• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilf_enthusiast

Bob McCowan (2)
Re No. 3. For GPS 2nds. I reckon Scots 3. Darcy Breen would be worth considering. Reckon he could even make GPS 1sts next season, as only in year 11. Is new to front row though. Was Scots 16As No. 8 last season. But has been the rock in Scots front row this season in my opinion and they shoved New around a few times and smashed Joeys. But is also very good defender and ball Runner. Scored 3 tries in Scots 7s too

With all respect to Darcy Breen, I think he is too young and inexperienced. He needs time to mature as a player and adapt to the front row position.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
QH what silly thought made me think you would not post a comment like this . Go back and see who made the first accusation of bias . .

I'm really not interested in who said what first. I'm also not really interested in who thinks who should be in what team. If you and others want to carry on with did so, did not primary school stuff, leave me out of it.

You may have noticed that I didn't reply to any post, nor did I attempt to identify any person as being at fault. Not sure why you outed yourself.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
With all respect to Darcy Breen, I think he is too young and inexperienced. He needs time to mature as a player and adapt to the front row position.

Fair enough. Young - yes. Not much experience in front row - yes. But reckon he's adapted very well. This Saturday will be a big test. Will be very interesting to see how he goes. I will be at the match. I'll let you know. Cheers

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Anyone know what the School's position is when heavy rain is forecast? Do they cancel, postpone or play hell or high water.

Usually 1sts and 2nds are played (and possibly 3rds now that it is an official competition). I guess it depends on the condition of the grounds.

Joeys main ground could withstand a week's worth of rain and still be playable. IIRC Northbridge drains quite well too. Not sure about Bellevue Hill.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Usually 1sts and 2nds are played (and possibly 3rds now that it is an official competition). I guess it depends on the condition of the grounds.

Joeys main ground could withstand a week's worth of rain and still be playable. IIRC Northbridge drains quite well too. Not sure about Bellevue Hill.
^^^^^^
@QH, I was at Northbridge Stadium last year under similarly inclement conditions, and you needed a Monster Truck pulling tractor to get the Heavies out of the middle (cricket pitch area) when they had the misfortune of ploughing themselves into the quag(mire).

BH is notoriously slippery in these conditions. Think "Torville & Dean". Backs not required? Unlikely the piggies will entrust them with the pill!

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Haskins/Brown are neck and neck for a 1st GPS spot, from what I've seen thus far

Obviously there are some good players in teams that aren't going too well. However just because they may be one of the biggest stand-out players in a particular team, doesn't necessarily mean they should warrant a rep selection over another player who may not stand out as much purely because he is in a more successful team.. One may simply look better when conducting a comparison against his teammates, rather than his opposition. And I hope they select based on the latter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@George, you make a good point but there is a double edge sword here.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.

What the GPS selectors is trying to do, is pick all the champions (and hopefully have the coaching skills to transform them into a representative champion team).

Perhaps Riverview is a Champion team with not as many Champions as some of their supporters would like.

I happen to think Fenn Rourke & Terry all Champions and among the first selected.

The discussion about Sheldon, does he look good because he is playing a lower grade?? Or will he go even better and see his very best when there is serous talent with the other 14 all around him?? I think the latter.

My thoughts are, I have not seen a absolute standout 10 so far. Still to see Kings but they were still experimenting with Mann (but injured now?) . My pick would be Riverview so far, but if Sheldons the man, I look forward to seeing it.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes @NIS.... I understand Jack injured a shoulder a couple of weeks ago. Not sure when he'll be back on deck.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^
@QH, I was at Northbridge Stadium last year under similarly inclement conditions, and you needed a Monster Truck pulling tractor to get the Heavies out of the middle (cricket pitch area) when they had the misfortune of ploughing themselves into the quag(mire).

BH is notoriously slippery in these conditions. Think "Torville & Dean". Backs not required? Unlikely the piggies will entrust them with the pill!

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the cricket pitch at Northbridge. Has the Shore groundsman turned the sprinklers on yet?;)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I would just like to mention that Sheldon was no standout against Shore or Kings 3rd XV, and close to what Tellidis @GeorgeGrant said, a player can stand out in a 3rd XV competition but when it comes to higher grade can become a boy amongst men very quickly
When did grammar play kings????

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the cricket pitch at Northbridge. Has the Shore groundsman turned the sprinklers on yet?;)

I have never seen the Northbridge surface look better. There is a thick cover of long couch grass. In the early games the pitch wasn't noticeable, it also had a good cover of grass.

But once the wet weather comes and it all gets churned up, it could get slippery.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I have never seen the Northbridge surface look better. There is a thick cover of long couch grass. In the early games the pitch wasn't noticeable, it also had a good cover of grass.

But once the wet weather comes and it all gets churned up, it could get slippery.

if the grass is too long I have access to a small herd of wooly lawnmowers who will happily assist... Although with all that glorious mud it sounds like piggies may be a better option. I know they will certainly appreciate a muddy welcome.

Marched Ten

Stan Wickham (3)
how many tries did he score that day?

How many tries should he be scoring against a 3rd grade shore team? Don't get me wrong he is a great player. But he is a Man amongst boys now. Wheras i find that Josh Smith is in greater form than Sheldon (at the moment), I was simply stating that There are few players this year that have a shoe in the GPS 1st XV which is quite the contrary to what @Jesus said before "mark my words he will be in there"

Sheldon is a scoring machine, But as he should be when he is playing other third grade teams with his size speed and ability, he should be standing out like a sore thumb! whereas he is putting a few points on the board here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.