• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^ Rugby 7's is a different game. Congratulations to Rixon. It is an honour to represent ones country in any endeavour.

There was a lad from "lowly" AICES who played with both distinction in the 2015 Youth Commonwealth Games Rugby 7's team. Not a lot of outcry about the Selectors not nominating him for NSW Schools.

Please try to be objective here.

We do have a thread to stick it to the selectors, if you feel so inclined.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Despite being snubbed for a top two GPS team, Luke Rixon from Shore has been selected for the U18 Australian 7's team. Selectors will be regretting there decision now, especially after he bagged 4 meat pies in 1 half yesterday. Absolute speedster with a 10.4 second 100m PB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@GeorgeG - Spelling - Selectors will be regretting "their" decision now,

I think the selectors will be keeping a pretty close eye on Luke, he is coming into pretty special form at the moment. I don't think we have seen the last of Luke this rep season.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I don't want this misconstrued as being flirtatious (sorry Azzuri, it's over) but how good are Sidesteppa's videos with upbeat music? Nothing like being a bit bored at work and playing the short highlights reel to get you pumped for footy. Keep them coming is all I can say.

I find it leads into other youtube videos - "Best Russian Car Crashes 2010" is one of my faves

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Despite being snubbed for a top two GPS team, Luke Rixon from Shore has been selected for the U18 Australian 7's team. Selectors will be regretting there decision now, especially after he bagged 4 meat pies in 1 half yesterday. Absolute speedster with a 10.4 second 100m PB

Shore meat pies I presume?;)

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
@GeorgeG - Spelling - Selectors will be regretting "their" decision now,

I think the selectors will be keeping a pretty close eye on Luke, he is coming into pretty special form at the moment. I don't think we have seen the last of Luke this rep season.

Sorry that's my fault. Phone with the autocorrect - I'm not usually that ungrammatical I must apologise

Stuck in a Ruck

Frank Row (1)
In regards to the 3rd XV competition, Kings defeated High 38-10 in their make-up game at McKay yesterday.

An updated competition table as of round 5

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 11.29.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 11.29.49 AM.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 236

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
Knowledge,

Helu for sure, Taukamo no chance. Watching the game yesterday served to confirm to me that he has lost substantial pace.

I now am tending to agree after being a supporter. MO based on 2 round games this year and what transpired on Tuesday. He has proved many a pundit wrong over time but his size and shape may be now better suited to the front row. CAS #13 & opposing winger, much smaller players, handled him well. P. Kearns recently advised on Fox that a player from New 1sts had been offered a $150k deal with Toulon for next year. Could be one other beside Tyrone but am suspecting its him being referred to.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The French clubs certainly have a penchant for big PI boys. The first one was Edwin Maka, straight from West Harbour colts to Toulouse. Mind you, apart from his size (ENORMOUS) he wasn't great shakes on the Sydney colts scene.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Knowledge,

Helu for sure, Taukamo no chance. Watching the game yesterday served to confirm to me that he has lost substantial pace.

I now am tending to agree after being a supporter. MO based on 2 round games this year and what transpired on Tuesday. He has proved many a pundit wrong over time but his size and shape may be now better suited to the front row. CAS #13 & opposing winger, much smaller players, handled him well. P. Kearns recently advised on Fox that a player from New 1sts had been offered a $150k deal with Toulon for next year. Could be one other beside Tyrone but am suspecting its him being referred to.

Would the other one be a prop?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
P. Kearns recently advised on Fox that a player from New 1sts had been offered a $150k deal with Toulon for next year. Could be one other beside Tyrone but am suspecting its him being referred to.

Amazing. Schoolboy not tested against men nor over an 80 minute game. Shows a great leap of faith by Toulon (if Kearns is right!)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Would the other one be a prop?
I hope they don't steal Helu who has a big future if one can judge a THP so young.

The thing is - if the French clubs get them in their academies young enough they can overcome the piss-weak constraints of using foreigners - and if the lad has a PI passport they are even more favourably regarded, I believe.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hi everybody - anybody going to Curagul tomorrow who can do a report on the two games GPS v CHS Is and IIs?

We're asking for just 400 words apiece as we have done for the recent blogs of non-Aussie test matches, and what we did for Six Nations tests earlier in the year.

Please reply here if you are interested. No need to reply if you can't.

Thanks.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
GPS Teams for tomorrow just been released - Looks like teams lists haven'tn been adjusted for known injuries.

GPS II (1-23)

1. Tom Osborne (Riverview)
2. Harry Todd (Scots)
3. Frank Cutler (Riverview)
4. Rory Suttor (Shore)
5. Tom Silk (Riverview)
6. George Miller (Scots)
7. Hugh Green (Scots)
8. Tom Serhon (Newington)
9. Kyle Brown (Kings)
10. Bayley Kuenzle (Newington)
11. Lachie Day (St Joseph's C)