• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Its important to remember that selectors do not just watch the games that have been played over the past week. Considering that Scots had 2 big wins in their first 2 games and porter playing a large part in both wins his selection could be more than justified
At Fullback

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Talk about Scholarships, Bursaries, Enticements, Fee relief etc to the thread below, please folks.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/school-sporting-scholarships.5780/page-228

There is a fair bit of latitude to vent in that thread about that subject. There is no scope to discuss that subject here.

The Mods will summarily delete any post in this thread that discusses scholarships, bursaries and fee relief regardless of how good it may or may not be.

Bottom line - DON'T BOTHER.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ I thought that 10. A Sheldon (G) has potential. Apparently he is only 15 and plays for School as a 12. He seemed reasonably comfortable stepping into the #10 slot for AAGPS Blue to cover an injury withdrawal. After a couple of mistakes early in the game (probably nerves - kid looks 17, but is only 15) he settled down and played a reasonably mature and competent game.

Not sure if he backed up over the weekend in the U16's for Presidents XV. I couldn't get up there. If he did, playing against his "proper" age group, he probably would have stood out.

James Day

Stan Wickham (3)
^^^ I thought that 10. A Sheldon (G) has potential. Apparently he is only 15 and plays for School as a 12. He seemed reasonably comfortable stepping into the #10 slot for AAGPS Blue to cover an injury withdrawal. After a couple of mistakes early in the game (probably nerves - kid looks 17, but is only 15) he settled down and played a reasonably mature and competent game.

Not sure if he backed up over the weekend in the U16's for Presidents XV. I couldn't get up there. If he did, playing against his "proper" age group, he probably would have stood out.

definitely agree to that, he was in SGS 1st XV last year as a yr 9 boy! his defence was notable aswell considering such an age gap. Big boot on him, looking forward to see him develop. Hopefully his development isnt hindered by his school playing in the thirds comp

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The third sentence would have their English teacher cringing, and it is a rather sad indictment on editorial standards in community journalism.

I'll leave any comment on how the general tone of the "letter to the editor" reflects prevailing Eastern Suburbs attitudes to those more closely associated with that area.

Perhaps @Inside Shoulder may know some residents from there.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
The third sentence would have their English teacher cringing, and it is a rather sad indictment on editorial standards in community journalism.

The third sentence is 90 words (or so) long. Probably doesn't take a breath in real life either, by the sound of it!

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
The third sentence is 90 words (or so) long. Probably doesn't take a breath in real life either, by the sound of it!

I would tend to agree.
What a disgrace to allow this inaccurate piece to be printed at all. Letter to the Editor indeed, if they had bothered calling the School or asking questions at the "match" they would have realised that it was perhaps a 3rd XV conglomerate that played the visitors. That particular contributor wouldn’t know his arse from his elbow with the Editor not far behind.
I have a funny feeling that "Mr Sanchez" could have been recently banned from this forum and has decided to take his wares to another publication.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

I'll leave any comment on how the general tone of the "letter to the editor" reflects prevailing Eastern Suburbs attitudes to those more closely associated with that area.

Perhaps @Inside Shoulder may know some residents from there.

Unless the English teacher had said to channel their inner James Joyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.