• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2021

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
I thought the red card was a bit unfair. It is difficult for the big blokes to get low quickly. Still it was great to see him in action carving up the kiwis rather than carving up schoolboys.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Looks like we may get back to normal programming for 2021 with 5 inter association games followed by 5 CAS games. Hope this cohort gets the full experience. Any “new starters” worth hearing about? If not I’m assuming the upper north shore and the folk from
Centennial park will be the favourites as per usual

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Looks like we may get back to normal programming for 2021 with 5 inter association games followed by 5 CAS games. Hope this cohort gets the full experience. Any “new starters” worth hearing about? If not I’m assuming the upper north shore and the folk from
Centennial park will be the favourites as per usual

Hi BBR,

Fingers crossed that all proceeds as per a normal season, expect it will.
I think this years games will be very tightly contested.
Without knowing too much about all the GPS teams, but based on the past performances of this age cohort, you would think Joeys, Riverview and Kings will be the top teams in their association, but happy for others to provide some info on the other 3 schools. I think Shore should have a competitive team, and Scots and Newington will also be in contention.
In the CAS, again based on history, there will probably be 4 main contenders, Barker, Knox, Cranbrook and Waves.

It will be very interesting to see how these teams fare when they play the inter association games prior to their own comp.
I think the GPS teams will face some strong competition from the CAS schools, in fact, don't be surprised if the CAS win the majority of games. Expect this year to hold a number of very strong teams across both comps.

Let the banter begin!

The Analyser

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi BBR,

Fingers crossed that all proceeds as per a normal season, expect it will.
I think this years games will be very tightly contested.
Without knowing too much about all the GPS teams, but based on the past performances of this age cohort, you would think Joeys, Riverview and Kings will be the top teams in their association, but happy for others to provide some info on the other 3 schools. I think Shore should have a competitive team, and Scots and Newington will also be in contention.
In the CAS, again based on history, there will probably be 4 main contenders, Barker, Knox, Cranbrook and Waves.

It will be very interesting to see how these teams fare when they play the inter association games prior to their own comp.
I think the GPS teams will face some strong competition from the CAS schools, in fact, don't be surprised if the CAS win the majority of games. Expect this year to hold a number of very strong teams across both comps.

Let the banter begin!

As a firm GPS supporter for many years, I thought I would add on to your comments. Surprisingly Kings aren't expected to be as strong as usual, Scots are my hot favourites for the 2021 Season. Shore are looking to produce one of their best teams within the last 10 years as well as Newington and Riverview looking to be rather strong.

I've looked at a few of the pre season programs with most GPS schools playing Knox, Barker and Waverly and I think the games will be as competitive as ever, I'm excited to see the two comps collide in these games.

The Analyser

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
As a firm GPS supporter for many years, I thought I would add on to your comments. Surprisingly Kings aren't expected to be as strong as usual, Scots are my hot favourites for the 2021 Season. Shore are looking to produce one of their best teams within the last 10 years as well as Newington and Riverview looking to be rather strong.

I've looked at a few of the pre season programs with most GPS schools playing Knox, Barker and Waverly and I think the games will be as competitive as ever, I'm excited to see the two comps collide in these games.

The Analyser

Ditto TA,

There are probably more strong teams than normal in each association, often 1 or 2 are real stand outs.
Shore has always been very competitive in this age group and interesting to see your view on Scots.
Scots hasn't been a front runner in this age group but the Opens is always a different beast, along with any new additions that often pop up in schools. In my experience Kings were the younger day stand out team, essentially led by 1 young absolute superstar who won't be playing but they still had a strong team. They were followed closely by View and Joeys.
So the GPS comp is shaping up to be a beauty. By the sounds of it, Newington will also be in the mix

Knox will be very strong this year, and big, and the Cranbrook team will also be strong. Barker has a habit, through a strong coaching focus, on delivering mighty opens teams in the last decade. The Waves will be thereabouts.
So this comp will also be a beauty.

The cross association games will be fascinating.

