• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
For any of those wondering about Shore's 1st XV this is what I've gathered from speaking to boys still there.

- Going off last years success (or complete lack thereof), the rugby program started in Term Four of last year (about two months earlier than last year) in order to prepare the boys better.
- They have 14 boys returning who played four or more games in the 1sts last year.
- They have approximately six boys (could be more if you include the 16's boys who played up) returning from last years 2nd XV.

Going off that, this is what I assume the 1st XV will look like, although I hear the side may be listed later this week.

1. Ben Hollebon - 1st XV 2013.
2. Olly Stump - 1st XV 2013.
3. Fergus Bragg - 2nd XV 2013 / Ryan Haskard - 2nd XV 2013 / Tom Holman - 2nd XV 2013.
4. Paddy Olver - 1st XV 2013 and GPS 3rds.
5. Lawson Muir - 1st XV 2013.
6. Henry Wrench - 1st XV 2013.
7. Jum Woodhil - 1st XV 2012 and 2013, alongside GPS 2nds 2013.
8. Nathan Lucas - 1st XV 2013, 2nd XV 2012.
9. Harry Emery - 1st XV 2013, 2nd XV 2012, GPS 3rds 2013.
10. Dom Naylor - 2nd XV 2013.
11. -
12. Charlie King - 1st XV 2013.
13. Toby Cooke - 1st XV 2013.
14. Matt Dowsett - 1st XV 2013.
15. Will Connelley - 1st XV 2013.

The back line may a bit off, but the forward pack (which I rate extremely highly) should be pretty much right. After this they still have Simon Litchfield (Halfback / Centre), James Doyle (2nd Row), Lachie Moore (2nd Row) and others returning from the 2nd XV.

If, touch wood, they are not plagued by injuries as they were in 2013, this should be a very competitive year. If, however, they are, perhaps Shore needs to look at the way they condition these boys in the preseason.
Good to see multiculturalism hasn't reared its ugly head on the north shore

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
@catchnpass please take no offense it was a case of .. . . Right bait but wrong fish! . . . Was hoping to get a bite from @Lee Grant or @Brian Westlake

LOL.

I WAS having a sabbatical from this diatribe....

Off the G & GR....
Off the Beer.... Shares in James Squire at an all time low now
Off the Red.... :(
And actually trying to regain my lost mediocrity of fitness.

AND NOW YOU... My Dear Newbs, drag me back into the land of cynicism and bullshit over moet et chandon????
The Seaview Brut of the Northern Hemisphere?

Thats it!!!! I am going to start drinking heavily (again) and go watch some footy.
And at SJC, they are much more the Carrington Brut or at least Yellowglen hahahaha.

Bill McLean (32)
I WAS having a sabbatical from this diatribe..

Off the G & GR..
Off the Beer.. Shares in James Squire at an all time low now
Off the Red.. :(
And actually trying to regain my lost mediocrity ... ... ... ... ... ...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I give up all those vices every 'Lent' as well ... ... ... lol!

On a rugby note, it good to see the 'class of 13' well represented in the NSW U/20's; and doing well at the National Champs. They have a big game against QLD tomorrow!

I've heard your mates lad is doing well! The lad plays like a 'madman possessed'!

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Did any body see the Northern Inland vs the ACT U17 game? Northern Inland lost something like 52-5. I ask because eleven of the Northern Inland squad were from TAS - they had a wonderful time, by the way - and this might give a clue to the prospective strength of TAS in the 3rds comp.

