• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
humility at this stage of the season should be spread like fresh butter on warm bread at cadet camp .. if you can get it ... nice and thick
Boys and girls I suggest you listen to good Mr Hart and load up the butter knives with big dollops of Mrs Allowries finest. Postulate and prophesize all you like, safe in the knowledge that any "favourite" tag you bestow on a team at this stage of the year is likely to hang like a mill stone around your neck by round 1.3.

And after all do you really want to be on the end of a "Na na nana na" from all the other GAGR correspondents?

Just saying......

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There wasn't a lot right in the Waverley #1 leaving his feet while Kuenzle was on the ground, collecting him high.
Waverley's defence overall didn't pose too many question for Newington.
New #3 worked pretty hard for a big guy.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Joeys team today. No BBQ. Serious error in catering judgement.
c106f9a0d43b24beaf6a75205ac18944.jpg

Did Crotti play hooker in seconds?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There wasn't a lot right in the Waverley #1 leaving his feet while Kuenzle was on the ground, collecting him high.
Waverley's defence overall didn't pose too many question for Newington.
New #3 worked pretty hard for a big guy.

There seemed to neither a penalty or a yellow card afterwards (unless it was edited out - but play looked like it restarted with a scrum).

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
He was rightfully yellow carded ...
I rate him as a reasonable prop , but his history of
yellow cards isn't great

I had been Hoping 2016 would be a better year for him
... Just silly or at best lazy

Hopefully the 10 is back for start of comp ...

How long is recovery on a broken arm?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If it's a simple break, the lad could be back for the start of the competition, which is 5 weeks away. Hopefully that's the case.

More complicated breaks which require pins, screws, plates etc would be longer.

deezebola

Frank Nicholson (4)
6-8 weeks for a broken arm and dislocated wrist, ref had called time off, the illegal play by #1 was on purpose and intentionally taking a player out, should of been a red card

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He was rightfully yellow carded .
I rate him as a reasonable prop , but his history of
yellow cards isn't great

I had been Hoping 2016 would be a better year for him
. Just silly or at best lazy

Hopefully the 10 is back for start of comp .

How long is recovery on a broken arm?

SDW - since you evidently know him perhaps you could point out to him that rugby is a game played on your feet....;)

footychat

Bob McCowan (2)
Was at the Newington v Waverly game on Saturday and observed some good footy for a first hit out for the season. Was pretty disappointed with some of the disciplinary issues coming from Waverly, which eventually leaded to New #10 Bayley Keunzle's injury and departure from the field. Apart from this Newington looked solid at times but somewhat lacking on defence around the ruck. Standouts from each team include Waverly #4 Pat Clifton #8 Eden Rogers Smith and Newington #3 Opeti Helu and #15 James Turner very impressive for a first game back from injury. Waverley shutdown #12 Tyrone Taukamo very well but left space out wide which Newington capitalised on most of the time.
*Debut Post* very excited for the upcoming season and will be watching many of the various GPS games. Footychat.

Vitamin B lover

Frank Row (1)
6-8 weeks for a broken arm and dislocated wrist, ref had called time off, the illegal play by #1 was on purpose and intentionally taking a player out, should of been a red card

Yeah sorry do not agree with your line of thinking, it was accidental and should only have been a penalty. My opinion DELETED - BE CONSTRUCTIVE

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
I understand Quinn may be new to the school ? Big hand in one of the first tries then proceeded to kick two over from either sideline. As parent from other school I think he will continue to have big impact. No doubt Joe's have some good backs which can line up against other teams this year but Barnes was in a lot of grief after the injury to an already heavily strapped knee which may think the young bloke thought it serious. Big loss if out for any length of time. But "favourites" is a big statement. Marist were one out all day and seemed easy to defend and nothing to show that Joe's forwards would be one of the stronger units this year. Exception Tuinakavadra who could play
anywhere in the scrum, with possible exception of #4 or #5 and be a champion.

As for Newington game, if Kuenzle is out for any length of time will impact New's chances a lot as feel he is the key to giving opportunity to some good talent outside him. Interesting New have a new arrival in the 16As playing at #10 I believe and reports he is making a good impact to that team.

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah sorry do not agree with your line of thinking, it was accidental and should only have been a penalty. My opinion DELETED - BE CONSTRUCTIVE

You need to sort out where you stand on this issue VBL - in post #374 you said that what happened as wrong, and yet now you're saying it was accidental and only deserved a penalty! I've watched the video, and the ref clearly blows his whistle for the knock-on, and yet the Waverley prop clearly set himself for a missile tackle at the unprepared (and therefore defenceless) player on the ground. It should have been a red card, and if there's any justice the player in question should be out of the game for at least as long as Bayley Kuenzle is. Will Waverley College do the right thing and impose their own sanction, or will the player in question be allowed to carry on the same way in the next game?

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
You need to sort out where you stand on this issue VBL - in post #374 you said that what happened as wrong, and yet now you're saying it was accidental and only deserved a penalty! I've watched the video, and the ref clearly blows his whistle for the knock-on, and yet the Waverley prop clearly set himself for a missile tackle at the unprepared (and therefore defenceless) player on the ground. It should have been a red card, and if there's any justice the player in question should be out of the game for at least as long as Bayley Kuenzle is. Will Waverley College do the right thing and impose their own sanction, or will the player in question be allowed to carry on the same way in the next game?

Agree,

Waverley have to take a stand. Hopefully Newington will do the same for their number 3 who stomped on the Waverley 9's hand and broke his wrist. Can't help but notice that isn't in the video above though.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Haha. Was going to ask same question of you after reading your initial appraisal but thought better. 'Brushed off' is a huge call for a game decided with 1 min to go.

Should have scored 3 or 4 times reminds me of wallabies v Scotland at RWC. Thing is they didn't.

I agree View were better side and deserved to win. But brushed aside creates impression that they never got out of second gear.

Just felt I needed to provide some balance. That's all

Fair enough. In regards to Billy Smith "having more of an impact" than Will Terry - Terry and Dom Easy (12) were both training with the Australian 7's U18's squad on the weekend, and even had training that morning of the game. That may offer an explanation.

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Agree,

Waverley have to take a stand. Hopefully Newington will do the same for their number 3 who stomped on the Waverley 9's hand and broke his wrist. Can't help but notice that isn't in the video above though.

I don't have an issue with the identification of acts of foul play, W88, regardless of the team to which the perpetrator belongs - and they should all be punished accordingly. If the New #3 did what you're suggesting he did, then you should ask your school to pursue it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.