• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hey Pooper, I don't think BOTE stand for 'Background Other Than English' unless the statistics provided are wrong. As the percentage factor for Waves is extremely low which seems very unusual especially after seeing their u16A, 2XV and 1XV play the other weekend as each team predominantly consisted of big Polynesian boys. Would only assume that there younger siblings/cousins will be getting enrolled into the school if they match the Edmen rice scholarship requirement - to offer some size and strength on the rugby pitch HA HA.

Mr S :)

Not true that each team was predominantly made up of Polynesian boys, 2 in the 16s, none in the 2nds and next year the 1sts will have a different make up to this year but who cares. Over exaggerated, other schools also have varied groups, they are all boys.

red screws

Frank Row (1)
Hey Pooper, I don't think BOTE stand for 'Background Other Than English' unless the statistics provided are wrong. As the percentage factor for Waves is extremely low which seems very unusual especially after seeing their u16A, 2XV and 1XV play the other weekend as each team predominantly consisted of big Polynesian boys. Would only assume that there younger siblings/cousins will be getting enrolled into the school if they match the Edmen rice scholarship requirement - to offer some size and strength on the rugby pitch HA HA.

Mr S :)

Interesting take on the waves scholarships, Are you by any chance saying that they are taking advantage of the Edmund Rice scholarship for the use of rugby,Seems like it to me. Anyway does anyone have the team-lists for the knox vs brook game.

A spy of mine has informed me of people to keep A eye on, Knox 10 and 15 and cranners 6 and 13.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Racism is alive and well in the CAS.

Notice the only people being targeted here have different skin colour. No questions being asked of all the kids with white skin that appear at every other CAS school.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
You wouldn't snap your fingers and get a perfect competition overnight. You'd get a series of better competitions. If I were designing it, I suspect you'd have three tiers - one, the elite level, for the schools with big programs to which serious resources are devoted. The lower tier would be schools who want to play Rugby on a fairly casual basis, and generally have one team in each age group. And most schools would be in the middle tier, which would have to be organised into different conferences (based on geography and history). (You could split the middle tier into two tiers, but most schools in this bracket would be fairly evenly matched.)

Importantly, you'd change it over time, based on the size and scope of the school's program and consistent performance measured across a range of criteria.

The critical thing is to take short-term 1st XV performance out of the equation. That isn't how we should evaluate a school's Rugby program.

Yep Snort,

A well thought out framework, as a start, to improve what currently is getting worse and absolutely needs to be re-constructed to achieve fairness, enjoyment, and safety.

Robbo1971

Frank Row (1)
Hello Gents,

Long time reader of the forum, first time poster.

Today I was shown the Alos team lists, interesting to see they have 10 players in there first/second xv injured.

Any thoughts?

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
What a day for it.

Match of the round for me is Knox v Cranbrook.

Christian Brothers v Jesuits won’t be a contest this year.

Barker should clean up Trinity. If there’s a chance of an upset, it’s here, but the head says Barker by 15-20.