lineoutjumper

Stan Wickham (3)
SHORE 1ST XV and 2ND XV vs Aloys (what i have gathered from spectating- no athletes!)
1ST XV 2ND XV
1. Ben Hollebon (1st XV) 1. Zach Lees (16A)
2. Fergus Bragg (2nd XV) 2*. Jake Hedge (15A)
3. Hayden Osbourne (3rd XV) 3. Cameron Williams (3rd XV)
4. Lawson Muir (1st XV) 4. Nick Stevens (3rd XV)
5. Paddy Olver (1st XV) 5. Max Stevenson (2nd XV)
6. Henry Wrench (1st XV) 6. Josh Vinzenz (16A)
7. Jum Woodhill (c) (1st XV) 7. Hugh Finlay (NEW- ACT juniors)
8. Nathan Lucas (1st XV) 8. James Clarke (c) (2nd XV)
9. Harry Emery (1st XV) 9. Oscar Lane (16B)
10. Ollie Cowley (16A) 10. Lockie Patrick (16B)
11. Ollie Pridham (3rd XV) 11. Tom Vietch (3rd XV)
12. Angus Merriman (2nd XV) 12. James Berkman (16A)
13. Charlie King (1st XV) 13. Sam Allen (16A)
14. Jock Armstrong (16A) 14. Ben Kennedy (16A)
15. Simon Litchfield (3rd XV) 15. Harry Kembal (3rd XV)

INJURED: Ollie Stump (1st XV)
Jack Preece (2nd XV)
*Rory Suttor (NEW- 16s)
Lachie Moore
James Doyle

providence

Herbert Moran (7)
Inside,

The only problem with using rampant sarcasm around multiculturalism is that a number of 'GPS children' on this site, and quite possibly adults, just won't get it or see it as that.

It would be terrible to think that the GPS system could even possibly be viewed as a veritable breeding ground for racism. Thank goodness this is so far from the truth.....

footylover101

Allen Oxlade (6)
SHORE 1ST XV and 2ND XV vs Aloys (what i have gathered from spectating- no athletes!)
1ST XV 2ND XV
1. Ben Hollebon (1st XV) 1. Zach Lees (16A)
2. Fergus Bragg (2nd XV) 2*. Jake Hedge (15A)
3. Hayden Osbourne (3rd XV) 3. Cameron Williams (3rd XV)
4. Lawson Muir (1st XV) 4. Nick Stevens (3rd XV)
5. Paddy Olver (1st XV) 5. Max Stevenson (2nd XV)
6. Henry Wrench (1st XV) 6. Josh Vinzenz (16A)
7. Jum Woodhill (c) (1st XV) 7. Hugh Finlay (NEW- ACT juniors)
8. Nathan Lucas (1st XV) 8. James Clarke (c) (2nd XV)
9. Harry Emery (1st XV) 9. Oscar Lane (16B)
10. Ollie Cowley (16A) 10. Lockie Patrick (16B)
11. Ollie Pridham (3rd XV) 11. Tom Vietch (3rd XV)
12. Angus Merriman (2nd XV) 12. James Berkman (16A)
13. Charlie King (1st XV) 13. Sam Allen (16A)
14. Jock Armstrong (16A) 14. Ben Kennedy (16A)
15. Simon Litchfield (3rd XV) 15. Harry Kembal (3rd XV)

INJURED: Ollie Stump (1st XV)
Jack Preece (2nd XV)
*Rory Suttor (NEW- 16s)
Lachie Moore
James Doyle
Should have it over aloys I think. Though I think this backline could get touched up.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Inside,

The only problem with using rampant sarcasm around multiculturalism is that a number of 'GPS children' on this site, and quite possibly adults, just won't get it or see it as that.

It would be terrible to think that the GPS system could even possibly be viewed as a veritable breeding ground for racism. Thank goodness this is so far from the truth...

There's a difference between racism and an anachronism

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Inside,

It would be terrible to think that the GPS system could even possibly be viewed as a veritable breeding ground for racism. Thank goodness this is so far from the truth...
Way too precious.
Take offence to something that is offensive.
Don't take someone to task for making a wry comment,that a fool might misinterpret.

footylover101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Shore 22-Aloys 5. Left after aloys took off half their team and completely bombed a try after the third quarter. Aloys won the seconds in a far less physical match. Shore forward pack was outstanding against an aloys pack of what I presume to be year 11 students. I think this pack will be a force this year. Backline left a little to be desired defensively were under pressure at times by a solid aloys back line however I believe they were missing two key players to athletics.

Status
Not open for further replies.