• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I agree completely. I apologise if it seemed like I was implying otherwise, but I was just expressing how it's good to see someone as talented as him rewarded with a 1st XV berth for a very good rugby school.
And Kings is Not???

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Of course it is. I was just saying that he might have struggled to cement a starting position in the Kings 1st XV behind a player of a calibre such as Kyle Brown, and that it was satisfying to see him rewarded with a spot at Riverview.
Do you think that was a factor in moving schools?

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
And Kings is Not???

So the tally for AAGPS Rugby Premierships looks something like this.

I may be out by one or two but think its mostly correct, including shared premierships.

• Joe Boys - 50
  • Kings - 26 - (and Eyeing off 27 ;) )
  • Syd Grammar - 14
  • St Iggies - 10
  • New - 10
  • Scots - 8
  • Shore - 5

Of course within these stats is the need to interpret them based on how long the school has been in operation but makes for interesting raw data comparisons.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Clearly religion not a barrier to changing schools for either boy or school.

(Please. Nothing meant by this other than a comment on how times have changed)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

I may be out by one or two but think its mostly correct, including shared premierships.

• Joe Boys - 50
  • Syd Grammar - 14
  • St Iggies - 10
  • New - 10
  • Scots - 8
  • Shore - 5

Of course within these stats is the need to interpret them based on how long the school has been in operation but makes for interesting raw data comparisons.

and let no one forget it

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^Who are they?
Has the team been announced yet, or is it just the players talking?

I'm only expecting to see about 6 from NSW make the "cut". This hasn't been a good year for NSW. Injuries and rugby 7s contracts have also impacted.

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
I understand Quinn may be new to the school ? Big hand in one of the first tries then proceeded to kick two over from either sideline. As parent from other school I think he will continue to have big impact. No doubt Joe's have some good backs which can line up against other teams this year but Barnes was in a lot of grief after the injury to an already heavily strapped knee which may think the young bloke thought it serious. Big loss if out for any length of time. But "favourites" is a big statement. Marist were one out all day and seemed easy to defend and nothing to show that Joe's forwards would be one of the stronger units this year. Exception Tuinakavadra who could play
anywhere in the scrum, with possible exception of #4 or #5 and be a champion.

In response to a few posts -

Joeys v Barker. It was new boy Quinn #12 Y11 who set up early try and then kicked conversion from either sideline. He was very good. Not sure comments about Joeys potential to be a force this year can be made based on this game. As the author wrote, Joeys lack forward size they have had in previous years. Early injury to Barnes their fullback, which may be serious could really hurt them if out for a while. He was destined (in my opinion) for further honours.

My apologies because I got my games mixed up. The comments about Quinn and Barnes (Joeys) were from the Marist Canberra game week later.

Look are you sure you have the right player in #12 ? Is Quinn 'new boy' ? I thought player #11 and player #10 were best for Joeys. #11 not only had a hand in a couple of tries but he was given the kicking duties later in the game. #11 went over for 2 x tries and converted his own 2 x tries from the sideline. Did I see right ?

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
Look are you sure you have the right player in #12 ? Is Quinn 'new boy' ? I thought player #11 and player #10 were best for Joeys. #11 not only had a hand in a couple of tries but he was given the kicking duties later in the game. #11 went over for 2 x tries and converted his own 2 x tries from the sideline. Did I see right ?

Jack Quinn is not new to the school, (or at least, 2016 is not his first year at Joeys). He was the 12 for the Presidents XV A's and if I remember correctly, also made the NSW Under 16s as the 12.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

• Joe Boys - 50
  • Syd Grammar - 14
  • St Iggies - 10
  • New - 10
  • Scots - 8
  • Shore - 5

High - 5 (46, 63, 71, 72, 73) & should have won 93;)

EDIT: And I like your optimism.:)

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)

• Joe Boys - 50
  • Syd Grammar - 14
  • St Iggies - 10
  • New - 10
  • Scots - 8
  • Shore - 9

@Azzuri - you are 4 out in the case of Shore

08,09,33,69,70,77,85,98,06 and clearly due for another one

Hopefully @9 that puts us 1 ahead of the evil forces in the far East.

AND MAY I SAY ALL 9 WON BY HOMEGROWN BOYS.

The link for anyone that interested

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/premiership-history/

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
So Scots are in NZ. New is in Japan. What are other teams up to during holidays?

Apparently Shore is going to Sunshine Coast Next week not Gold Coast as previously reported by an unreliable source. Caloundra I am told for a skills camp, don't believe there are any matches to be played. !'s and 2's only on this trip.

Loose Carry

Peter Burge (5)
Jack Quinn is not new to the school, (or at least, 2016 is not his first year at Joeys). He was the 12 for the Presidents XV A's and if I remember correctly, also made the NSW Under 16s as the 12.

Correct - Quinn played 16As for Joeys last year.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Scots played two matches against Palmerston North Boys High in NZ this afternoon.

Scots won the 2nd XV 45 - 7 and the 1st XV won 38 - 5.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
@Azzuri - you are 4 out in the case of Shore

08,09,33,69,70,77,85,98,06 and clearly due for another one

Hopefully @9 that puts us 1 ahead of the evil forces in the far East.

AND MAY I SAY ALL 9 WON BY HOMEGROWN BOYS.

The link for anyone that interested

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/premiership-history/
High - 5 (46, 63, 71, 72, 73) & should have won 93;)

EDIT: And I like your optimism.:)
Newington have actually won 11
1896,1900.1911.1912,1954,1961,1979,2010,2012,2013,2015[/quote]

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Tony Hanlon's heart was broken on 1993 and it saw the eventual demise of SHS in the 1st XV. An outstanding team only bettered by a cheque book.

Yes, they flogged Kings, beats Joeys convincingly, but lost to a school in their centenary year 15-22.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.