fraction are standouts in any sport.

I have a strange sense of deja-vu on reading some of the posts on the previous page ! Haven't I seen this before???? o_O

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes exactly. And it should be the responsibility of the Team management staff to handle these injuries and to decrease the chances of them happening. I for a fact can notice the number of New injuries has gone down in the past 3 years due to Stretching before and after each training session, the use of recovery aids such as Up and Go's and ice baths after every home fixture.

Maybe it was just a bad year for Shore this year and could've happened to any school. But this should not mean that Shore are like Grammar or High in results. Years upon years of losses will then be suffice to compare them.

Completely agree, a few years ago Ne were in the same boat that Shore is currently in, perhaps worse, then a new program under a new head coach and some talent coming in has put them where they are now. Also can't go past a great Up and Go after a game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yes exactly. And it should be the responsibility of the Team management staff to handle these injuries and to decrease the chances of them happening. I for a fact can notice the number of New injuries has gone down in the past 3 years due to Stretching before and after each training session, the use of recovery aids such as Up and Go's and ice baths after every home fixture.

Maybe it was just a bad year for Shore this year and could've happened to any school. But this should not mean that Shore are like Grammar or High in results. Years upon years of losses will then be suffice to compare them.

Ummm - what's an up and go (in this context)?

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
Completely agree, a few years ago Ne were in the same boat that Shore is currently in, perhaps worse, then a new program under a new head coach and some talent coming in has put them where they are now. Also can't go past a great Up and Go after a game.
Strapping for any boys before games with niggles is important. There are some great Protein and Recovery Powders out which are fantastic, they do help, Stretching is the No. 1 Thing before any games and a Nice Cool Down Recovery after the games with a light jog and some gentle stretches. You can't go wrong

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Agreed ...what Marcus Blackburn is doing is a ground up approach to rugby at scots, right from the year 3 at the prep where we have more than 6 teams, to the first 15, its a totally professional approach and Scots are going to be serious contenders every year... This scots side is very special and a sign of things to come....
As Wagners Die Walkure strikes up in the background.... I am just going to ride on through on my high horse..... NOW.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Only trouble is, the results in the age groups suggest that there will be years and years of this to come. Against Joeys, Riverview, Scots and Kings they have barely won and A or B match all day. Even against Newington, who aren't as strong all the way down, Shore won 16 A & B and 14 A & B and Newington had big wins in 15 A and B and 13As to New 74-0. I've been keeping track of Shore's age group results all year, as I have feared them following High and Grammar. While they start from a stronger base, it's not looking encouraging.

The Spaceman

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi there, long time reader, first time poster. Personally I think that both the claims that Shore should be relegated and that Scots are cheats are completely outrageous.

Firstly, Shore's loss this weekend was their first loss of over thirty points or more the whole season, they have consistently been in the game every week except yesterday. This was a combination of injuries (mainly suffered on the Gold Coast tour), an absolutely firing Scots side and quite frankly a poor showing by the Shore boys. Also if Shore were to be relegated, that would mean the 2nds would be playing in the 4ths competition? The Shore 2nds are a quality side, would by no means 'pump' the 1sts but would absolutely destroy any 4ths side in the competition. Parallels to High and Grammar can only be made when Shore is losing EVERY game by at least 50, something I can't see happening anytime in the future.

Shore have been very unlucky this season, that is it, plain and simple. Unfortunately they were on the end of a rampaging Scots on the weekend. Scots rugby is a force to be reckoned with. Impeccable structure running right throughout their sides, apparent in the 16 A's yesterday that I thought could've had a good crack at Shore 1sts. It was disappointing to see the Shore boys drop their heads so quickly yesterday, as the score line doesn't reflect their abilities or their ticker.

Hope to see more discussion about rugby and who played well rather than just outlandish claims in this forum.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Scots are a very, very good rugby side and are extremely well-coached. They are on top of the 1sts competition and deserve to be there on any measure.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Some interesting match-ups this week. Scots last away match before Newington and Joeys at home. Newington make the trip to Hunters Hill. Joeys and Scots in the 3rds.

1st & 2nd XV
Shore v Kings
St Ignatius v Scots
St Josephs v Newington

3rd XV
Armidale v Kings
St Ignatius v Grammar
St Josephs v Scots
Shore v Newington

Status
Not open for further replies.