• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby U/16 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
To many Joe boys surprise Robert Gazel who has recently moved from Scots is struggling to find form in his new school. At the start of the season many said he was a definite for the A's but is actually struggling in the C's. Random 2 could you give us your opinion on the situation? (If you have seen him play)

Yeh real shock to see the superstar from Scots Robert Gazal struggle to find form. He does have that ability to 'carry the team on his shoulders' and is almost a Paul Gallen like player but of lebanese decent. I do believe he will make his way up the ranks and put enormous pressure on Enzirick, Canturi and Behan for their spot in the As.

F

freddy charmichael

How the squads are shaping up this year.
Teams to look out for this year

SCOTS: I heard theres a good side this year. Hard to say though becuase they havent had a full teams since U/14s (Glengary)

Riverview: Very competitive this year, as always.

Shore: A lot of U/15 NSW player should have a good season.

i had a good look in at a shore opens training, seems as though the 16's have lost the clancy twins, harry emery, sam cater and jum woodhill to the opens, would be an interesting season for the former power house

D

Dragons

Joeys 16s
Looking strong with a very good backline, though O'shea the 5/8 being the star player for the opening game.

F

fernando

I understand this, but when Gazals form hits its peak he could play all 3 positions on his own
i completely understand where your coming from.. i believe if he hits his peek before gps selections he is a definite.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Scots win 2 trys to1 against St Augs last week doesn't tell the whole story. They lost the forward battle convincingly and won only because the St Augs backline with some very inexperienced centres were unable to penetrate some rock solid defence. Joeys by 12

V

vacant

Joeys +20 even with Canturi out of the game , still have equally strong loose forwards and tight 5 to fill the roles.

T

terminator

Scots were easily beaten by Joeys last saturday, the forwards dominated all day and Scots never had a chance. The backs for Joeys are also looking extremely well disciplined and i think are ready to role Riverview. it will be interesting this w/e to see Joeys and Riverview battle it out with Conner O'shea at 5/8 i think they have it won easily.

H

HarveyColon

pretty much, but i am referring specifically to u16s....that mcutcheon boy's a spunk

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
16Bs - Joeys 15 - 0.
16As - Joeys 17 - 5.

No intensity from Riverview in both games. Joeys with way too much mongrel.

T

Tight head Lion

Scots beat Newington in 16's
U16a 17-0 win
U16 b 27-7 win
U16 c 19-12 win

M

Mr Foo Ty

i have to say, the newington 16A's team is improving at a rapid rate, they're performance against scots yesterday was admirable!

S

Sydneybra

Newington are looking a much stronger side but will still struggle to compete with the other schools with out many star players or a solid starting 15, but you cant take much away from these boys as they give it everything week in week out

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
Any GPS Boys on show at the NSW JRU state champs next weekend or have the GPS Selectors "discouraged" that to keep them fresh for the School rep tournament at Knox?

S

Scotstothefore8

what i have seen over the last few years is scots has one good forward, and their backs are not at the standard of the other GPS schools

Kerser2 ay lad brah scots will win the comp hands down we have a few boys "on triangle" scholarships and they coincidently are good at rugby

S

Scotstothefore8

Canturi has proven to be a very strong player great contention for NSW best of luck to him :)

S

Scotstothefore8

i heard McCutcheon is out for 10 weeks with a bruised right toe, unlucky for the big man

Status
Not open for further replies.