• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
and let no one forget it

Grammar also have the biggest margin for a win against Joeys,
1921, Won 51-0, also we must remember that a try was 3 points back then. Newington did beat Joeys 51-7 in 2010 and 59-21 in 2013. As the next school to put on a big wins over Joeys. I don't know how Grammar came by their points . Back if they scored all tries, the amount would be massive based on a 5 point try.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes, yes , yes..... I was a couple out here and there but it doesn't take away that it's the Joe Boys, Kings and then DAAAAAYYYYYYLLLLIIIGGGHHHTTT ;).....pass the salt that wound looks fresh!!!

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
And Joeys have been 8 seasons without a 1st XV title. Took them 12 years to win their first title in 1904 and their only other similar dry patch was 1908-1918.

I have a feeling this might be the drought breaking year for them.

Joeys had an exceptional team last year.

Gittoes/Wright/Clements/Horton - all stars, all moved on.

This years team can't be as good. So unless the entire competition is back a notch and all teams are down on 2015 level, then I don't see Joeys as favorites.

Having said that, I know Joeys will put out a very fine, well drilled and competitive team that will be hard for any school to beat and I would never write them off.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Joeys had an exceptional team last year.

Gittoes/Wright/Clements/Horton - all stars, all moved on.

This years team can't be as good. So unless the entire competition is back a notch and all teams are down on 2015 level, then I don't see Joeys as favorites.

Having said that, I know Joeys will put out a very fine, well drilled and competitive team that will be hard for any school to beat and I would never write them off.

Not so sure. Their 3rds and 16As were very impressive last year.

As you say, never write SJC off on the rugby field.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Not so sure. Their 3rds and 16As were very impressive last year.

As you say, never write SJC off on the rugby field.

I totally agree. Joey's will be very competitive.

But with other schools, particularly View and Kings (I think) having more 1st XV players returning, a strong 3rds and 16As may not count for much

Loose Carry

Peter Burge (5)
I totally agree. Joey's will be very competitive.

But with other schools, particularly View and Kings (I think) having more 1st XV players returning, a strong 3rds and 16As may not count for much

It is going to be a super tough competition. Joeys won the 2nds last year too but at the end of the day we could well see the tightest competition we have seen in years. No such thing as an easy game anymore.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Hold the phone. Do View and Kings have more 1st XV players returning? That's got me thinking. For each of the six schools, how many regular and occasional 1st XV players are back this year? I will have a stab at working that out for Scots

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Hold the phone. Do View and Kings have more 1st XV players returning? That's got me thinking. For each of the six schools, how many regular and occasional 1st XV players are back this year? I will have a stab at working that out for Scots

Kings has 8 returning I believe

Loose Carry

Peter Burge (5)
From what I could see in the Joeys program posted earlier in this thread ... Joeys look to have 3 from 1sts, 3 from 2nds, 7 from 16As, 1 from 4ths and 1 new kid?

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
Tony Hanlon's heart was broken on 1993 and it saw the eventual demise of SHS in the 1st XV. An outstanding team only bettered by a cheque book.

Very sad that he could never quite claim the Premiership he so rightly deserved. Never heard a single bad word about that man...

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)

Best guess of returning players without knowing the 2016 1st XV line-ups yet - am sure i missed a couple

New – 7 + 1 inj (Helu, Serhon, Lawson, Taukamo, Duvall, Gilfedder, Simmonson + injured Kuenzle)
Shore – 8 (Edwards, Suttor, Allen, Haskins, Sinclair, Sheehan, Gregory, Rixon)
View – 7 (Rorke, Fenn, Scott, Pirina, Lenehan, Terry, Smeallie)
Kings – 8 (Lombardi, Lynch, Brown, Skelly, Ryan, Pietsch, Mann, Orpen, Millar)
Joeys – 3 + 1 inj (Holley, Wilkinson, Jaffer-Williams + injured Barnes)
Scots – 6 (Todd, Crawford, Shannon, Green, Chadwick, Miller)

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Best guess of returning players without knowing the 2016 1st XV line-ups yet - am sure i missed a couple

New – 7 + 1 inj (Helu, Serhon, Lawson, Taukamo, Duvall, Gilfedder, Simmonson + injured Kuenzle)
Shore – 8 (Edwards, Suttor, Allen, Haskins, Sinclair, Sheehan, Gregory, Rixon)
View – 7 (Rorke, Fenn, Scott, Pirina, Lenehan, Terry, Smeallie)
Kings – 8 (Lombardi, Lynch, Brown, Skelly, Ryan, Pietsch, Mann, Orpen, Millar)
Joeys – 3 + 1 inj (Holley, Wilkinson, Jaffer-Williams + injured Barnes)
Scots – 6 (Todd, Crawford, Shannon, Green, Chadwick, Miller)

Interesting. Thanks GOIII. Great research. Is another indication of why the years comp is likely to be very even.

Status
Not open for further replies.