• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
Here my prediction should be certainty lock in there position in the GPS 1st XV
1?
2?
3 Helu (N)
4 Brown (K)
5 Fenn (I)
6 serhon (N)
7?
8 Pietsch (K)
9?
10?
11?
12?
13 Terry (I)
14 Taukamo (N)
15 Simmonson (N)

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
I think Lawson will be selected as a loose forward. I don't think he will be selected for a rep team in a position he doesn't normally play. I am not sure if he has played center in the past. I am pretty sure he was put there to improve the mid field defense last Saturday.

He was selected last yr in the AAGPS U16 squad at no.8, but in the final he did score a try from within the backs at a short line-out play >

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
The dominant teams in the competition will undoubtedly dominate the selections. They are dominant for a reason and while there are always good players in unsuccessful teams it would be ridiculous to have a team that hasn't won a game with high representation in the top two GPS teams.
From form and previous rep selection my picks are
1.Todd (S)
2.Jeavons (S)
3. Helu (N)
4. Brown (K)
5. Fenn (R)
6. Pietsch (K)
7. Rorke (R)
8. Lawson (N)
9. Brown (K)
10. Lenehan (R)
11. Jaffer Williams (J)
12. Wilkinson (J)
13. Terry (R)
14. Smeallie (R)
15. Simmonson (N)

Riverview 5
Kings 3
Scots 2
Newington 3
Joeys 2

Seconds
1. Cutler (R)
2. Vivers (J)
3. Holley (J)
4.Williams (K)
5. Suttor (Sh)
6. Serhon (N)
7. Scott (R)
8. Crawford (S)
9. Haskins (Sh)
10. Kuenzle (N)
11. Taukamo (N)
12. Sheldon (G)
13. Pirina (R)
14. Day (J)
15. Osborne (K)

Riverview 3
Kings 2
Scots 1
Newington 3
Joeys 3
Shore 2
Grammar 1

Haskins/Brown are neck and neck for a 1st GPS spot, from what I've seen thus far

Thus far, after watching 4/5 teams play against Riverview, I can argue that only Joeys were the only team competitive against Riverviews forwards. No back row could match, nor did any scrum.

When Shore played Riverview, despite Suttors incredible size and power, he noticeably struggled to contain Riverview ball runners, specifically on multiple occasions against Riv forwards Tommy Silk (5) and Charlie Rorke (6). However, he is not all 15 players, hence he is not accountable for all missed tackles.

That leads me to my next point; Obviously there are some good players in teams that aren't going too well. However just because they may be one of the biggest stand-out players in a particular team, doesn't necessarily mean they should warrant a rep selection over another player who may not stand out as much purely because he is in a more successful team.. One may simply look better when conducting a comparison against his teammates, rather than his opposition. And I hope they select based on the latter..

Nevertheless, this is not to say that one may or may not dominate regardless of the team in which they play for, but more so to consider the circumstances of the competition and teams this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Haskins/Brown are neck and neck for a 1st GPS spot, from what I've seen thus far

Thus far, after watching 4/5 teams play against Riverview, I can argue that only Joeys were the only team competitive against Riverviews forwards. No back row could match, nor did any scrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting list.

Some comments:

8 for Riverview in 1 and 2's...Think the end will be closer to 5?

Think only 3 of the 6 front rowers you mention will make 1's and 2's.

You included players that have played only 1 or 2 games in front of selectors..should it be assumed that these are the dreaded "reputational" picks

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Interesting list.

Some comments:

8 for Riverview in 1 and 2's.Think the end will be closer to 5?

Think only 3 of the 6 front rowers you mention will make 1's and 2's.

You included players that have played only 1 or 2 games in front of selectors..should it be assumed that these are the dreaded "reputational" picks

Think Boxhead and George both very closely aligned to Riverview.

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
You fools keep on discounting Sheldon (G). He will make AAGPS 1st XV mark my words!

I hope you are not closely associated with SHELDON because you would be the FOOL to come on this forum and go on calling everyone else a FOOL for not including him in their team.

I can guarantee you this , no one on this forum is a GPS selector and highly doubt that anyone selection on this forum will persuade any selector to pick one player over another.

So this is a forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion. You come on here as a newly registered member and all you post is about SHELDON. I get it, you think he should be selected in the 1stXV GPS team. I respect your opinion so how about you respect others in their right to select nominate whoever they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.