Lovetap

Peter Burge (5)
CAS fans are there any updates on your 1st XV teams or possible wild card selections ?
I like what I am hearing coming out of QP as I’m told Waverley are deep into pre season and are building a strong group.
As followers know there will be a good number of 1st returning and fringe players from 2020.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
is the Waverley schedule known yet ? am considering meeting my brother from Qld ( also an ob ) in Sydney and going to a match at QP ,, if not yet would someone advise when known to help with planning ,, thank you

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
is the Waverley schedule known yet ? am considering meeting my brother from Qld ( also an ob ) in Sydney and going to a match at QP ,, if not yet would someone advise when known to help with planning ,, thank you

BB, The Waves 1st CAS comp game will at QP on Sat May 29 v Knox.
This may well decide the winner of the CAS comp, as both sides will be strong this year.

The next Sat Jun 5 there will be another game at QP v Cranbrook, who will also be very strong this year.
The last game at QP will be round 4 at QP v Aloys Sat July 24.

There will also be some earlier games vs the GPS, in May, and these will also be strong games.

Trust this helps, let me know if you need more info.

Cheers WLF (White Line Fever) - OB.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
great thanks for that V Knox is always a good game i was in Sydney a few years ago and got to see Waverley destroy them to win the comp ,, the Knox supporters near me were tut tutting about the behavior of the old boys on the sideline , ha ha

ZHC

Peter Burge (5)
BB, The Waves 1st CAS comp game will at QP on Sat May 29 v Knox.
This may well decide the winner of the CAS comp, as both sides will be strong this year.

The next Sat Jun 5 there will be another game at QP v Cranbrook, who will also be very strong this year.
The last game at QP will be round 4 at QP v Aloys Sat July 24.

There will also be some earlier games vs the GPS, in May, and these will also be strong games.

Trust this helps, let me know if you need more info.

Cheers WLF (White Line Fever) - OB.

@WLF , I've just gone and checked the Waverley calendar myself. I extracted the rugby draw, was going to put it up and saw you had beaten me too it, well partly. You're missing the away games, the 3rd round clash against Barker at Barker on 17th July, will be a hairy scary affair for the boys, never an easy game up there ever, as we know very well. And to round out the season, they finish with round 5 away at Trinity on 31st July.

If anyone has access to the GPS/ISA games schedule, post the info here please. @The Analyser, you mentioned seeing a pre-season program. Any chance, you could populate it up here please.

These trial games are due to begin when the boys return for term 3, first game Saturday 24th April. The first four Saturdays in May, also scheduled for these trial games.

Looking forward to the year's schedule. Go the Waves :)

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
To be fair i only asked for the QP games ,, would be interested in trials at QP as well though

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
To be fair i only asked for the QP games ,, would be interested in trials at QP as well though

Yeh thanks BB,

Clearly ZHC didn't read your question! But he has filled in some more game details.

ZHC, I think the trials start at the beginning of term 2 not 3, but your dates are spot on, unlike you to get such a fine detail wrong!

Will post the trial games details when finalised.

red son

Frank Nicholson (4)
Draw from CAS site

24 April 2021
Waverley v Newington
Trinity v Cranbrook
Barker v St Stanislaus
Knox v St Josephs
Syd Grammar v St Aloysius

1 May 2021
Waverley v St Augustines
Knox v Shore
St Aloysius v St Patricks
Barker v Newington
Trinity v Oakhill
Cranbrook v St Pius X

8 May 2021
Knox v Oakhill
Shore v Waverley
St Josephs v Barker
Scots 2nd xv v St Aloysius
St Pius X v Trinity
Kinross W’roi v Cranbrook

15 May 2021
Shore v Barker
St Ignatius v Knox
St Gregorys v Cranbrook
Kings v Waverley
Trinity v St Patricks
St Aloysius v St Stanislaus

22 May 2021
Oakhill v Waverley
St Aloysius v St Gregorys
St Ignatius v Barker
Newington v Knox
Cranbrook v St Patricks
Shore v Trinity

Round1 29 May 2021
Barker v Cranbrook
Trinity v St Aloysius
Waverley v Knox

Round 2 5 June 2021
Waverley v Cranbrook
Trinity v Kox
St Aloysius v Barker

Round 3 17 July 2021
Cranbrook v Trinity
Knox v St Aloysius
Barker v Waverley

Round 4 24 July 2921
Cranbrook v Knox
Barker v Trinity
Waverley v St Aloysius

Round 5 31 July 2021
St Aloysius v Cranbrook
Trinity v Waverley
Knox v Barker

The Analyser

Bob McCowan (2)
CAS fans are there any updates on your 1st XV teams or possible wild card selections ?
I like what I am hearing coming out of QP as I’m told Waverley are deep into pre season and are building a strong group.
As followers know there will be a good number of 1st returning and fringe players from 2020.

