• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Scots played two matches against Kings College Auckland in Auckland yesterday arvo.

This is the same Kings that won the 7s tournament at Scots two weeks prior.

Scots won the 2nd XV 34 - 18.

Kings won the 1st XV 19 - 12 in extra time.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Scots played two matches against Kings College Auckland in Auckland yesterday arvo.

Who lined up for Scots 1st XV?

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)

Hopefully the first XV result is a portent of things to come on this side of the "Dutch" in 2016 ;)

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Who lined up for Scots 1st XV?

HI GOIII.

I don't have team list.

But i did hear that Miller from 1sts and 2nds last year (back row) made a comeback from injury on Saturday and played a blinder.

Also Charlie Crawford (second row in 1sts last year) is settling in well at No.8.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
not sure if this is a high-water mark for Sydneysiders living like Romans, or if I am becoming a leftie in my old age ..... but I must say I have never seen such extravagant overseas sporting tours

obviously from above posts Scots are currently in New Zealand ... no big deal a few years back they were in South Africa

I gather it's currently Barker's turn to be in South Africa

from general chit-chat .... I gather this year's under 13s from Scots, have an end of year Japanese rugby tour

..another mate told me his Riverview student son is going to Spain on a soccer tour and then another mate's 14 year old Cranbrook just left for a rugby tour to USA

I am sure all these tours will be fantastic and I don't dispute that there will be educational opportunities ... and hopefully there is some component that visits the less fortunate ... think Scots did that in South Africa...

but it does re-inforce that this small bubble of wealth and privilege, in Sydney (and no doubt in other Cap cities) does seem to going to another a level

as one who manages to scrape together monies for private school fees, I wonder if this is setting up kids to have the right mentality

oh well I guess it is what it is ... and reminds me of that great call you hear at the odd game on a high tackle ... "that was as high as a Clovelly mortgage":mad:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Let's not forget the Scots year 6 rugby tour to NZ. In one fund raising night there was $100000 raised?!? Designer suits for the coaches and a tour kit for the 12 year olds that would make an Olympian blush. Not one cent was seen by the other junior school teams.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Shore are sending some forward scouts to the Gold Coast for schoolies.

The cost of this is extravagant enough. Hate to think what South Africa would cost.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Kings do a four week tour of Europe every two years.

Last one was December 2015 to England (5 games) and Italy (2 games). It was fantastic experience for the 30 lads that were selected and participated and those parents and families that dutifully followed the tour around the countryside.

Yes it hits the balance sheet pretty heavily but that's the sort of stuff long last memories are made of and was worth every cent.

It's indeed a privilege afforded very few people and any responsible parent would be doing their best to ensure their lads are appreciative of the sacrifice that's been made to afford them such opportunities.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Kings do a four week tour of Europe every two years.

Last one was December 2015 to England (5 games) and Italy (2 games). It was fantastic experience for the 30 lads that were selected and participated and those parents and families that dutifully followed the tour around the countryside.

Yes it hits the balance sheet pretty heavily but that's the sort of stuff long last memories are made of and was worth every cent.

It's indeed a privilege afforded very few people and any responsible parent would be doing their best to ensure their lads are appreciative of the sacrifice that's been made to afford them such opportunities.

One of the joys of rugby is the tour. Long may they continue.

And I'll wager that for 99% of the boys involved it will be their most memorable rugby experience. Far above the petty triumphs that certain adults in authority engineer.

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
@Azzuri, you may be able to help us out with this one.

When did Will Grant leave Kings for Riverview? He played (quite well) at the Scots 7s and against Scots last weekend as a 9, but if I remember correctly, was also a part of King's touring squad to England and Italy late last year?

A great player who seems to have grown a fair bit over the off-season.

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Let's not forget the Scots year 6 rugby tour to NZ. In one fund raising night there was $100000 raised?!? Designer suits for the coaches and a tour kit for the 12 year olds that would make an Olympian blush. Not one cent was seen by the other junior school teams.
What rubbish firstly they went to the Gold Coast and the parents paid $800 each ...... You really are a joker .......

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)

When did Will Grant leave Kings for Riverview? He played (quite well) at the Scots 7s and against Scots last weekend as a 9, but if I remember correctly, was also a part of King's touring squad to England and Italy late last year?

If i understand correctly he left Kings at the end of 2015.

R

Runpasstackle

When did Will Grant leave Kings for Riverview? He played (quite well) at the Scots 7s and against Scots last weekend
as a 9, but if I remember correctly, was also a part of King's touring squad to England and Italy late last year?

Didn't start in the the 7s final. If he has grown he must of been tiny last year. Would still say tiny.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
What rubbish firstly they went to the Gold Coast and the parents paid $800 each .. You really are a joker ...

Thank you Rob but as my son was there from 2001 I know a bit of history of these tours

FACT- The NZ Rugby tour started in 1996 when the team was coached by Mr Budler.
FACT- The Gold Coast football tour started in 1997 when coached by Mr Merckx.
FACT- The final NZ tour was in 2004 when the side was coached by Mr Coplin.
FACT- The Gold Coast combined Rugby/Football tour started in 2005 when then the Headmaster Mr Watson cancelled in the NZ tour due to the staggering amounts of money being spent on one team.
FACT- Parents from both codes were asked to pay for the Gold Coast tour and we gladly did. (estimate was $840)

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't think that was necessarily the motivating factor for Grant. Understand he was well regarded at Kings after being the starting half for NSW Schools U16 last year and would have been given every opportunity to contend for the firsts this year. There were 3 Y11s who won starting spots for the Cranbrooke game who may not have been given much chance before the season and at least another 3 or 4 Y11 who ran on for last 20 minutes for coaches to look at. That both Grant moved to Riverview (after going on a December school tour !!) and Dom Easy (possibly the best player at U15 NSWJRU State Champs last year) has arrived from Pius is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.