My Knox prediction:
1. Jack Black
2. Romayo Bray
3. Noah Smith
4. Lachie Reeve
5.?
6.?
7. Charlie heardman
8. Will Feather
9. Tom Goddard
10. Tom Morrison
11. Tom Osborne
12. Jarrah Mcleod
13. Jake Buchanan (big maybe)
14.?
15. Luke Tucker

Anyone like to comment or add to the team??

CAS Rugby 1010

Bob McCowan (2)
Draw from CAS site

24 April 2021
Waverley v Newington
Trinity v Cranbrook
Barker v St Stanislaus
Knox v St Josephs
Syd Grammar v St Aloysius

1 May 2021
Waverley v St Augustines
Knox v Shore
St Aloysius v St Patricks
Barker v Newington
Trinity v Oakhill
Cranbrook v St Pius X

8 May 2021
Knox v Oakhill
Shore v Waverley
St Josephs v Barker
Scots 2nd xv v St Aloysius
St Pius X v Trinity
Kinross W’roi v Cranbrook

15 May 2021
Shore v Barker
St Ignatius v Knox
St Gregorys v Cranbrook
Kings v Waverley
Trinity v St Patricks
St Aloysius v St Stanislaus

22 May 2021
Oakhill v Waverley
St Aloysius v St Gregorys
St Ignatius v Barker
Newington v Knox
Cranbrook v St Patricks
Shore v Trinity

Round1 29 May 2021
Barker v Cranbrook
Trinity v St Aloysius
Waverley v Knox

Round 2 5 June 2021
Waverley v Cranbrook
Trinity v Kox
St Aloysius v Barker

Round 3 17 July 2021
Cranbrook v Trinity
Knox v St Aloysius
Barker v Waverley

Round 4 24 July 2921
Cranbrook v Knox
Barker v Trinity
Waverley v St Aloysius

Round 5 31 July 2021
St Aloysius v Cranbrook
Trinity v Waverley
Knox v Barker

Some very good trial games compared to previous years, alos and cranbrook seem to have similar trial games should be interesting to see how those two compare. Waverly and Barker seem to have some pretty competitive trial games as well. Im sure that Barker v Joeys game will be a cracker!. What's everyone else's thoughts?

Sir Scrums-Alot

Frank Row (1)
Waverley 1st XV team prediction (updated)

1. Reeve Smith
2. Darcy Sullivan
3. AJ Pereketes
4. Clem Halaholo
5. Fritz H-J
6. Ethan Halakatoa
7. Patrick Hogget/Jesse Sonego
8. Ethan King (C)
9. Klayton Thorn
10. Charlie Worthington/Emmanuel Di Bartolo (C)
11. Dane Towns
12. Aaron Dimovitch
13. ?
14. ?
15. Emmanuel Di Bartolo/?

-Will be interesting to see how the backline shapes up when it comes to game time. A lot of talent in the outside backs, yet no established 1st XV players returning.

-Very powerful and skilful forward pack. With the talent and depth of this pack the Waves will have a good platform to play off. Interesting to see what some of the rep players are able to bring to the table this year.

-Waverley will be better off with the experience of Ethan King and Emmanuel Di Bartolo leading the boys around. Both instrumental contributors to the 2020 premiership campaign, and will be essential in supporting some of the younger boys stepping into a 1st XV jersey for the first time.

This team could be anything. I'm expecting many close games throughout this competition. May even be one of those 'joint-premiership' years. However, being a Waverley supporter, it would be rude not to back them for the win.